Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Norcal Spotted and BS Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-19-2013, 06:00 AM   #25301
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
Wow that's crazy.
Old 08-19-2013, 06:05 AM   #25302
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagorb View Post
went down deer valley trail from blue lakes and this happened

no clue how.
Check your motor mounts That's the only thing I can think of unless you had a branch come up and hit it.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:32 AM   #25303
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone know any smog shops in central CoCo county that aren't too picky with what they see under the hood
Old 08-19-2013, 09:42 AM   #25304
nagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
Check your motor mounts That's the only thing I can think of unless you had a branch come up and hit it.
that's what i was thinking, but haven't been able to pull the skids to check. weird thing is i didn't hear anything, I've had friends break mounts and usually you hear the fan. I'll be checking today.
Old 08-19-2013, 03:57 PM   #25305
kalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Stanley
kalieaire's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07trd4x4 View Post
Thanks
You really can't compare the two to be honest. Since Cerakote is ceramic based, you can do alot more with it. High temp Cerakote can with stand up to 1800 degrees. Also it is self lubricant, so it can go on engine parts such as pistons and valves.
That's half right.

Cerakote C186Q is a ceramic based thermal barrier for piston tops, if it gets on the sides of a piston, it doesn't matter since the piston itself isn't in contact with the engine's cylinder walls. It's also very good at dispersion of heat in an even manner for aluminum pistons which do not tolerate uneven thermal expansion compared to iron pistons. Reducing hot spots also makes it a must for forced induction setups.

With regards to Valves, as long as they make a decent enough seal against the ports, it doesn't really matter either. But with ceramic coatings in general, they clean up super easy on engine teardowns.

However, if it were truly a lubricant, people wouldn't have a problem w/ using it on say rod bearings. Nobody recommends using Ceramic coatings on bearings since they're fine as is.

Beyond that, Cerakote makes a lot of other tough high temp coatings for use on things like firearms, plastic parts, and other neat stuff. @Nat, but be sure to understand the actual application limitations before assuming it's unobtanium.
Old 08-19-2013, 05:26 PM   #25306
07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
07trd4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Norcal Spotted and BS Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalieaire View Post
That's half right.

Cerakote C186Q is a ceramic based thermal barrier for piston tops, if it gets on the sides of a piston, it doesn't matter since the piston itself isn't in contact with the engine's cylinder walls. It's also very good at dispersion of heat in an even manner for aluminum pistons which do not tolerate uneven thermal expansion compared to iron pistons. Reducing hot spots also makes it a must for forced induction setups.

With regards to Valves, as long as they make a decent enough seal against the ports, it doesn't really matter either. But with ceramic coatings in general, they clean up super easy on engine teardowns.

However, if it were truly a lubricant, people wouldn't have a problem w/ using it on say rod bearings. Nobody recommends using Ceramic coatings on bearings since they're fine as is.

Beyond that, Cerakote makes a lot of other tough high temp coatings for use on things like firearms, plastic parts, and other neat stuff. @Nat, but be sure to understand the actual application limitations before assuming it's unobtanium.
And you are getting technically. Lol

you know there's more then just the piston coating, like micro slick film at are made for the Engine internals that helps with fiction?!?!?

Edit: but I am only Certified in the Firearms coatings, so I don't know much about the high temp stuff. I am thinking about getting my cert in it. Might get into Powder Coating as well.
Old 08-19-2013, 06:27 PM   #25307
aka Frank Gallagher...
Jay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jay
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

you know there's more then just the piston coating, like micro slick film at are made for the Engine internals that helps with fiction?!?!?

Edit: but I am only Certified in the Firearms coatings, so I don't know much about the high temp stuff. I am thinking about getting my cert in it. Might get into Powder Coating as well.
Woot!
Old 08-19-2013, 06:35 PM   #25308
whiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
whiteboy's Tacoma Gallery
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEbfteUIkYU

Pretty sweet video of a LT truck riding around a track.
Old 08-19-2013, 07:19 PM   #25309
CaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired
Name: Jesse
CaliAsh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboy View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEbfteUIkYU

Pretty sweet video of a LT truck riding around a track.
Well Cody, that is not really a truck

What you want to do

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gK3fs1gZ3IU

What you really do

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaIlck-b4lg

Old 08-19-2013, 07:34 PM   #25311
The older the bear, the sweeter the juice
DangerTaco is just really niceDangerTaco is just really niceDangerTaco is just really niceDangerTaco is just really niceDangerTaco is just really nice
Name: Max
DangerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Went from a clear 108f scorching day to a 100f thunder storm.
Awesome awesome.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:32 PM   #25312
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerTaco View Post
Went from a clear 108f scorching day to a 100f thunder storm.
Awesome awesome.
Today? I"m not much further north from you and it was 80ish and clear here. Where were you at?
Old 08-19-2013, 08:51 PM   #25313
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeRunner View Post
Today? I"m not much further north from you and it was 80ish and clear here. Where were you at?
Check the WX. There's stuff moving through his hood now.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:12 PM   #25314
RustyNuts is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
Name: Rusty
RustyNuts's Tacoma Gallery
Spotted

Black double cab with black wheels and bright red large TRD decals on the side driving in Fairfield today.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:29 PM   #25315
1st gen > 2nd gen
Rucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
saw a flat black double cab in the Clayton shopping center today.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:35 PM   #25316
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
You're still here?
Old 08-19-2013, 09:59 PM   #25317
whiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
whiteboy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAsh View Post
Well Cody, that is not really a truck

What you want to do

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gK3fs1gZ3IU

What you really do

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaIlck-b4lg

Lol close enough to a truck that I figured I'd post it.

Spotted a SWB taco today. Had a color matched ARB bumper and he gave me that Obama not bad meme face as he passed me. I hope I at least smiled at him but for some reason I was mesmerized by that shiny blue bumper.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:59 PM   #25318
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Greg! Answer my PM
Old 08-19-2013, 10:02 PM   #25319
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by babytruck View Post
You're still here?
Yes.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:01 AM   #25320
07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
07trd4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJonAgs32 View Post

Greg! Answer my PM
You got PM. This new Tapatalk Sucks!!!!

Products Discussed in this Thread