Tacoma World Forums

Tacoma World Forums (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/)
-   Northern California (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/northern-california/)
-   -   Ukiah California (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/northern-california/267249-ukiah-california.html)

emeraldtriangle 03-08-2013 03:29 PM

Ukiah California

I did do a thread search but didn't find much..

Just wondering if anyone else was on the site lived here too!!

Im SURE that there are a good sized group of you on here...With all the yotas here there has to be...

emeraldtriangle 03-08-2013 04:21 PM

If I have been spotted in the wild...Im sure the first thing you made fun of was my exhaust pipe ^_^ But whatever..I made it myself, and Im pretty proud :p

DangerTaco 03-08-2013 05:59 PM

A friend of mine lives up there and hes been wanting to go wheelin at Cow Mountain or whatever its called. I would but that drive lol.

707tothe907 03-08-2013 06:02 PM

I live in Petaluma but try to party and wheel at Pillsbury as much as possible.

emeraldtriangle 03-08-2013 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DangerTaco (Post 6559364)
A friend of mine lives up there and hes been wanting to go wheelin at Cow Mountain or whatever its called. I would but that drive lol.

You'll have to make the trip sometime!
I have not taken my truck up there yet..but Ive done alot of riding up there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 707tothe907 (Post 6559379)
I live in Petaluma but try to party and wheel at Pillsbury as much as possible.

Thats cool!
Ive been wanting to go up there with my friend for snow- but its melted off. Do you like it up there in the summer?? Ive never really been up there much. Only for snow in the winter.

If you go up that way, but go thru lake county instead thats where I go riding a lot too.
I like that whole area.

707tothe907 03-08-2013 06:31 PM

I went up Hull mountain 2 weekends ago and turned around because of the snow about halfway up. Summer is the best time up there for the boating/party scene,,, although I like going up this time of year more because it's a bit more desolate. My buddy has a cabin on Clear Lake so I've been all around that area - but prefer Pillsbury.

DangerTaco 03-08-2013 06:33 PM

Youre right i will haha.
Prob gotta wait till none of us are working weekends.

And riding as in horseback or dirtbike?

Oh yeah and welcome to the site

emeraldtriangle 03-08-2013 06:35 PM

Psh horses yea right haha.

I have a 1977 Yamaha enduro, and a quad. And thank you for the welcome :)

DangerTaco 03-08-2013 07:04 PM

Jealous.
Havent been on a quad in years, so much fun.
And nice. I love enduro bikes, i want one as a toy

emeraldtriangle 03-08-2013 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DangerTaco (Post 6559719)
Jealous.
Havent been on a quad in years, so much fun.
And nice. I love enduro bikes, i want one as a toy

Its just for fun..its not licensed or anything. If I were better at riding it I would but I just havent had the time or money.
I used to live in Nevada where I could just ride out from my house for days. No one would bother me either if I rode in the street a bit just to get there. Haven't rode here as much..Its more of a hassle because no matter what you have to load everything up just to GO somewhere.
I think thats the only thing I miss about NV..

quattrokiwi 03-08-2013 08:11 PM

Lake county, I can hit cow anytime, but then again I don't care about scratches

DangerTaco 03-09-2013 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emeraldtriangle (Post 6560063)
Its just for fun..its not licensed or anything. If I were better at riding it I would but I just havent had the time or money.
I used to live in Nevada where I could just ride out from my house for days. No one would bother me either if I rode in the street a bit just to get there. Haven't rode here as much..Its more of a hassle because no matter what you have to load everything up just to GO somewhere.
I think thats the only thing I miss about NV..

Haba i know how that is, for me i gotta do that and then take an hours drive just to get anywhere to go into the dirt. Living in the cities has its ups and downs.
And since youve got a bed just go camping every once in awhile.

acdronin 03-09-2013 11:43 AM

Welcome to TW, don't think there's many TW folks up that far north but you are certainly welcome as part of the NorCal crew:)

License2Ill 03-16-2013 08:36 PM

Most tacos around here have ttora stickers.

I'm in Ukiah, hopefully temporarily. Just moved out of my place in RV. Trying to find a place in Potter... But it ain't easy.

Just got back from Pillsbury tonite. Crossed the eel down stream from trout creek and took the pg&e fire trail up to the dam. I'll probably use that road more often... No traffic(private property) and way more fun. :D
Tried to do Hull several weeks ago but like 707tothe907 said it's snowed out, about 3 or 4 miles from the summit...
Cow is fun, but I like Pillsbury more. Hopefully my paint doesn't mind.:o

Went to Usal and camped the night about a month ago, disapointed the gates after the beach were closed, end of April they open gates at the four corners.
Kinda disappointed all the locked gates I've run into while exploring around here.:mad:

emeraldtriangle 03-17-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by License2Ill (Post 6600174)
Most tacos around here have ttora stickers.

I'm in Ukiah, hopefully temporarily. Just moved out of my place in RV. Trying to find a place in Potter... But it ain't easy.

Just got back from Pillsbury tonite. Crossed the eel down stream from trout creek and took the pg&e fire trail up to the dam. I'll probably use that road more often... No traffic(private property) and way more fun. :D
Tried to do Hull several weeks ago but like 707tothe907 said it's snowed out, about 3 or 4 miles from the summit...
Cow is fun, but I like Pillsbury more. Hopefully my paint doesn't mind.:o

Went to Usal and camped the night about a month ago, disapointed the gates after the beach were closed, end of April they open gates at the four corners.
Kinda disappointed all the locked gates I've run into while exploring around here.:mad:

I like the whole pottervalley/pillsbury area. I know where youre talking about :p I want to find cool camping spots so i can do some camping this summer...any ideas?
Also...all the locked gates suck. I live in redwood valley and there was access to the russian river right by my house and the locked it up because other people ruined it. It was a fun little trail/area. They go down and dump all their trash and huge piles of junked shingles. It just sucks that idiots ruin it for everyone else.
Im not trying to be creepy but how old are you? Are you from here?:)

Super Black Taco 03-18-2013 05:59 PM

I live in redwood valley

4RunnerSeth 03-18-2013 06:02 PM

I have a bunch of family over the hill in Elk.

License2Ill 03-18-2013 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emeraldtriangle (Post 6602313)
I like the whole pottervalley/pillsbury area. I know where youre talking about :p I want to find cool camping spots so i can do some camping this summer...any ideas?
Also...all the locked gates suck. I live in redwood valley and there was access to the russian river right by my house and the locked it up because other people ruined it. It was a fun little trail/area. They go down and dump all their trash and huge piles of junked shingles. It just sucks that idiots ruin it for everyone else.
Im not trying to be creepy but how old are you? Are you from here?:)

Yep, along the eel is where I like to go.
The free camp ground at pillsbury near the dam is a good camping spot. Just have someone reserve a spot before noon on friday. Trout creek is cool if you don't mind the derpity-derp bro's that'll keep you up all nite with their cock measuring… Usal is my favorite camping spot. But it's a bit of a drive…
Definitely creepy. Tryin to swoop up on my SS money?:anon::rasta:

707tothe907 03-18-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by License2Ill (Post 6609689)
Yep, along the eel is where I like to go.
The free camp ground at pillsbury near the dam is a good camping spot. Just have someone reserve a spot before noon on friday. Trout creek is cool if you don't mind the derpity-derp bro's that'll keep you up all nite with their cock measuring… Usal is my favorite camping spot. But it's a bit of a drive…
Definitely creepy. Tryin to swoop up on my SS money?:anon::rasta:

Those bros is what makes Pillsbury fun. Someone managed to drive their truck into the lake at about midnight a few weekends ago :laughing:

Raceline08 03-18-2013 10:06 PM

^nice did they make it out? I've also seen those type of people up there also.

Brett