Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Norcal Spotted and BS Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-02-2013, 10:36 AM   #23801
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
4RunnerSeth's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Q Up View Post
There's an 02 Tacoma at the Modesto pick in pull. Debating if i should take the chance to see if the CV boots are still on. Its been on the yard since 6/5.....
For replacement CVs???? I wouldn't get CVs from a pick n pull truck.
Old 07-02-2013, 10:39 AM   #23802
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
There's an 02 Tacoma at the Modesto pick in pull. Debating if i should take the chance to see if the CV boots are still on. Its been on the yard since 6/5.....
I would buy new.

Crazy expensive to drive to Modesto for CV boots when you can get them delivered for less than $50
Old 07-02-2013, 11:19 AM   #23803
4runner Troll
SCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
SCRunner12's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
2wd, you can see a picture and info on this site. http://row52.com/Vehicle/Index/5TEVL52N32Z025982

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4RunnerSeth View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian408 View Post
I would buy new.

Crazy expensive to drive to Modesto for CV boots when you can get them delivered for less than $50
Why? I got one and it's holding up just fine. Cost me $45 and I got a 1 year warranty on it if it "fails". I'd rather have a OEM cv than some Autozone crap.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:21 AM   #23804
Alpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Ruben
Alpha Q Up's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I see people buying used all the time. :shrug:

Quote:
I would buy new.

Thanks Ian, I was looking to get the whole cv axel. I think it's easier to replace. But I may just buy this kit. Good looking out
Old 07-02-2013, 11:24 AM   #23805
Alpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRunner12 View Post
2wd, you can see a picture and info on this site. http://row52.com/Vehicle/Index/5TEVL52N32Z025982
Cool thanks Robert.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:44 AM   #23806
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Why? I got one and it's holding up just fine. Cost me $45 and I got a 1 year warranty on it if it "fails". I'd rather have a OEM cv than some Autozone crap.
In Ruben's case, the cost of driving to Modesto negates any savings you might get from buying used in Modesto. So either finding a 3p one or buying from the dealer, you'd come out ahead as far as cost.

You might also want to check Toy Connection in Santa Clara.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:51 AM   #23807
07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
07trd4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Just saw a Sick blue SAS 2nd Gen on Folsom and Florin-Perkins.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:57 AM   #23808

EMS:
Quote:
In Ruben's case, the cost of driving to Modesto negates any savings you might get from buying used in Modesto. So either finding a 3p one or buying from the dealer, you'd come out ahead as far as cost.

Oh yea forgot about them. They are pretty expensive though. I think they wanted like $300 for a stock bumper.
Old 07-02-2013, 12:03 PM   #23809

EMS:
Be honest guys...... I painted my exposed area and behind the grille. But I didn't think it was going to be this glossy. I don't like it too much. But I want your feed back. Yay or nay. I'm thinking of giving it a satin coat.

Old 07-02-2013, 12:11 PM   #23810
Feet in the water...
Silver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Silver02Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to Silver02Taco Send a message via AIM to Silver02Taco Send a message via MSN to Silver02Taco Send a message via Yahoo to Silver02Taco
Looks fine in the pics... Perhaps in person it might look different?
Old 07-02-2013, 12:14 PM   #23811
Peanut Butter and Jaaaaaaaammmmmmm!!
t.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: If I told ya, I'd have to kill you...
Name: Ted
t.hornstra's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Be honest guys...... I painted my exposed area and behind the grille. But I didn't think it was going to be this glossy. I don't like it too much. But I want your feed back. Yay or nay. I'm thinking of giving it a satin coat.

I think it looks fine. I did my 02 with a satin and it looked too close to the dull stock black they use on the frame and whatnot. the semi-gloss makes it look new and different. I think you should keep it!
Old 07-02-2013, 12:28 PM   #23812
1st gen > 2nd gen
Rucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good Ruben, sooner or later it will dull out some after some weather outside. I wouldnt waste the money/time to repaint. Plus once you get the bumper on there you wont notice it as much.
Old 07-02-2013, 12:38 PM   #23813

ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rucas View Post
Looks good Ruben, sooner or later it will dull out some after some weather outside. I wouldnt waste the money/time to repaint. Plus once you get the bumper on there you wont notice it as much.
^^ This.
Old 07-02-2013, 12:39 PM   #23814

ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Oh yea forgot about them. They are pretty expensive though. I think they wanted like $300 for a stock bumper.
Ouch.
Old 07-02-2013, 01:33 PM   #23815
4runner Troll
SCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:

True, gas would kill any deal it would be.

Ruben, there is a 4wd 4runner in Newark, but it's been there since the beginning of June. Might still have the CV's. http://row52.com/Vehicle/Index/JT3HN87R0T0037338
Old 07-02-2013, 01:52 PM   #23816

EMS:
Thanks for all the feedback fellas. I'll keep it like this and see how it looks.

Robert: so the 4runner CV's are comparable? Sweet. What years?
Old 07-02-2013, 01:58 PM   #23817
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
4RunnerSeth's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
Quote:

I bought Oreilly's remans. They are factory Toyota CVs with new boots on them. They have a life time warranty. If one fails, I yank it out and drop it on their counter and get a new one. Never have to pay for CVs again.
Old 07-02-2013, 02:14 PM   #23818
4runner Troll

Quote:
Thanks for all the feedback fellas. I'll keep it like this and see how it looks.

Robert: so the 4runner CV's are comparable? Sweet. What years?
Yeah they work. 1996-2002 4runner cv's will work.

Quote:
I bought Oreilly's remans. They are factory Toyota CVs with new boots on them. They have a life time warranty. If one fails, I yank it out and drop it on their counter and get a new one. Never have to pay for CVs again.
I hear you on that one, but you also have a core charge. I wanted an extra one to keep around and at $100 for a core charge I wouldn't have kept my extra one around. Plus for me I'll be out of this vehicle in probably 3-4 years so a lifetime warranty isn't exactly necessary. I do understand the appeal though.
Old 07-02-2013, 04:44 PM   #23819
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Quote:

This.
Old 07-02-2013, 06:20 PM   #23820

ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Holy crap! It's hotter than a pistol here and Hwy 80 is closed near the NV border....for a mudslide!

Products Discussed in this Thread