Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Positive "Negative press"

Old 06-13-2008, 06:35 AM   #1
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Positive "Negative press"

A news story from up here that paints wheelers in a good light, responsible wheelers are fed up with the irresponsible lack of regard for the environment "mudders".

I like how one "mudder" is spending 22 months in prison

Here is the story

Please when wheeling use your head and think about what you are doing and how it will affect not only the environment but the image of wheelers and our ability to keep a good relationship with the DNR and keep our trails open.

Please take 30 minutes of your time and complete the Tread Lightly online Awareness course.

If anyone has any questions about Tread Lightly feel free to PM me.

Respectfully
Banshee, TW Mod, Tread Lightly Tread Trainer, Wheeler.
Old 06-13-2008, 06:55 AM   #2
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
I agree, tread lightly.

Few weeks ago some kid in my area got caught trying to going "mudding" on the side of the road near my house. I'll never forget it. The cops caught them and the truck was still in the ditch when I drove passed. Their was 3 or 4 cops on the side of the road and the kids where standing their with big "oh shit" looks on their faces.
Old 06-13-2008, 07:15 AM   #3
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Nice article and it's absolutely true!!

The responsible offroad community has gotta protect itself from land closures and irresponsibility. Not only does that include ON the trails but OFF the trails also.

We/Us (responsible hobbyists) have gotta represent ourselves on the forums also. These are public forums - and although we tend to believe only the small community of people here see the threads - there's probably a lot more lurkers than you think. Discussing (even jokingly) about irresponsibile acts can help promote irresponsibility and can give the forum (and its lurkers) the appearance that the forum itself promotes the activity.

And we all know...this forum ... does not promote irresponsible automotive hobbying.
Old 06-13-2008, 08:07 AM   #4
Stealer of Souls
Charli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chuck?
Charli's Tacoma Gallery
Good article and great organization. Thanks Banshee--I took the course and even passed!
Old 09-14-2008, 10:16 AM   #6
SteveS is on a distinguished road
SteveS's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for posting the story and link.

Good to hear people are getting involved. I've never seen anyone doing something like that, but have seen the tire tracks. The bad part about 'tracks' is, other's who don't know will see the tracks and think it's OK.

I'm going to share that with others.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:16 PM   #7
Adrenaline Addict
Mx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mx SuperFly 25's Tacoma Gallery
One thing I've seen a lot of and I think is great, when you see a truck full of mud, but the license plate is cleaned off. It shows a lot more than just your tag.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:20 PM   #8
-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
-TRDMAN-'s Tacoma Gallery
glad i live out in the sticks.....
Old 10-23-2009, 05:47 AM   #9
Wandering But Not Lost
Rattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to behold

Rattler's Tacoma Gallery
Great article. Thanks!
Old 10-23-2009, 06:13 AM   #10
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Good article and thanks for the info. I plan on taking the course over lunch today.
Old 10-23-2009, 08:56 AM   #11
wolf13 is on a distinguished road
wolf13's Tacoma Gallery
good article, I'd like to add, farmers fields and grass waterways are NOT appropriate mudding sites and can cause thousands in damage. If your caught, expect charges.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:16 AM   #12
Wandering But Not Lost
Rattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to behold

Rattler's Tacoma Gallery
I would have no problems with them impounding vehicles. Then maybe a referal to UFWDA, Tread Lightly and/or a local 4x4 club. Not to mention some community service.
Old 12-23-2009, 09:40 PM   #14
ThunderbirdJunkie is on a distinguished road
Name: Eric
ThunderbirdJunkie's Tacoma Gallery
Chiken...with your blessing, I'd like to copy this over on a couple Jeep boards.

Great post
Old 01-06-2010, 05:25 PM   #15
Master of no Wrench
Tevatoe is on a distinguished road

Name: Randy
Tevatoe's Tacoma Gallery
I agree it's situations like the one in your article that are closing the roads and trails on the "good guys". Here in Nothern Ca. the trails and even logging access roads are being blocked and gated all over! Hell, as a kid I use to go all over with my GrandPa in the mountains, now you can hardly find a turn out without a gate on it. Basically its says that we are unable to manage ourselves so Big Brother needs to do it. Personaly I think its played up to the envoronmentalists advantage, but there definately is an underlying problem there. So keep those cell phones ready! The reception may be out in the woods, but the camera works just fine....
Old 07-17-2010, 06:25 PM   #17
GhostDoc has a spectacular aura aboutGhostDoc has a spectacular aura aboutGhostDoc has a spectacular aura about
Navy: Combat Corpsman, 2nd Battalion, 7th Marine Regiment, Weapons Company
Name: John
GhostDoc's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you for posting this up. I'm relatively new to off-roading, so I didn't know it was such a problem. But now I do, get the word out there!
Old 08-20-2010, 11:42 AM   #18
Photaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Mike
Photaco's Tacoma Gallery
Great article

This is whats happening in Wharton State Forest in NJ.

A few people making everyone else look bad.

Local News segment http://www.njn.net/television/webcas...wednesday.html

Fast forward to 16:30
Old 08-20-2010, 05:53 PM   #19
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
I feel your pain. I'm a Tread lightly Tread Trainer.

I'm active with NWToys.com and we have ZERO tolerance for actions that violate the Tread Lightly ethic.

A very popular area up here has been closed down for a while, largley in part to the mindless actions of those that choose not to wheel responsibly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Photaco View Post
Great article

This is whats happening in Wharton State Forest in NJ.

A few people making everyone else look bad.

Local News segment http://www.njn.net/television/webcas...wednesday.html

Fast forward to 16:30
Old 08-24-2010, 05:30 AM   #20
Photaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Mike
Photaco's Tacoma Gallery
Illegal 4 Wheeling in Wharton Sate Forest

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/lo...Pinelands.html