Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Baja Beach 4WD: 32 psi to 15 psi, see the difference!

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-14-2010, 03:47 PM   #21
moderately modded
drifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant future

Name: Sam
drifter's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet, he can wheel in the comfort of his own "home".
Old 10-14-2010, 05:18 PM   #22
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by drifter View Post
wow, did he convert it to 4x4, or do those come like that?

I used to think low profile truck tires looked cool, but, for any off roading, they're pointless. must be fun to pull those guys out.
Quote:
Sweet, he can wheel in the comfort of his own "home".
Not only that!!! He has the security of having the workshop in the back too!!!
Old 10-14-2010, 09:01 PM   #23
moderately modded
drifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant future

drifter's Tacoma Gallery
The workshop is a plus.
Old 10-16-2010, 09:52 PM   #24
BGrutter is a name known to allBGrutter is a name known to allBGrutter is a name known to allBGrutter is a name known to allBGrutter is a name known to allBGrutter is a name known to all
Name: Baron
BGrutter's Tacoma Gallery
I love that RV. I saw this episode of Xtreme 4x4 on Spike today. It was pretty cool. Sorta like having a Dingy for off-roading. You'll probably have to watch the middle of the episode to know what I mean
Old 10-19-2010, 07:03 AM   #25
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Saw it... quite a pair of rigs... What fun those guys must have, and get paid for it, too!
Old 11-07-2010, 01:08 PM   #26
Banned
Isthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Isthatahemi's Tacoma Gallery
Cool Thread.....
FWIW - My experience has been that 15 psi helps, 10 psi is twice the improvement. Where the truck would be stuck at 30 psi in 4L, at 10 psi I can drive in 2H.
I disagree with the comment on BFG sidewalls not being stout, but that's because I've put a few pairs of them through hell, and never had a flat.
Old 11-10-2010, 10:10 AM   #27
moderately modded

drifter's Tacoma Gallery
The other day I drove my prerunner across some sandy spots running 30-40 psi, never got stuck. If I had aired down, I could have done better, but I'm lazy. My friend put it in 4 hi a time or two, and was all like 'how'd you get through without 4wd?' That was a fun night
Old 11-13-2010, 07:19 AM   #28
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isthatahemi View Post
Cool Thread.....
FWIW - My experience has been that 15 psi helps, 10 psi is twice the improvement. Where the truck would be stuck at 30 psi in 4L, at 10 psi I can drive in 2H.
I disagree with the comment on BFG sidewalls not being stout, but that's because I've put a few pairs of them through hell, and never had a flat.
It could be like a Jeep thing... some BFGs are great and then the owners swear by them, and other BFGs have sidewall failures... and for no good reason.

I have driven them in deep sand (All Terrain T/As) and they don't do as well as other tires... because of the stiff sidewall most likely. My Cooper STTs were also terrible in the sand, and they were 3 ply sidewalls.
Old 11-18-2010, 06:59 PM   #29
Resident T100 guy
97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Melt
97T's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 97T
when my buddy and i hit pismo a couple years back, he had an old early 90s dodge dakota 2wd ... we aired the tires down to 10 and suprisingly never got stuck ... tire pressure is key!
Old 11-18-2010, 07:03 PM   #30

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97T View Post
when my buddy and i hit pismo a couple years back, he had an old early 90s dodge dakota 2wd ... we aired the tires down to 10 and suprisingly never got stuck ... tire pressure is key!
That's the ticket!
Old 11-18-2010, 07:32 PM   #31
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
I usually go 15-20 PSI all around. It does wonders, just make sure you have a good air compressor...and I'm talking about one the runs directly to the battery, not to the cig outlet...
Old 11-18-2010, 08:03 PM   #32
moderately modded

drifter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
I usually go 15-20 PSI all around. It does wonders, just make sure you have a good air compressor...and I'm talking about one the runs directly to the battery, not to the cig outlet...
I need a compressor
Old 11-18-2010, 08:05 PM   #33
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I need a compressor
Mine just took a shit on me...so I'm going to take it apart and see if any of the wires need to be re-soldered...Probably will end up picking up a new one though at some point.
Old 11-18-2010, 08:29 PM   #34
moderately modded

drifter's Tacoma Gallery
how much are they?
Old 11-18-2010, 08:34 PM   #35
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Price varies depending on brand and other factors...for example, the one my cousin has, I believe he bought for $250-300 new. But he's filling 35's up and it does them uber quick.
Old 11-18-2010, 09:05 PM   #36
moderately modded

drifter's Tacoma Gallery
All right. I'll have to see if I can get one for a little bit cheaper.
Old 11-18-2010, 09:07 PM   #37
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Oh yeah, you definitely can..idk how much mine cost originally, my cousin gave ti to me when he got his new one at the beginning of the year.
Old 11-18-2010, 10:08 PM   #39
Resident T100 guy
97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Melt
97T's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 97T
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
Oh yeah, you definitely can..idk how much mine cost originally, my cousin gave ti to me when he got his new one at the beginning of the year.
i used to have a ranger ... your cousin is "theoutdoorsman" on r/f right? love his rig!
Old 11-18-2010, 10:15 PM   #40
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97T View Post
i used to have a ranger ... your cousin is "theoutdoorsman" on r/f right? love his rig!
Yep! That's him. i'm on R/F every now and again. His rear axle swap was just completed tonight btw. Dunno if you've been following his build or not. We went down to the shop to pick it up tonight. He's in love with the new rear axle. He's thinking of doing hydro-assist next for the steering components.

Products Discussed in this Thread