Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

2wd sport in the beach sand=not good

Old 06-27-2008, 03:49 PM   #21
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
go get one hodgey......then maybe we all will have 4x4 when we hit uwharrie. im hoping to make a deal real soon on my lease......hopefully the salesman is actually looking for a truck for me.
Old 06-28-2008, 02:44 PM   #22
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmer View Post
it might help to carry 4 15' X 1.5' rolls of carpet.
Tim, Thats an item that most people dont think about, and should if off roading in a Prerunner. Personally, 1.5' is too narrow. I keep a peice big enough to cover the bottom of my bed. A blanket works also.
Old 06-28-2008, 02:55 PM   #23
joedart is on a distinguished road
joedart's Tacoma Gallery
^^ you can also use your floor mats.
Old 06-28-2008, 03:54 PM   #24
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by joedart View Post
Did that in my Suburban! Good thing I wasn't married then!
Old 06-28-2008, 04:55 PM   #25
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joedart View Post
Absolutley!
Old 06-28-2008, 08:49 PM   #26
BOLLINGERTACO is on a distinguished road
BOLLINGERTACO's Tacoma Gallery
4wd in sand

all i gotta say is...get the 4wd and NEVER second guess. its worth it. iv been stuck in places which id never thought i would. all i have to do is click it into 4wd and i feel like a lotus on a hot track with sticky tires...traction all day...that is priceless. its fun messing around in 2wd until i get stuck. then just drop it into 4wd if all else fails. its great. good luck
Old 06-28-2008, 08:55 PM   #27
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
I figure if I get stuck in sand, I can leave the truck in drive and set the cruise at 10MPH and get out to push. When its free all I gotta do is get inside before it hits something.
Old 06-28-2008, 09:01 PM   #28
robinsonda1 is on a distinguished road
Army:
robinsonda1's Tacoma Gallery
It's funny I just traded my 05 4x4 for an 08 Pre-runner
Old 06-28-2008, 09:15 PM   #29
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinsonda1 View Post
It's funny I just traded my 05 4x4 for an 08 Pre-runner
can i ask why??
Old 06-28-2008, 09:19 PM   #30
Army:
Had a 6spd 4x4 wanted an auto beacuse I didn't care for the 6spd and wanted the Pre-runner beacuse I don't need the 4x4. I never offraod and I'm not in Germany any more so no more snow and lighter/better gas mileage.
Old 06-28-2008, 09:25 PM   #31

Quote:
Had a 6spd 4x4 wanted an auto beacuse I didn't care for the 6spd and wanted the Pre-runner beacuse I don't need the 4x4. I never offraod and I'm not in Germany any more so no more snow and lighter/better gas mileage.
oh, i got ya. cool. the prerunner is an awesome truck man!! any upgrades you are gonna do with the prerunner?? im actually getting ready to trade my 06 prerunner in for an 04 4x4 tacoma, dealership is supposed to get one in this week for me to look at. the prerunner worked fine for me, but i really wanted 4x4 in the first place, have a need for it, so im gonna get me one.
Old 06-28-2008, 09:31 PM   #32
Army:
Well I am afraid to take a brand new truck off roading and getting it all scratched up etc. Call me crazy. This one has the tow pkg also and I plan on towing my BMW from TX to VA next week, hope I don't mess it up by doing that. Any I have already done a 3" lift done at the dealer and added 20" chrome wheels and a Kenwood 8120 in dash nav. I plan on adding the TRD intake and exhaust later and maybe the super charger next year. I want to do a few cosmetic things like the black headlight mod but I'm too squeemish to pull the headlight housings apart. I also want to tint the tail lights.
Old 06-28-2008, 09:35 PM   #33

Quote:
Well I am afraid to take a brand new truck off roading and getting it all scratched up etc. Call me crazy. This one has the tow pkg also and I plan on towing my BMW from TX to VA next week, hope I don't mess it up by doing that. Any I have already done a 3" lift done at the dealer and added 20" chrome wheels and a Kenwood 8120 in dash nav. I plan on adding the TRD intake and exhaust later and maybe the super charger next year. I want to do a few cosmetic things like the black headlight mod but I'm too squeemish to pull the headlight housings apart. I also want to tint the tail lights.
sounds liek you got good mods done already and some more good ones planned. towing will be just fine for it man......nothing to worry about.

im kinda the same way about the bhlm, but it does look awesome!
Old 06-28-2008, 09:40 PM   #34
Army:
Yeah I wish you could just buy the headlights already backed out. I also want to add HIDs and upgrade the sound system. When I had the Kenwood installed the sound quailty went down hill big time, it really sounds worse thatn the stock system. Oh and I forgot to mention I have my 4 wheeler for off roading
Old 06-28-2008, 09:42 PM   #35
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
I forget who but their is a guy on Toyota Nation who will black your headlights out for cash. He does an incredible job.
Old 06-28-2008, 09:47 PM   #36
Army:
Really? Theat's cool, I will have to look into that although that means I would be driving around with no lights for a while. Thanks for the info.
Old 06-28-2008, 09:57 PM   #37

Quote:
Yeah I wish you could just buy the headlights already backed out. I also want to add HIDs and upgrade the sound system. When I had the Kenwood installed the sound quailty went down hill big time, it really sounds worse thatn the stock system. Oh and I forgot to mention I have my 4 wheeler for off roading
sweet!! im gonna have myself a honda rancher one of these days. just gotta wait till the wife and i get outta this condo and get some land.
Old 06-28-2008, 10:02 PM   #38
Army:
That's cool I have a suzuki ltz 400 and plan on gettinf a raptor or a yzf. How do you like that flowmaster 40? Did you notice a difference and does it drone?
Old 06-28-2008, 10:13 PM   #39
Piss off
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
u can buy the blacked headlights on ebay for like $140 now i think...then just turn around and sell ur stock ones back on ebay as well....lol
Old 06-28-2008, 10:14 PM   #40

Quote:
That's cool I have a suzuki ltz 400 and plan on gettinf a raptor or a yzf. How do you like that flowmaster 40? Did you notice a difference and does it drone?
i have always loved flowmaster, and the 40 is an awesome muffler. i got it for sound only, so any performance with it would be bare minimal. some people will say it drones in the cab, but i can say, that nope..........no drone as far as im concerned. you can barely tell its there on the interstate. at idle, it has a little tone, but when you get on it.........it growls awesomely!