Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

silly fullsizers

Old 07-27-2010, 07:19 PM   #1
RoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed
RoyB's Tacoma Gallery
silly fullsizers

Went to a country music even this weekend (country thunder) and it rained, well more like poured, the first 2 days. The result? A bunch of hillbillies and a ton of mud lol. It was fun watching these 3/4 ton trucks run out in the mud and get stuck lol. These 4wd trucks were just spinning the tires and not moving! One had a huge generator in back and couldn't back into his spot. The ones that did make it through were the lifted ones with huge mud tires on them.

I told my buddy I couldn't stand watching them have all the fun and we took my truck out. I am on pretty worn general AT tires. I've been in mud deeper than this so I wasn't too concerned. We jumped in and had a little fun. Showed the fullsizers how to do it Didn't see any other toyotas out there except for another pre-runner sport that got stuck lol.

Luckily, our lane was the driest of the bunch. It was the deepest on the ends and the other lanes which of course, I didn't get pictures of since I was driving. What a blast.

Old 07-27-2010, 07:22 PM   #2
He who angers you conquers you
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
nice
Old 07-27-2010, 07:23 PM   #3
Class IV Category 8 Elite VIP Member (Only)
BradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bradley
BradleyScottETC's Tacoma Gallery
Thats awesome! I also warms my heart to know that there are rednecks in Chicago.
Old 07-27-2010, 08:08 PM   #6
RoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed
RoyB's Tacoma Gallery
the concert was great. First night (thurs) was canceled since there was lightning. Fri and sat rained in the mornings and was ok for the concerts that started at 1. Sunday was sunny all day and I got an awesome beater tan line.
Old 07-27-2010, 08:10 PM   #7
headhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

headhunter247's Tacoma Gallery
Always heard country thunder is fun to go to. This would have been an added bonus.
Old 07-27-2010, 08:16 PM   #8
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
OffRoad is about the only area where the price argument for full size trucks doesn't hold true. Yes, in every other area (power, towing, payload, interior room, etc.) full size trucks are so close to mid-sizers in price you might as well go full size.

If your primary purpose for the vehicle is offroad use, however, that extra size and weight will bite you in the ass. Mid-size ftw.
Old 07-27-2010, 08:24 PM   #9
Cars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carson
Cars0n`'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Cars0n`
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
OffRoad is about the only area where the price argument for full size trucks doesn't hold true. Yes, in every other area (power, towing, payload, interior room, etc.) full size trucks are so close to mid-sizers in price you might as well go full size.

If your primary purpose for the vehicle is offroad use, however, that extra size and weight will bite you in the ass. Mid-size ftw.
that and i find their a p.i.t.a to drive around a city/ and or park
Old 07-28-2010, 10:13 AM   #10
RoyB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cars0n` View Post
that and i find their a p.i.t.a to drive around a city/ and or park
It's true. Towing and power is nice... But with the added weight and size you loose the nimble handing of a mid size truck. I also find parking the tacoma is easier here since the parking spaces are usually tiny. My buddy has a tundra and that thing fills most spaces line to line and is a pain to navigate small parking lots. I do a lot of work in the city where you are stuck with street parking. It's a handful parking the taco some times, a fullsizer is just not meant for the city.