Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Can I take a 1999 Tacoma Prerunner TRD in beach sand?

Old 07-14-2008, 07:58 AM   #1
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Can I take a 1999 Tacoma Prerunner TRD in beach sand?

I have been told that I can and that I can't by different people but I want to make sure.

I have a 05 Tacoma 4X4 TRD which I'm sure will have no problem in the sand.

But what about my friends 99 Tacoma Prerunner?

What are some techniques to driving in sand? Besides don't stop in soft sand.

OKAY... So thanks for all the information but I keep being told don't stop. What if I want to like chill on the beach and park the truck? Can I not do that?

How much air should I let out of the tires?
Old 07-14-2008, 08:05 AM   #2
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by socolax91 View Post
I have been told that I can and that I can't by different people but I want to make sure.

I have a 05 Tacoma 4X4 TRD which I'm sure will have no problem in the sand.

But what about my friends 99 Tacoma Prerunner?

Sure u can take it anywhere!

But cha might get stuck....It depends on the driver
Old 07-14-2008, 08:08 AM   #3
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Depends on the driver.

I've been driving on soft sand at the beach for over 3 years now with nothing but 2wds. Haven't been stuck... yet.

Just use common sense. Don't stop in soft sand, keep your momentum up, don't turn your wheels if you can avoid it. Once you stop moving (stuck), don't bother hitting the gas, your just gonna dig it in.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:45 PM   #4
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Be mindful of the size of the tires, tall and skinny-no worky.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:48 PM   #5
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
yup like what 05tacotrd said. once ur on the sand keep going cuz u will get stuck. use lower gears and ur all good to go. JUST DONT STOP!
Old 07-15-2008, 07:44 AM   #6
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
let it down to 12-15 psi and you should be good. just dont floor it or you'll create a rut you wont get out of