Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

New Place

Old 06-25-2010, 08:13 PM   #1
TravelingTaco is on a distinguished road
Navy: Lieutenant
Name: Brandon
TravelingTaco's Tacoma Gallery
New Place

So I have finally made it out to Monterey, CA. For those who don't know, I recently moved from Maryland to Cali. It was one hell of a trip. 3000 miles towing everything that I owned (honestly not a whole lot of shit). I have spent the last week spending way too much money setting up my apartment, only have a couch left to get. (yes, some would think that's the most important part...but I feel the bedrooms and entertainment set was more. Couch should be in by wednesday!!)

Now that I'm in Cali, I'm trying to find out what there is to do in my new area. Going out, trails, working out, entertainment of any type...!!!! I'm out here to get my masters so hopefully there will be time for shenanigans!

I'd love to meet any fellow tacomaworld members. Perhaps I'll have a BBQ in the near future for any members in the area!

Loving the west coast so far!
Brandon
Old 06-25-2010, 08:40 PM   #2
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LT, USN
Name: Mark
solus's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet I'm at Nps also... I'm sure you'll see my truck around
Old 06-25-2010, 08:51 PM   #3
Definitely, what are you studying?
Old 06-25-2010, 09:23 PM   #4
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

solus's Tacoma Gallery
I'm 815, Acquisition and Contracting at the Business School, going on my 5th quarter. I only have 2 left but I'll be around for another quarter due a GSA that starts in April.

What about you?

There are a few locals here in Monterey County

Senor_Taco
Dave831
John32
Scully

then there are a lot more up in San Jose and the rest of the bay area... we usually get together every other month for events.

We are lucky because we have Hollister off-road park about 20-30 minutes away in Hollister.

As for Monterey there is a ton of outdoor stuff to do... typical fare.
Old 06-27-2010, 05:54 PM   #5
05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ken
05sctaco's Tacoma Gallery
We need something more fun then Hollister, i'm tired of scratching up my truck. I've pretty much have a scratch on every surface. Roof, both sides, tailgate, bottom. Pismo is way more entertaining, a bit farther but vast open areas, and the only thing you need to worry about is getting stuck, or sliding off a dune face. <------ That happened to me once, luckly it was a tiny one, and I didn't roll the truck.
Old 06-28-2010, 01:39 PM   #6
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome!

I think Mr. Marv is from Monterrey area? I can be wrong
Old 06-29-2010, 09:53 PM   #8
Motivator
YayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Police Caller
YayAreaTaco0311's Tacoma Gallery
Oh my, another LT... lol

Welcome to the Bay Area sir.

I'll be sure to make it out to the BBQ and Hollister with you guys next time.

See you around.

-LCpl Yayareataco0311
Old 06-29-2010, 10:04 PM   #9
like a boss
middiedefense is one of the sharper tools in the shedmiddiedefense is one of the sharper tools in the shedmiddiedefense is one of the sharper tools in the shedmiddiedefense is one of the sharper tools in the shedmiddiedefense is one of the sharper tools in the shedmiddiedefense is one of the sharper tools in the shedmiddiedefense is one of the sharper tools in the shedmiddiedefense is one of the sharper tools in the shedmiddiedefense is one of the sharper tools in the shedmiddiedefense is one of the sharper tools in the shedmiddiedefense is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Security
Name: Joe
middiedefense's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to middiedefense
Whoa I'm originally from MD as well and just moved to Cali last week from GA. I'm down at Edwards though. Anyway have fun out here I guess
Old 06-30-2010, 12:12 AM   #10
HOME!!!

solus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YayAreaTaco0311 View Post
Oh my, another LT... lol

Welcome to the Bay Area sir.

I'll be sure to make it out to the BBQ and Hollister with you guys next time.

See you around.

-LCpl Yayareataco0311
yeah theres a lot of us out here LCpl
Old 06-30-2010, 08:58 AM   #11
Motivator
YayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Police Caller
YayAreaTaco0311's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by solus694 View Post
yeah theres a lot of us out here LCpl
Yes sir, I need to work on my parade rest stance. Always having a hard time keeping the legs 12 inches apart LOL!

I missed out on wheeling with you guys, I had annual training in Estonia for 3 weeks.
Old 07-01-2010, 01:43 PM   #12
So I'm looking to buy a couple used beach cruisers in the Monterey Bay area...if any of yall see a couple, give me a heads up!
Old 07-01-2010, 11:34 PM   #13
So what is going on for the 4th in the area? My sister and brother in law are flying in and I'm looking to show them a good time, in a city that I don't really know yet. I'd appreciate any suggestions you have...what I'm looking for...
Fireworks
Parades
Bands, entertainment of any type!

If anyone knows/has something going on I would love to know about it!!

Thanks again,

Loving the community,
Brandon
Old 07-01-2010, 11:35 PM   #14
If there's enough interest, I could do a BBQ at my place. I'm more than willing to open up the place to fellow taco owners! Once again, looking for 4th of july activities!!!

edit: I'll buy all the meat and main course stuff...just need some appetizers and maybe a couple drinks!!
Old 07-03-2010, 02:46 AM   #15
HOME!!!

solus's Tacoma Gallery
I'm probably going either to the Gilroy fireworks display or the Hollister one...since Monterey is anti-american and cancelled theirs

theirs also the parade in seaside down fremont