Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

got stuck for 8 hours fml!!!

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 07:08 PM   #1
Taco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Dependent, pops was a Major
Name: Alex
Taco505's Tacoma Gallery
got stuck for 8 hours fml!!!

haha ok so this was my day, woke up decided to go wheelin by myself. got to the Rio Puerco around 10 am. it had been raining all day and night before and was sprinkling a little while i was out there. decided to keep goin anyway. bad bad bad idea haha

i kept fowling some fresh tracks in the damn dirt, then they magically disappeared, so i decided to to keep going made it but a really slick muddy hill, went down the other side then realized that im effed cuz there was nooooo way i was gonna get back up. so i kept goin and long story short i got lost as hell.

finally found snoopy rock then realized i didnt know how to get back cuz i was way to muddy so asked a friend how to get out seemed easy enough. haha well it wasnt the road had a few muddy spots which were fine, then i got to one that was at least 100ft long decided to try and by pass the road by goin just to the left of it. well the whole spot was effin mud i got stuck in it up to my hubs.

i was there for ever tryin to get out, called a few guys from TW thanks whitecloud and tacotron. they were on their way to help but i finally got my self unstuck hell ya 22re is a beat idc what anyone says!!!

but still didnt know how to get back to town so whitecloud came and saved my ass and showed me how to get out.....but i felt like an idot cuz it was the same way i came in well kinda, but it dried up alot which made it much easier to get back out haha. so anyway just wanted to say thanks to TW for havin some awesome guys on here and thanks again to whitecloud and tacotron.

now for the pictures.....

to start out the day long before i got stuck

when i got lost so i stopped to play

this is a few min before i got stuck haha

and this is right after i got my self out, sorry i didnt take any pictures when i was actually stuck but the mud was up to my hubs haha

the other picture of where i got stuck wouldnt up load but i made it just as far as this but in the other direction obviously haha, and i swear the effin "mud bog" could have gone on for another 100feet.

and here is what the 4runner looked like when i was done

Old 07-26-2010, 07:22 PM   #2
Cloudy-fabricator of things
Whitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Johnathan
Whitecloud's Tacoma Gallery
That is freakin great. It was a good day. On the way in the puddles that I was going through I kept thinking that i didnt see how Alex got stuck but the one that he pointed out to me that he got stuck in was huge. But it was at least dry on the way back.

Old 07-26-2010, 07:34 PM   #3
Taco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Taco505's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post
That was stupid to go alone.
ya no shit haha

Old 07-26-2010, 08:01 PM   #4

Taco505's Tacoma Gallery
i got stuck kinda by snoopy, but where i was messin around was on the other side of the hill dont know what its called

Old 07-26-2010, 09:16 PM   #5
06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kenney
06rubi's Tacoma Gallery
Wow! Way to bypass a "muddy spot" and drive off trail and create some unnecessary ruts. This is the exact reason trails are being closed daily. Not only is it foolish to go offroading solo, but to go in crappy weather knowing the trails are going to be worse is just stupid. If you're gonna wheel use your head and practice treading lightly. That way everyone can enjoy wheeling too.
http://www.treadlightly.org/

Old 07-26-2010, 09:17 PM   #6
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Ain't a crime to get stuck man thnx for sharing & I wouldn't call it stupid but maybe next time at least let someone know aprox. where you'll be & aprox. when you'll be home if going alone.......

Old 07-26-2010, 10:12 PM   #9
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
That must have been scary! That place is so huge its easy to get lost out there. Just head towards the mountains and you should get out eventually haha.

Old 07-26-2010, 11:40 PM   #10
#Murphy is a splendid one to behold#Murphy is a splendid one to behold#Murphy is a splendid one to behold#Murphy is a splendid one to behold#Murphy is a splendid one to behold#Murphy is a splendid one to behold#Murphy is a splendid one to behold#Murphy is a splendid one to behold

Name: Nick
#Murphy's Tacoma Gallery
Nice! haha damn hippies :O

Old 07-27-2010, 12:00 AM   #11
Abron Cabron
NewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/Paramedic; Ski Patrol; River Guide
Name: Abraham
NewMexiTaco's Tacoma Gallery
At least You're doing it with 4x4 this time........

BTW, nice new ride homie... !

....you wouldn't have wanted my old truck anyway... it just got 3g's worth of new engine, repairs, and new parts by the guy who bought it in Az... (for $500.00)... I know I couldn't afford to keep that truck,and treat it right, so I am happy someone is....

Old 07-27-2010, 11:11 AM   #12
BRT
BigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
BigRedToy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06rubi View Post
Wow! Way to bypass a "muddy spot" and drive off trail and create some unnecessary ruts. This is the exact reason trails are being closed daily. Not only is it foolish to go offroading solo, but to go in crappy weather knowing the trails are going to be worse is just stupid. If you're gonna wheel use your head and practice treading lightly. That way everyone can enjoy wheeling too.
http://www.treadlightly.org/

QFT. This thread should be closed or better deleted. Posting things like this make it seem like you want trails to be closed or don't care what it takes to keep them open. There are plenty of people that would be happy to shut down your spot for doing stupid stuff like this.

Old 07-27-2010, 11:22 AM   #13
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
Being stuck? FML? I know this may sound strange but I would rather be working on getting un-stuck for 8 hours than many other things! Now if it was waiting 8 hours having your leg amputated - now that would suck!

Old 07-27-2010, 11:57 AM   #15
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
Ain't a crime to get stuck man thnx for sharing & I wouldn't call it stupid but maybe next time at least let someone know aprox. where you'll be & aprox. when you'll be home if going alone.......
NEVER go wheeling alone!!!!!!!

How hard is that to understand?

It's not about getting stuck. You can get stuck and sit there forever for all anyone cares.

If you get bit by a poisonous snake...guess what? If you sit there too long, you're DEAD. If you have an accident, something breaks, your truck rolls over, and/or you get trapped, get knocked out, break a leg...or whatever....guess what? You could DIE before someone finds you.

ALWAYS have another vehicle with you!!!!

Old 07-27-2010, 12:19 PM   #16
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
NEVER go wheeling alone!!!!!!!

How hard is that to understand?

It's not about getting stuck. You can get stuck and sit there forever for all anyone cares.

If you get bit by a poisonous snake...guess what? If you sit there too long, you're DEAD. If you have an accident, something breaks, your truck rolls over, and/or you get trapped, get knocked out, break a leg...or whatever....guess what? You could DIE before someone finds you.

ALWAYS have another vehicle with you!!!!
jan is right.you should never go wheelin without chicks.

Old 07-27-2010, 12:25 PM   #17
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
Dude had a phone? He called some friends....and it sounds like he knew he had service in the area ...rock on. I'm glad you had some fun.

Big Red Toy..do you know that he can't ride off the trail before calling him out in that area? Looks like your not even from his state so why so quick to jump at the chance to bitch him out.

Old 07-27-2010, 12:32 PM   #18
BRT
BigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscdave View Post
Dude had a phone? He called some friends....and it sounds like he knew he had service in the area ...rock on. I'm glad you had some fun.

Big Red Toy..do you know that he can't ride off the trail before calling him out in that area? Looks like your not even from his state so why so quick to jump at the chance to bitch him out.

You should do some research on the types of groups/people that want to shut down Off Highway trails before you ask why I "bitch him out." If you would like I could link this post to some New Mexico Off Highway clubs which would probably be happy to report him to the Rangers or Anti-Off Highway groups. Abuse and destruction of public land gets them closed and this post just makes Tacomaworld look bad.

Old 07-27-2010, 12:38 PM   #19
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedToy View Post
You should do some research on the types of groups/people that want to shut down Off Highway trails before you ask why I "bitch him out." If you would like I could link this post to some New Mexico Off Highway clubs which would probably be happy to report him to the Rangers or Anti-Off Highway groups. Abuse and destruction of public land gets them closed and this post just makes Tacomaworld look bad.
So your a snitch that thinks you have something on someone you know nothing about and don't have any really good info to go off of other than a pic and claim to know the whole f'en story and are going to the cops to make yourself happy? You make Tacomaworld look bad IMHO by jumping to conclusions..

Chill and let the kid tell his story.

Old 07-27-2010, 12:44 PM   #20
BRT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscdave View Post
So your a snitch that thinks you have something on someone you know nothing about and don't have any really good info to go off of other than a pic and claim to know the whole f'en story and are going to the cops to make yourself happy? You make Tacomaworld look bad IMHO by jumping to conclusions..

Chill and let the kid tell his story.

My point is, its a BIG deal. My point was, People care. Just because you have no idea what you are talking about and are ignorant to what is actually going on shouldn't make you happy.

Also keep all the illegal stuff off this forum. I think anyone would support that.

Closed Thread