Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

HEART ATTACK HILL DONE RIGHT !!

Old 10-07-2010, 02:52 PM   #1
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
HEART ATTACK HILL DONE RIGHT !!

Ok most of us saw "How Not To Spot" & what happens when inexperienced people get in over their head.

Same hill with guys that have the skills.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sj3iRROFww0?version=3
Old 10-07-2010, 03:05 PM   #2
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Yep thats how you do it. I remember the first time I went down it. It was night, my brother was driving, and no spotters. I think it was the second time I went offroading and we just followed the guy infront of us. And I remember that drop, scared the shit outta us.
Old 10-07-2010, 11:16 PM   #3
07DblRunner is on a distinguished road
07DblRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Ive been down and up that hill a bunch of times mostly on a bike and its funny how video makes it look so mellow. Its not insane but its got some grade for sure.
Old 10-08-2010, 01:25 AM   #4
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Like most vids ,doesn't do justice...

Scariest spot seems to be right at top where evryones ass end shoots up about 3ft...
Old 10-08-2010, 01:37 AM   #5
Prez of @battleborntacomas and ASSHOLE!
MOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Love the old school yota BAD ASS!
Old 10-08-2010, 01:46 AM   #6
"Its go time, baby!"
Shawneily is a splendid one to beholdShawneily is a splendid one to beholdShawneily is a splendid one to beholdShawneily is a splendid one to beholdShawneily is a splendid one to beholdShawneily is a splendid one to beholdShawneily is a splendid one to behold

Name: Shawn
Shawneily's Tacoma Gallery
i like their comment. toyotas badass, made it look like your just drivin' on the freeway... lol.
Old 10-08-2010, 04:44 PM   #7
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, they shoot the first guy who's riding on what, 37 inchers? making it look easy. Then the camera goes to the dirt for the harder approach on the stock-ride-height vehicle that I'd actually be *more* interested in seeing the technique for!

At any rate, as with most steep hills it definitely looks like the fall line is the approach to take, and you don't want to be turning sideways across it, as the rubicon that rolled did.
Old 10-08-2010, 04:47 PM   #8
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Honestly that hill looks like nothing. Hell's gate in Moab would scare the crap out of me.
Old 10-08-2010, 11:43 PM   #9
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
I remember seeing the first video thinking "my DC long bed wouldn't do that" silly jeeps and there short wheelbase.
Not to say that the spotter and driver weren't at fault cause they were.
Old 10-09-2010, 08:22 PM   #10
84socal is on a distinguished road

Name: the hated mother fucker
84socal's Tacoma Gallery
i know the first two guys the one in the jeep is my buddy mike and the second guy is my buddy billy hes a prospect for our club right now and that rig looks nothing like that anymore
heres his rig aug 09 and the second pic july 10

Old 10-09-2010, 08:38 PM   #11
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84socal View Post
i know the first two guys the one in the jeep is my buddy mike and the second guy is my buddy billy hes a prospect for our club right now and that rig looks nothing like that anymore
heres his rig aug 09 and the second pic july 10

Nice !! Tell your bro' "Well done" & yeah after you shoot obstacles like that a few times it does look easy but you know & I know that ain't so...
Old 10-11-2010, 12:05 PM   #12
ilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant future

ilove_taco_ma's Tacoma Gallery
the jeep that rolled over that same route was a lady and a bad spotter.
Old 10-11-2010, 09:41 PM   #13
84socal is on a distinguished road

Name: the hated mother fucker
84socal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilove_taco_ma View Post
u are indeed correct she ended up with a broken back and she was not wearing a seatbelt it wasnt just the spotter it was the driver also
Old 10-29-2010, 01:45 PM   #14
Must go to Mountains, Desert
Crom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. Sir
Crom's Tacoma Gallery
Pinyon mountain drop off is no joke. I surveyed the place back in January and I concluded that a stock Tacoma couldn't traverse the drop off without serious risk to the driver and vehicle. There are huge holes 24" deep during the descent. I photographed the place, but the photos don't do it justice.
Old 03-29-2012, 08:47 PM   #15
LensCap
92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
92shawman's Tacoma Gallery
Has anyone done this in a mostly stock toyota pickup?
I have a 92 pickup with an arb bumper, winch, 31' bfg all-terrains, and hopefully rock sliders by the time I might go...do you guys think it's doable?
If I go I would definitely hike all of the hard part first, but I want to know if it's even possible before I spend that energy towards it.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:25 PM   #16
TherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
TherealScuba's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Honestly that hill looks like nothing. Hell's gate in Moab would scare the crap out of me.
I've done both. Helps gate was nothing compared to heart attack. The escalator on hells revenge is a different story, though.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:30 PM   #17
aka Frank Gallagher...
Jay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jay
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilove_taco_ma View Post
Anyone got the video of said roll over?
Old 03-29-2012, 10:02 PM   #19
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
God the screaming is annoying. I'm insensitive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyIDNn73H4U
Old 03-29-2012, 10:06 PM   #20
Drop it Drop it Low
Dmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Branden
Dmonkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxamillion2345 View Post
God the screaming is annoying. I'm insensitive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyIDNn73H4U
that video is better if you mute it and play dubstep instead