Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

High Lift & Accessories: Am I Missing Anything?

Old 07-15-2010, 01:08 PM   #1
High Speed, Low Drag
solidcopy is a splendid one to beholdsolidcopy is a splendid one to beholdsolidcopy is a splendid one to beholdsolidcopy is a splendid one to beholdsolidcopy is a splendid one to beholdsolidcopy is a splendid one to beholdsolidcopy is a splendid one to behold
solidcopy's Tacoma Gallery
High Lift & Accessories: Am I Missing Anything?

The following items are in my Amazon cart (love that free 2-day shipping through prime - I can't imagine how much this stuff would cost to ship via 2 day air otherwise!!):

Hi-Lift Jack 4X400 4XRAC Jack Mounting System - Hi-Lift Jack
*Ditching the multi-tool after reading reviews*
Hi-Lift Jack ORK Off-Road Kit - Hi-Lift Jack
Hi-Lift Jack LM-100 Lift-Mate - Hi-Lift Jack
Hi-Lift Jack XT485 48" Hi-Lift X-TREME Jack - Hi-Lift Jack

Do I need all this? Am I forgetting anything? I am outfitting my truck for basic self-recovery off-road until I get a winch. I Plan on getting some sliders welded on ASAP as well.
Old 07-15-2010, 04:15 PM   #2
night_angel has a brilliant futurenight_angel has a brilliant futurenight_angel has a brilliant futurenight_angel has a brilliant futurenight_angel has a brilliant futurenight_angel has a brilliant futurenight_angel has a brilliant futurenight_angel has a brilliant futurenight_angel has a brilliant futurenight_angel has a brilliant futurenight_angel has a brilliant future

Name: Thomas
night_angel's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to night_angel
yes!!!! the Hi-Lift JackMate® Lift Jack Accessory =D
Old 07-15-2010, 06:27 PM   #4
High Speed, Low Drag
solidcopy is a splendid one to beholdsolidcopy is a splendid one to beholdsolidcopy is a splendid one to beholdsolidcopy is a splendid one to beholdsolidcopy is a splendid one to beholdsolidcopy is a splendid one to beholdsolidcopy is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by barlowrs View Post
hi-lift base?
Yeah, I had that, for some reason it didn't survive the cut & paste.
Old 07-15-2010, 06:27 PM   #5
High Speed, Low Drag
Quote:
Originally Posted by night_angel View Post
yes!!!! the Hi-Lift JackMate® Lift Jack Accessory =D
Added, thanks.
Old 07-15-2010, 06:41 PM   #6
kinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GM1(sw/exw), USS Tortuga 01-04, NSWDG 04-09.
Name: Josh
kinetik873's Tacoma Gallery
whats all that running you?
Old 07-15-2010, 07:15 PM   #7
High Speed, Low Drag
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinetik873 View Post
whats all that running you?
JackMate® Lift Jack Accessory: Black Silver Vein - Rescue 42, Inc.
Hi-Lift Jack 4X400 4XRAC Jack Mounting System - Hi-Lift Jack
Hi-Lift Jack ORK Off-Road Kit - Hi-Lift Jack
Hi-Lift Jack LM-100 Lift-Mate - Hi-Lift Jack
Hi-Lift Jack XT485 48" Hi-Lift X-TREME Jack - Hi-Lift Jack
Hi-Lift Jack HK-B Black Handle-Keeper - Hi-Lift Jack
Hi-Lift Jack ORB Off-Road Base - Hi-Lift Jack
subtotal = $308.39

Free 2 day air shipping
Old 07-15-2010, 08:18 PM   #8
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good to me. You'll want a length of chain if you plan on "winching" with it.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:38 PM   #9
06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kenney
06rubi's Tacoma Gallery
Hi-lifts are over rated. A come-a-long and a bottle jack are easier/safer to use, weigh less, take up less space and are cheaper. Other than looking cool mounted on your truck it would be good for is using the jack-mate to lift a tire to stack rocks under if you're high centered. But if you're wheeling that hard you would be way better off spending your $300 on protection first.
To answer your question also consider an adapter for your sliders also.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:54 PM   #10
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06rubi View Post
Hi-lifts are over rated. A come-a-long and a bottle jack are easier/safer to use, weigh less, take up less space and are cheaper. Other than looking cool mounted on your truck it would be good for is using the jack-mate to lift a tire to stack rocks under if you're high centered. But if you're wheeling that hard you would be way better off spending your $300 on protection first.
Bottle jack on trails? Meh.

I do agree with the comealong being way easier/safer than the highlift.
Old 07-15-2010, 11:51 PM   #11
06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kenney
06rubi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvdeserted View Post
Bottle jack on trails? Meh.

I do agree with the comealong being way easier/safer than the highlift.
For changing/repairing tires or having to fix a broken axle/CV shaft, give me a bottle jack under the axle or subframe. Much safer to lift a truck a couple inches with a bottle jack than to have to lift the truck up a foot or more at the bumper or slider putting the bumper or slider 3+ feet up. When you lift from a slider or bumper the weight of the truck will transfer to opposite side first. Then the suspension will articulate until the side you are lifting gets to full droop. And if you ain't running a swaybar that could be pretty far! With a bottle jack under the axle or lower A-arm all it takes is a few pumps.
Old 07-16-2010, 07:24 AM   #12
High Speed, Low Drag
Quote:
An adapter?
Old 07-16-2010, 03:14 PM   #14
High Speed, Low Drag

That looks useful.
Old 07-16-2010, 05:09 PM   #15

Quote:
For changing/repairing tires or having to fix a broken axle/CV shaft, give me a bottle jack under the axle or subframe. Much safer to lift a truck a couple inches with a bottle jack than to have to lift the truck up a foot or more at the bumper or slider putting the bumper or slider 3+ feet up. When you lift from a slider or bumper the weight of the truck will transfer to opposite side first. Then the suspension will articulate until the side you are lifting gets to full droop. And if you ain't running a swaybar that could be pretty far! With a bottle jack under the axle or lower A-arm all it takes is a few pumps.
Ok I see your point about making repairs... I was just thinking about getting unstuck and/or over.
Old 07-16-2010, 06:25 PM   #16
High Speed, Low Drag
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmer View Post
missed the off road base and should of got the 60"
Haven't ordered yet. I did add the base. Will the 60" fit in the short bed?