Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Shrockworks Front Bumper Frustration

Old 09-14-2010, 12:15 AM   #1
tallmand is on a distinguished road
Name: Tiffany
tallmand's Tacoma Gallery
Shrockworks Front Bumper Frustration

Watch out for these guys. I placed an order over 5 months ago and I still haven't gotten my front bumper. I went with them because their products look great, but after waiting half a year I'm thinking of disputing the charge with my credit card (they charge you full pop when you place the order - not when it's shipped). I'd love to say the bumper's sweet and worth the wait - but since I haven't seen it yet I can't, and instead I'm angry and frustrated. It doesn't even have a winch or custom requests. It's really the simplest design they make. WTF??? Come on, Shrockworks, this is ridiculous!

I've called them about every two weeks for the past 2-3 months and all I ever get back is that "it's almost ready". So far the only thing I'm getting for my money is the run around.
Old 09-14-2010, 12:38 AM   #2
Kenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant future

Kenny650's Tacoma Gallery
When they made my 4Runner bumper they only charged me half the price. Once it shipped they charged the rest. Did you ask about that?
Old 09-14-2010, 10:46 AM   #3
We asked about charging options and were told it's full pay up front - lame. Sounds like you got a better deal.
Old 09-14-2010, 10:51 AM   #4
Toyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JT
Toyota Truck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallmand View Post
Watch out for these guys. I placed an order over 5 months ago and I still haven't gotten my front bumper. I went with them because their products look great, but after waiting half a year I'm thinking of disputing the charge with my credit card (they charge you full pop when you place the order - not when it's shipped). I'd love to say the bumper's sweet and worth the wait - but since I haven't seen it yet I can't, and instead I'm angry and frustrated. It doesn't even have a winch or custom requests. It's really the simplest design they make. WTF??? Come on, Shrockworks, this is ridiculous!

I've called them about every two weeks for the past 2-3 months and all I ever get back is that "it's almost ready". So far the only thing I'm getting for my money is the run around.
I actually visted thier shop. And they had all the parts laid out on the floor to make multiple bumpers. Something is really worng here. Good luck with every thing.
Old 09-14-2010, 11:00 AM   #6
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Its probably too late to dispute with your credit card.. the typical dispute period is 90 days from date of purchase. I worked for two different credit card companies in the past (the two largest) and they both had that same policy.

You probably need to try to work it out with shrockworks
Old 09-14-2010, 11:11 AM   #8
JRW1223 is just really niceJRW1223 is just really niceJRW1223 is just really niceJRW1223 is just really niceJRW1223 is just really nice
Navy:
Name: Jordan
JRW1223's Tacoma Gallery
6 months is way to long IMO. You should get a discount or something. Good luck!
Old 09-14-2010, 11:23 AM   #9
Uncharted is on a distinguished road

Uncharted's Tacoma Gallery
It's a long wait, it took my bro about 6 months to get his bumper for his x-terra. I think they told him that they wait till they have a min of 5 orders than they make them all at the same time or something. Shrockworks def makes an outstanding product though just a long wait
Old 09-14-2010, 03:24 PM   #10
98_mud_bug
98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

98_Mud_bug's Tacoma Gallery
its a long wait but it will be way worth it. they told me about a 7 to 8 month wait time on the bumper i was going to order. have you looked at the relentless fab bumpers? they look really good and i think have a faster turn around date.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:22 PM   #11
1welder will become famous soon enough

Name: tony grace
1welder's Tacoma Gallery
I called them and they told me at least 12 weeks. That was too much for me. Called Tim at relentless fab had it alot sooner then I would have from shrockworks. And I think Tim has a better product. I love mine.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:54 AM   #12
Thanks for all the great ideas/advice. Next time I'll check out relentless fab. And yeah, I can only imagine that they have all the required constituents prefabbed and ready to go. I don't understand how it can take so long to make non-custom parts.

I did find out that it shipped yesterday - so that's good. Hopefully it will be worth the wait.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:58 AM   #14
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
my brother ordered a bumper from them for his jeep, after 6 months of waiting he called them, got his money back and ordered from somewhere else.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:59 AM   #15
ttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
ttylerr's Tacoma Gallery
post pics when its on! and next time, go relentless
Old 09-16-2010, 06:11 PM   #16
I hope they lower their production time in the future so others don't have to wait so long.

And I'll definitely post pictures when I get it. Might be here tomorrow if I'm lucky!
Old 09-17-2010, 08:35 PM   #18
mattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shed
mattleegee's Tacoma Gallery
i barely made it 4 weeks on my custom bumper... started losing sleep at the end!