Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Skid plate for the gas tank?

Old 02-27-2010, 01:55 AM   #1
martiniT is on a distinguished road
Name: Tom
martiniT's Tacoma Gallery
Skid plate for the gas tank?

Here is my qu . i have a 08 tacoma 4x4 sport . it did not come with a skid plate for the gas tank. does anyone know where i can get one at ? the dealership has no clue on it . and they can not order one for me. i have tried body shops and other place and no luck at all . i even tried junk yards online for the part . nothing at all on it .
any help would be great
T
Old 02-27-2010, 02:00 AM   #2
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.budbuilt.com/new/05+Tacoma.html

note at the bottom of the page the toyota pieces u need to buy to fit it, since urs didnt come w/ a stock gas skid....or buy the pieces listed and get the stock skid from an OR
Old 02-27-2010, 02:09 AM   #3
Oh gravity, thou art a heartless bitch!
AvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
AvsFanTRD's Tacoma Gallery
are you looking for a metal one or the plastic one that comes with the truck?
Old 02-28-2010, 02:30 AM   #4
greetings

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsFanTRD View Post
are you looking for a metal one or the plastic one that comes with the truck?

looking for metal diamon plate would be the best
Old 02-28-2010, 02:33 AM   #5
greetings

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
http://www.budbuilt.com/new/05+Tacoma.html

note at the bottom of the page the toyota pieces u need to buy to fit it, since urs didnt come w/ a stock gas skid....or buy the pieces listed and get the stock skid from an OR

many thanks for the web sight and info
Old 03-18-2010, 07:37 PM   #6
switch is on a distinguished road

switch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by martiniT View Post
Here is my qu . i have a 08 tacoma 4x4 sport . it did not come with a skid plate for the gas tank. does anyone know where i can get one at ? the dealership has no clue on it . and they can not order one for me. i have tried body shops and other place and no luck at all . i even tried junk yards online for the part . nothing at all on it .
any help would be great
T
I have the OEM skid plate that comes with the TRD package. I'd be glad to part with it for half what they cost new (I can get the new part quoted pretty easy). PM me if you are interested.

That said, if you are going off road, I'd say get a steel skid. The plastic one is not bad but you would not want to take a hard hit on it. It will keep you from poking a hole in your tank but it is not steel...
Old 03-18-2010, 07:43 PM   #7
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
^^ u selling the hardware and straps for it too?
Old 03-19-2010, 01:47 AM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by switch View Post
I have the OEM skid plate that comes with the TRD package. I'd be glad to part with it for half what they cost new (I can get the new part quoted pretty easy). PM me if you are interested.

That said, if you are going off road, I'd say get a steel skid. The plastic one is not bad but you would not want to take a hard hit on it. It will keep you from poking a hole in your tank but it is not steel...

i would like to buy the steel one , but i dont have the cash for it ....
Old 03-19-2010, 01:48 AM   #9
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Budbuilt makes solid trail gear! Chris4x4 made his own and its solid as hell!