Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

BAJA IS TOYOTA COUNTRY!

Old 09-16-2010, 10:23 PM   #1
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
BAJA IS TOYOTA COUNTRY!

New photos of our May 2010 epic trip to Mision Santa Maria with HB Murphy (2009 Tacoma), bajatripper (4Runner), Neal Johns (2003 Tacoma/camper) and me (2010 Tacoma)... along with Art in his custom 4WD motorhome and CG with his Dakota.

A few of Steve's 150 photos...

Old 09-16-2010, 10:26 PM   #2
rv210 will become famous soon enoughrv210 will become famous soon enough

Name: robert
rv210's Tacoma Gallery
Rad pics
Old 09-16-2010, 11:44 PM   #3
Hacksaw engineer
Trapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud of

Trapper6speed's Tacoma Gallery
Awsome bumper mods.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:51 PM   #4
slick_711 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslick_711 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslick_711 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslick_711 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslick_711 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslick_711 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslick_711 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslick_711 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslick_711 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslick_711 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslick_711 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Security Forces, 2002-2005
slick_711's Tacoma Gallery
Very cool pics, I'm jealous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapper6speed View Post
Awesome bumper mods.
I LOL'd.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:53 PM   #5
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Holy shit you jacked your bumper up good.

Cool pictures though! Definitely want more.
Old 09-17-2010, 12:08 AM   #6
84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gary
84Hilux's Tacoma Gallery
Nice pics! Ouch about the bumper I see a guy is selling a silver one on the B/S/T forum.
Old 09-17-2010, 10:53 AM   #8
Rather be wheeling
trdDANIEL is a glorious beacon of lighttrdDANIEL is a glorious beacon of lighttrdDANIEL is a glorious beacon of lighttrdDANIEL is a glorious beacon of lighttrdDANIEL is a glorious beacon of lighttrdDANIEL is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Daniel
trdDANIEL's Tacoma Gallery
Where is this at? nice pics looked fun!
Old 09-17-2010, 10:55 AM   #9
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks!

Here is where the rear bumper got snagged... After rolling off the rock face, the back end fell straight down, put dent in the body and the pulled the bumper back, like a can opener!

I had no idea that happened as I was being spotted, so my eyes were ahead... and then I saw the expressions on everyone's face!

It was surprising to see how it 'almost' returned back, with little help!

Here it is (getting a car wash in San Vicente, Baja) less than 2 mos. following the Santa Maria trip.
Old 09-17-2010, 11:00 AM   #10
jester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jester156's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to jester156
it should buff right out
Old 09-17-2010, 11:06 AM   #11

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by trdDANIEL View Post
Where is this at? nice pics looked fun!
Click on my link to the Mision Santa Maria trip, below (in my signature) to read and see all about the road to Mision Santa Maria de los Angeles, founded in 1767. The road was built in the 1960's and is only 14 miles long... but a 3 hour or more trip, one way! The road begins at Rancho Santa Ynez, near Cataviña, 300 miles south of San Diego in central Baja California (Norte).

There are several You Tube videos of the road, and the steepest grade most will film is the one just over a mile from the mission that I named 'Widowmaker' back in 1999 when I first rode it (on a quad), and was thrown off, leaving blood on the rocks! It is best driven by high clearance 4WDs and lockers, traction control or A-TRAC is a must!

I did a detailed trip web page of our previous run there in 2007... have a look: http://vivabaja.com/msm
Old 09-17-2010, 11:33 AM   #12
Rather be wheeling
trdDANIEL is a glorious beacon of lighttrdDANIEL is a glorious beacon of lighttrdDANIEL is a glorious beacon of lighttrdDANIEL is a glorious beacon of lighttrdDANIEL is a glorious beacon of lighttrdDANIEL is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Daniel
trdDANIEL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by David K View Post
Click on my link to the Mision Santa Maria trip, below (in my signature) to read and see all about the road to Mision Santa Maria de los Angeles, founded in 1767. The road was built in the 1960's and is only 14 miles long... but a 3 hour or more trip, one way! The road begins at Rancho Santa Ynez, near Cataviña, 300 miles south of San Diego in central Baja California (Norte).

There are several You Tube videos of the road, and the steepest grade most will film is the one just over a mile from the mission that I named 'Widowmaker' back in 1999 when I first rode it (on a quad), and was thrown off, leaving blood on the rocks! It is best driven by high clearance 4WDs and lockers, traction control or A-TRAC is a must!

I did a detailed trip web page of our previous run there in 2007... have a look: http://vivabaja.com/msm
Yea I have been working on making my tacoma more suitable for baja conditions, me and this one guy are working on custom body work.

Do you have a lift on your tacoma?
Old 09-17-2010, 11:56 AM   #14
Jimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud of

Name: Jim
Jimmyjohn's Tacoma Gallery
Hey I want to thank you ever so much for the great pics. That is part of the country that I probably will never see. Those were Great.
Old 09-17-2010, 02:25 PM   #15

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by trdDANIEL View Post
Yea I have been working on making my tacoma more suitable for baja conditions, me and this one guy are working on custom body work.

Do you have a lift on your tacoma?
No pure stock, truck was under 6 months old that trip... just the light bar added with two Hella 4000s. The tires are still Rugged Trails, but that will change soon (two flats so far)... but only 15,000 miles on them

I really like the new General Grabbers, but they aren't available yet and may be too pricey??? Toyo Open Country AT or Yoko's Geolander or ???
Old 09-17-2010, 02:28 PM   #16

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyjohn View Post
Hey I want to thank you ever so much for the great pics. That is part of the country that I probably will never see. Those were Great.
Never say never! It is totally wild and beautiful... in a different way than Montana, I bet! I would like to visit your state, too! I drove in it for like a mile going to Yellowstone!!
Old 09-17-2010, 02:31 PM   #17

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post
I wish you and Paul would quit posting pics!!! You make me jealous every time I see them!!!

With that said...........keep them coming!!!!!
Thanks... Paul was just awesome to travel with on that trip... We met at Costco just before crossing into Mexico, and it was an entire pleasure traveling with him and Zoom, all 3 days. It was my fourth trip in to the mission, Paul's first... and he showed great leadership and can-do ability and enthusiasm... a great member of our tribe!
Old 03-14-2013, 11:02 AM   #18

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Sometimes it is as simple as driving on an isolated beach, and that makes it all worth it!