Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

First Post, First Time Out... worth a thread

Old 06-20-2008, 08:49 AM   #1
daward is on a distinguished road
daward's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to daward
First Post, First Time Out... worth a thread

Whats up TW? First post after lurking a while, I wanted to share my pictures and first time 4 wheeling experience. There isn't much of the truck since I was taking the pictures.

A couple friends with Suzuki's have been riding me since I got my 99 to go backwoods with them, I finally lost my 4 wheelin' virginity yesterday. The truck did really well, especially since we realized halfway through the trip that my hubs weren't locking... still got through some deep mud holes in the trails. A friend who works for Toyota is thinking it might be the solonoid on the top of the front axle. I didnt' realize the manual hubs had anything electronic, but I'll take a look.

Anyways... Enjoy:

Click For Video 1
Click For Video 2
Old 06-20-2008, 08:53 AM   #2
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW, great intro man, great pictures, great truck!
Old 06-20-2008, 08:58 AM   #3
My other ride has sails
Roland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Combat Arms Instructor, HQ Detachment, RING
Roland's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TacomaWorld!

Quote:
The truck did really well, especially since we realized halfway through the trip that my hubs weren't locking...
Is probably going to spark another 2WD/4WD discussion
Old 06-20-2008, 09:04 AM   #4
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
welcome to the forum!

Cool pics!
Old 06-20-2008, 09:19 AM   #5
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
A wise man once said "Tacos don't get stuck, they just get temporarily delayed".
Old 06-20-2008, 09:28 AM   #6
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Welcome to TW! Great pics!!!
Old 06-20-2008, 03:03 PM   #8
daward's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the kind words. I've already read plenty of arguments on 2wd/4wd...

Being that I don't have the locker that a lot of the 2wd guys do, I think I did really well... no grey wire mod for me I need to get the truck up on a lift to see what's going on under there so I have a lil piece of mind next time out.

Anyone know of good trails in PA-DE area?? I know there's a rediculous amount of Jersey trails, but with gas prices and a bridge toll
Old 06-20-2008, 04:48 PM   #9
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW! Great pics and videos.
http://www.rauschcreekoffroadpark.org/
This park is in your neck of the woods. I've never been there personally, but I'd love to check it out eventually.
Old 06-20-2008, 07:42 PM   #10
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by daward View Post
Anyone know of good trails in PA-DE area?? I know there's a rediculous amount of Jersey trails, but with gas prices and a bridge toll
Like Toy4Life has already posted...

RAUSCH CREEK OFFROAD PARK!!!
Here's tons & tons of pictures....over the past 5 years of wheelin there! Great place!!
http://www.lieblweb.com/cpg/index.php?cat=23

If you're looking for some local guys to go wheelin with...also, check out:
http://www.keystonekrawlers.com/forum/
South, central, eastern PA offroad club for all makes of vehicles.
Old 06-21-2008, 06:20 AM   #11
daward's Tacoma Gallery
Raush Creek looks like it's about an hour and a half from me, definately doable. Now, I just have to get on Keystone to find someone to go with LOL

All my buddies are a half to an hour south of me, in Delaware.

Now my real issue is, that I bought this truck to do light hauling and drive daily (see also: leave alone). That way my other cars can get more 'mod' money thrown at them LOL
Old 06-21-2008, 07:49 AM   #12
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Please tell me that Suzuki isnt latched up to you to help you over those twigs.
Old 06-21-2008, 08:23 AM   #13
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by daward View Post
Raush Creek looks like it's about an hour and a half from me, definately doable. Now, I just have to get on Keystone to find someone to go with LOL
You just missed it - their monthly ride / camp out weekend was today/tomorrow.

They usually have monthly runs every 3rd weekend of the month. They try to alternate Sats & Suns to keep everyone happy (in case people work on Sats).
Old 06-22-2008, 08:48 AM   #14
daward's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
You just missed it - their monthly ride / camp out weekend was today/tomorrow.

They usually have monthly runs every 3rd weekend of the month. They try to alternate Sats & Suns to keep everyone happy (in case people work on Sats).
A buddy is heading up on the 29th with his Jeep buddies, I'm going to try to get out there with them then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Please tell me that Suzuki isnt latched up to you to help you over those twigs.
That would about the time I realized that the 4wd wasn't working, and yes he helped me out a lil bit LOL
Old 06-23-2008, 05:49 AM   #15
daward's Tacoma Gallery
Got one more... My favorite

Allegedly there is video, but they're hiding it from me LOL
Old 07-14-2008, 08:10 PM   #16
ninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Nick
ninja_taco's Tacoma Gallery
im jealous
Old 07-15-2008, 10:49 AM   #17
daward's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, me too... I still haven't fixed my hubs, so no 4 wheelin since... it's left me feeling like half a man