Delta00's 2002 Tacoma 4WD

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

George Washington National Forest, VA?

Old 03-01-2015, 01:35 PM   #2
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Bump

Planning on taking my truck here next month and tent camping, where can I trail ride? I've read that some of the trails are closed, anyone out there who can verify?

Thanks!
Old 03-14-2015, 08:10 PM   #3
BeaterToyota is on a distinguished road

BeaterToyota's Tacoma Gallery
There really isn't a lot anymore, just some forest service roads. Search the internet for Flagpole Knob. That's the most popular trail. It's about 20 minutes west/southwest of Harrisonburg, VA. There are various places where you can camp for free. Since these are roads, and not OHV trails, access to them is free.

About an hour north of Harrisonburg, near Strasburg, VA and Woodstock, VA, are Taskers Gap and Peters Mill trails. One of them is just for ATVs (I think) but the other is for ATVs, trucks, etc. It costs like $5 per day. There are gas stations and other stores where you pay the fee and get a wrist band.