Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

For you Hi-Lift owners

Old 09-13-2010, 03:13 PM   #1
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
For you Hi-Lift owners

Just ran across this on "The Wabbit's" facebook page:

http://www.wabfab.org/Slider-Adapter...ypage.tpl.html

The "Wabbit's Foot" replacement base Hi-Lift and identical jacks. Has 4 teeth to dig in and keep the jack from sliding as well as a larger base to help keep it from sinking.

Attached Thumbnails
For you Hi-Lift owners-60534_1598794806714_1141325772_1714614_7623148_n.jpg  
Old 09-13-2010, 03:17 PM   #2
BSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
BSPDX's Tacoma Gallery
interesting... I bet some guys here will fab some up now!
Old 09-13-2010, 03:50 PM   #3
BSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
BSPDX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post
I wonder what it will do on pavement? so you could just leave it on instead of switching back and forth between the stock one.
I bet on pavement those claws would buckle instantly... you would have to go back to stock or something. Its still a pretty clever idea!
Old 09-13-2010, 04:01 PM   #4
Mi Vida Taco will become famous soon enoughMi Vida Taco will become famous soon enough

Army: Infantry
Mi Vida Taco's Tacoma Gallery
or just turn it upside down? have the claws face up on pavement
Old 09-13-2010, 04:09 PM   #5
BSPDX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi Vida Taco View Post
or just turn it upside down? have the claws face up on pavement
you can't just flip it... see the other pic! it does look damn stout though!
Old 09-13-2010, 04:21 PM   #6
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motive View Post
I bet on pavement those claws would buckle instantly... you would have to go back to stock or something. Its still a pretty clever idea!
Quote:
you can't just flip it... see the other pic! it does look damn stout though!

What he said! lol Looks like 1/4" steel.... That's not going to bend easily. Hell, the wheels of my jack push into the asphalt on my driveway. Imagine sharpened points with the weight of the truck on them! They'll dig right in.

Thought it might be good for the people on here that have a Hi-Lift (or want one), but are worried about it slipping.

Oh, and that thing looks thicker than my jack stands. Those don't buckle.
Old 09-13-2010, 04:26 PM   #7
I need to go return some videotapes...
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Grind them halfway off and they would be perfect on any surface.
Old 09-13-2010, 04:40 PM   #8
Keyser Soze
WATRD has much to be proud ofWATRD has much to be proud ofWATRD has much to be proud ofWATRD has much to be proud ofWATRD has much to be proud ofWATRD has much to be proud ofWATRD has much to be proud ofWATRD has much to be proud ofWATRD has much to be proud of

Name: Rob
WATRD's Tacoma Gallery
I carry one of these: http://www.rescue42.com/jmr42.php

It works well anywhere the stock base slips and it doubles as a way to secure a chain, another arm when using the jack as a clamp or spreader/jaws of life. Between it and the cradle for my sliders, my Hi-Lift became even more versatile.
Old 09-13-2010, 05:15 PM   #9
Devout Atheist

Quote:
Originally Posted by WATRD View Post
I carry one of these: http://www.rescue42.com/jmr42.php

It works well anywhere the stock base slips and it doubles as a way to secure a chain, another arm when using the jack as a clamp or spreader/jaws of life. Between it and the cradle for my sliders, my Hi-Lift became even more versatile.
Oh yeah I forgot about those! lol I want one too. Wouldn't work for a base around here. Soil's too soft, and it would sink. However, for the spreading and shackle mount it would be great. Probably better than the stock end for clamping too.

ahhh... New job, decent raise, maybe I'll finally get to buy some of these toys!
Old 09-13-2010, 06:55 PM   #10
waskillywabbit is on a distinguished road
Name: Wabbit
waskillywabbit's Tacoma Gallery
Wabbit's Foot is a recovery tool

Quote:
I wonder what it will do on pavement? so you could just leave it on instead of switching back and forth between the stock one.
The Wabbit's Foot is made for off-road applications and thoroughly tested as such.

Quote:
Those "claws" leave nice little holes in pavement (blacktop) and you are going to have to do a lot to bend them, 1/4" plate. Friend of mine was using one in the parking lot to change a tire and the store owner got fussy he left a "bite" in his parking lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass View Post
Grind them halfway off and they would be perfect on any surface.
Again, this product is made for off-road use. If you are lifting a vehicle on pavement use a floor jack. A Hi-Lift is made to be a recovery tool, not an everyday jack.

Old 09-13-2010, 08:34 PM   #11
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by waskillywabbit View Post
The Wabbit's Foot is made for off-road applications and thoroughly tested as such.

Those "claws" leave nice little holes in pavement (blacktop) and you are going to have to do a lot to bend them, 1/4" plate. Friend of mine was using one in the parking lot to change a tire and the store owner got fussy he left a "bite" in his parking lot.

Again, this product is made for off-road use. If you are lifting a vehicle on pavement use a floor jack. A Hi-Lift is made to be a recovery tool, not an everyday jack.

Why hello Wabbit!

Welcome to TW!
Old 09-13-2010, 08:40 PM   #12
Keyser Soze
WATRD has much to be proud ofWATRD has much to be proud ofWATRD has much to be proud ofWATRD has much to be proud ofWATRD has much to be proud ofWATRD has much to be proud ofWATRD has much to be proud ofWATRD has much to be proud ofWATRD has much to be proud of

Name: Rob
WATRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

<SNIP>
Well... look what the bunny dragged in!
Old 09-14-2010, 04:41 AM   #13
Devout Atheist

Quote:

Welcome aboard Wabbit. Now talk to tcBob about becoming a vendor. I'm sure lots of people here would like to know what else you make.
Old 09-14-2010, 04:50 AM   #14
Devout Atheist

Quote:
Just for fun I looked up what it took to bend 1/4" plate steel. From the looks it takes 15-20 tons (30,000-40,000 lbs) of force to bend it. Hi-Lift's are rated to 4,660 lbs and max tested to 7,000 lbs. I think you'll be fine.
Old 09-14-2010, 05:16 AM   #15
BGrutter is a name known to allBGrutter is a name known to allBGrutter is a name known to allBGrutter is a name known to allBGrutter is a name known to allBGrutter is a name known to all
Name: Baron
BGrutter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by piercedtiger View Post
Welcome aboard Wabbit. Now talk to tcBob about becoming a vendor. I'm sure lots of people here would like to know what else you make.
I smell a group buy! Just a thought...
Old 09-14-2010, 05:21 AM   #16
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
agh....edit after beaten on the group buy comments
Old 09-14-2010, 05:24 AM   #17
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

only bad thing is the hi lift wouldnt fit in my tool box anymore w/ this on it. revenge said he was going to make a stout offroad base, but never saw anything after that
Old 09-14-2010, 05:54 AM   #18
Devout Atheist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
only bad thing is the hi lift wouldnt fit in my tool box anymore w/ this on it. revenge said he was going to make a stout offroad base, but never saw anything after that
So take it off, then put it in the tool box. Damn, I thought you was smarter than that Hodgy!
Old 09-14-2010, 06:13 AM   #19
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by piercedtiger View Post
So take it off, then put it in the tool box. Damn, I thought you was smarter than that Hodgy!
it's a point of ease of use...lol. all i have to do now is take it out of the box and use it. cant do that if i have to start removing shit and keeping track of where i stored the other parts...
Old 09-14-2010, 06:17 AM   #20
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
Do we need a recap of last Fall URE meet?
this wouldnt have solved that