Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Baja Beach 4WD: 32 psi to 15 psi, see the difference!

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-07-2013, 07:13 AM   #161
Resident T100 guy
97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Melt
97T's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 97T
heres my pics from 2 summers ago if you wanna check it out, as yall can see i just drove the truck to the campsite and cruised around on the atv all weekend

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tra...end-pismo.html
Old 06-07-2013, 03:14 PM   #162
Captain
Juggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Juggernaut's Tacoma Gallery
Nice photos. Going to Pismo with the wifey for the anniversary, just want to drive on the beach since I'm there and in California it's a unique experience. Prob stay in the compact sand near the surf, eat a sandwich at a beach in the bed of the truck, and turn around. I've been told we are not allowed to get stuck haha.

Also do you think I should keep it in auto LSD? Or just turn trac controll off all together.
Old 06-09-2013, 04:53 AM   #163
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Auto LSD will put power to the traction tire if the other tire spins to a point where they both spin the same... Otherwise, if you shut off the VSC, you loose TRAC and AUTO LSD which means if one tire begins to slip, you are toast, as the other one will do nothing.

The real magic is if you drop your air pressure (all 4 tires) and you may have a fun time!
Old 06-10-2013, 04:22 PM   #164
Well, let's play chess.
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Just back from a mix of dirt, sand, and rock in Utah with a new set of Load C DuraTracs. 20 psi was a good, general purpose pressure. I could've gone lower, but there was no need. Traction wasn't an issue, and the lower pressure took the edge off of washboard roads.

I bought a compressor so I wasn't concerned about limping to an air point, but based on how my truck felt aired down, I wouldn't drive more than 40 mph on the road, and not for long distances.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:52 PM   #165
Captain
Juggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Juggernaut's Tacoma Gallery
Final verdict, leave auto LSD on or off?
Old 06-12-2013, 01:08 AM   #166
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Off unless you lose traction in the back, and you are a 2WD.

Press the button (for AUTO LSD) and your rear limited slip goes up to the next level of spin control.

If you are a 4WD, then just go to H4 when you loose rear end traction.

Products Discussed in this Thread