Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

el paso trails

Old 09-20-2010, 06:16 AM   #1
carolinaTRD has a brilliant futurecarolinaTRD has a brilliant futurecarolinaTRD has a brilliant futurecarolinaTRD has a brilliant futurecarolinaTRD has a brilliant futurecarolinaTRD has a brilliant futurecarolinaTRD has a brilliant futurecarolinaTRD has a brilliant futurecarolinaTRD has a brilliant futurecarolinaTRD has a brilliant futurecarolinaTRD has a brilliant future

Army:
Name: Evan
carolinaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
el paso trails

i'm moving to el paso, tx shortly (not by choice!!!!) anyone know of any good trails in the area?
Old 09-20-2010, 08:18 AM   #2
n0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: USDI BLM
Name: J.W.
n0rth's Tacoma Gallery
I am not sure what is near El paso itself but you do have Las Cruces BLM trail systems Cruces is where they have the Chile challenge in February or sometime around there. You do have lots of desert around you but the mountains are close as well the Lincoln National Forest is located a few hours north of El Paso. Cloudcroft and Ruidoso NM are both great places to check out. There is a trail system in Tularosa NM as well. All of the places I mentioned are within 2 hours roughly some are closer. Good luck
Old 09-20-2010, 12:43 PM   #3
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
i grew up there.

sorry about the move. but to answer your question: YES! i grew up on the back of a Honda Three wheeler. we rode them almost exclusively at an area we called "red sands". huge FREE red sand dunes connected with an trail system. you cant go blasting about, because of the ATV's, but the trails are great.

and then there is this super secret trail that goes from el paso..near red sands..and it goes winding all thru the mountains, and you pop out..in cloudcroft, NM. you cross streams, see all sorts of wildlife. the trail starts off complete desert, and the trees slowly increase in numbers..and poof. full blown forest. get to cloudcroft, eat great chicken fried steak. it is an all day awesome trail.
Old 11-02-2010, 04:17 PM   #4
Fuuaaaaaaa!!
tecate12 is a name known to alltecate12 is a name known to alltecate12 is a name known to alltecate12 is a name known to alltecate12 is a name known to alltecate12 is a name known to all

Name: Martin
tecate12's Tacoma Gallery
Dam well welcome to the EPT... im pretty sure you have seen there are many places to offraod and trail by now right?? lol lots a dessert around us but just in case... you got red sand far east side always entertaining and akways a helping hand in case you get stuck ( pre runner =s )
Old 11-02-2010, 04:29 PM   #5
99nmtaco has a spectacular aura about99nmtaco has a spectacular aura about

Air Force:
Name: Patrick
99nmtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Well there are a lot of trails up north of there in Las Cruces. Not sure about any closer than that. And to my knowledge the BLM chile challenge trails are shut down there was a big political fight about them so the government tried to shut um. Idk if they ever did or not but there is a lot of rock crawling and nice desert trails. I just got my tacoma so Im still exploring the trails in LC