Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Southern California's Cleghorn Trail

Old 06-09-2008, 09:48 PM   #1
Wish i was wheelin
TengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
TengoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Southern California's Cleghorn Trail

Hi all! I wanted to share a few pics with everyone from my Sunday off-roading day. I am fairly new to off roading and considered parts to be well out of my comfort zone. I had a blast and hope you all enjoy the pics!

The trail starts at at Silverwood Lake. It starts climbing immediately.

The large ruts require the diff to be locked.

The trail ends at Interstate 15.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:51 PM   #2
"Living life in the FAST lane..."
05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 05PreRunner
Good pictures! Looks like fun! Now i want to go off-roading...
Old 06-09-2008, 10:33 PM   #3
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Definately look like fun cant wait for my trip.
Old 06-10-2008, 01:56 PM   #4
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Great shots. Wish I had something like that close to me.
Old 06-10-2008, 03:18 PM   #5
Wish i was wheelin
TengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalman22 View Post
Definately look like fun cant wait for my trip.
What do you have planned?
Old 06-10-2008, 10:09 PM   #6
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Heres some more info if any of you are interested
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=252251
Old 06-10-2008, 10:16 PM   #7
Route66Taco will become famous soon enoughRoute66Taco will become famous soon enough

Route66Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TengoTaco View Post
Hi all! I wanted to share a few pics with everyone from my Sunday off-roading day. I am fairly new to off roading and considered parts to be well out of my comfort zone. I had a blast and hope you all enjoy the pics
The trail starts at at Silverwood Lake. It starts climbing immediately.
The large ruts require the diff to be locked.
The trail ends at Interstate 15.

Awesome! I think you're close to me. What city you live in?
Old 06-11-2008, 07:29 AM   #8
Wish i was wheelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route66Taco View Post
Awesome! I think you're close to me. What city you live in?
Fairly close... Vista, CA north county San Diego. Do you know of any good trails? I liked that area.
Old 06-15-2008, 03:20 PM   #9
Eat My Dirt
Siafu is a jewel in the roughSiafu is a jewel in the roughSiafu is a jewel in the rough

Siafu's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Im out in Indio. Where are some good trails? I wanna go...

looks like you had alotta fun.
Old 06-15-2008, 07:10 PM   #10
Wish i was wheelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haugen483 View Post
Hey Im out in Indio. Where are some good trails? I wanna go...

looks like you had alotta fun.

You have a lot of great trails by you. I grew up in Palm Desert. You need to do the trial that goes up to Bear. Starts in Pioneer Town and goes all the way to Big Bear Lake. As you know you can always go right off Dillon Rd (north of I-10) Fun hills to climb in that area and neat trails.
Old 06-15-2009, 12:23 PM   #11
matthew5olson is a jewel in the roughmatthew5olson is a jewel in the roughmatthew5olson is a jewel in the rough

Name: matthew
matthew5olson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy4Life View Post
Great shots. Wish I had something like that close to me.
There's a huge sinkhole in beaver county thats similar
Old 06-15-2009, 01:06 PM   #12
Banned
ruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ruler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TengoTaco View Post
You have a lot of great trails by you. I grew up in Palm Desert. You need to do the trial that goes up to Bear. Starts in Pioneer Town and goes all the way to Big Bear Lake. As you know you can always go right off Dillon Rd (north of I-10) Fun hills to climb in that area and neat trails.
THe trail from Pioneertown to Big Bear is one of my favorites, especially when there snow ! That should be one of the next group runs, some parts you may need 4wd or at least a locker

If your coming from Pioneertown going to Big Bear I believe you take Rim Rock Rd to 3n03, if your coming from Big Bear and going to Pioneertown you take HWY 18 to Cactus Flats and then 3n03

not such a great picture but this is the road you take if your coming from Big Bear

Old 06-15-2009, 08:45 PM   #14
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew5olson View Post
There's a huge sinkhole in beaver county thats similar
Care to elaborate?
Old 06-15-2009, 09:05 PM   #15
matthew5olson is a jewel in the roughmatthew5olson is a jewel in the roughmatthew5olson is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Care to elaborate?
Just off of route 65 in rochester there is a sinkhole almost 40 feet in diameter. They had to tear down the building that was on top of it. It seems like its alwas getting bigger to. WDVE (102.5 I don't know if you get them up there) actually made a comment about it too.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:34 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew5olson View Post
Just off of route 65 in rochester there is a sinkhole almost 40 feet in diameter. They had to tear down the building that was on top of it. It seems like its alwas getting bigger to. WDVE (102.5 I don't know if you get them up there) actually made a comment about it too.
Wow, I never heard of it. I used to deliver Pepsi to the Giant Eagle and the the Shop'n'Save in Rochester. I do get WDVE up here.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:02 PM   #17

Quote:
Wow, I never heard of it. I used to deliver Pepsi to the Giant Eagle and the the Shop'n'Save in Rochester. I do get WDVE up here.
It's by the shop'n'save plaza next to the pizza hut. in between pizza hut and getgo.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:08 PM   #18
taco06 will become famous soon enough
Name: Alejandro V
taco06's Tacoma Gallery
Is your truck 4x4?
Old 06-15-2009, 10:43 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco06 View Post
Is your truck 4x4?
mine? yes i was joking about actually driving in the sink hole though