Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Big Bear, CA John Bull Area

Old 07-31-2010, 09:57 PM   #2
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
How long is that section of the trail?
Old 07-31-2010, 09:59 PM   #3
Wish i was wheelin
TengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
TengoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
We did a modified John Bull Trail because a group of scouts kept breaking ahead of us so we turned around. We probably did 10-12 miles today.
Old 07-31-2010, 10:00 PM   #4
Wish i was wheelin
TengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dont mean to tread jack my own thread but does anyone know how to make the videos show? I tried all 4 links in photobucket and they dont show up...
Old 07-31-2010, 10:14 PM   #5
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
i use youtube...
Old 07-31-2010, 10:18 PM   #6
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
so could you have made it through without protection? just pick smart lines?
Old 07-31-2010, 10:24 PM   #7
1st gen > 2nd gen
Rucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
is there a link for the park and trails?
Old 07-31-2010, 10:28 PM   #8

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkie View Post
is there a link for the park and trails?
Its not a park, its technically all just fire roads
Old 08-01-2010, 09:01 AM   #9
Wish i was wheelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoytoda View Post
so could you have made it through without protection? just pick smart lines?
The parts of the trail i saw, the gate-something which i heard someone call it, didn't seem too tough. With a good spotter i would have been fine. I think sliders, 2" lift and 3wd is a minimum for this trail.
Old 08-01-2010, 09:13 AM   #10
Scarab21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarab21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarab21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarab21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarab21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarab21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarab21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarab21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarab21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarab21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarab21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Scarab21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tengotaco View Post
the parts of the trail i saw, the gate-something which i heard someone call it, didn't seem too tough. With a good spotter i would have been fine. I think sliders, 2" lift and 3wd is a minimum for this trail.

can i upgrade my 2wd to 3wd.. That sounds cool! Ahahh jk
Old 08-01-2010, 09:16 AM   #11
Wish i was wheelin

Seeing that you have a sport i would say you have a 1.5wd
Old 08-01-2010, 09:18 AM   #12
Scarab21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarab21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarab21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarab21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarab21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarab21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarab21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarab21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarab21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarab21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarab21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
dont hate.. i got out of a 8" deep of mud yesterday! bald stock tires and all!
Old 08-01-2010, 09:21 AM   #13
Wish i was wheelin

Ya its really surprising the difference some traction makes, wheres the pics?
Old 08-01-2010, 09:26 AM   #14
i was at work. and had to get out quick for a meeting.. sorry no pics.. but my car was FILTHY.. needless to say so was i.

seriously.. i wanna know about the big bear trail.. or other trails.. im in pasadena,, i wanna know where around there i can go with my 2wd/1.5wd?
Old 08-01-2010, 09:30 AM   #15
Wish i was wheelin

Dude you should go. Holcomb Valley is prerunning friendly. Its my kind of trails too. The trails dont beat you up. Lots of side paths. You hop on the 2n09 from the 18 and it takes you there.
Old 08-01-2010, 09:31 AM   #16
Wish i was wheelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab21 View Post
my car was FILTHY..
Hope your taco didn't hear that
Old 08-01-2010, 09:42 AM   #17
Quote:
Originally Posted by TengoTaco View Post
Hope your taco didn't hear that
well im down to go.. i got a brother with a jeep that would like to go too.. 4x4 with a small lift..

ill let you know when we plan to go. maybe meet up
Old 08-01-2010, 10:50 AM   #19
1st gen > 2nd gen
Rucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TengoTaco View Post
Dude you should go. Holcomb Valley is prerunning friendly. Its my kind of trails too. The trails dont beat you up. Lots of side paths. You hop on the 2n09 from the 18 and it takes you there.
would Holcomb valley be suitable for a stock height and tires long bed?