Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Dumont Dunes October 29-31

Old 10-19-2010, 05:49 PM   #1
WTF
1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future

1TUFFTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Dumont Dunes October 29-31

Hey guys we are going to dumont dunes on holloween weekend oct 29-31. Dirt bikes and yotas! We go every year its a blast!
Old 10-19-2010, 09:28 PM   #2
yfz450admirer is on a distinguished road
yfz450admirer's Tacoma Gallery
Do you need to have a flag to run the dunes in a truck? I would like to run with another truck this time out at the dunes. I will be over by number 5. Where are you parking? PM me your cel.
Old 10-21-2010, 03:22 AM   #3
FoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kristin
FoxySandChick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yfz450admirer View Post
Do you need to have a flag to run the dunes in a truck? I would like to run with another truck this time out at the dunes. I will be over by number 5. Where are you parking? PM me your cel.
Yes, you have to have a flag on a truck while in the dunes.
Old 10-21-2010, 03:23 AM   #4
FoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

We will be there...ltr450, yfz450 and a purple Funco sandrail...no tacoma this time.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:09 PM   #5
WTF
1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future

Yes on the flag they are cheap... ill be in my truck and I'm bring my crf 450 of course
Old 10-22-2010, 08:16 PM   #6
WTF

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxySandChick View Post
We will be there...ltr450, yfz450 and a purple Funco sandrail...no tacoma this time.
Well that doesnt help well maybe the funco rail! Ha ha
Old 10-23-2010, 01:48 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFTRD View Post
Well that doesnt help well maybe the funco rail! Ha ha
Ok, we will also have a tan chevy duramax and a 30ft weekend warrior....lol not like there isn't 100 of that combination out there .

We camp down towards the end of the front side of the 1st finger dune, closest restroom is #3.

Yup, purple Funco with a Honda flag. Most of the time I'm following it on the LTR.
Old 10-23-2010, 01:46 PM   #8
WTF

Badass Rail! I will be me in my yota and a older blue dodge diesel with a 24 foot (no idea what brand starts with an A) toy hauler and im 80% sure we are rolling out thursday maybe some other random people!
Old 10-24-2010, 10:49 AM   #9
WTF

Bored at work bump......
Old 10-26-2010, 03:44 AM   #10

We will be there friday evening through sunday evening.

We are going next for Thanksgiving, wed- sun.
Old 10-26-2010, 05:13 PM   #11
WTF

Maybe we can camp close to your group! We are just a small group we are gonna try and go thanksgiving also! What can I say we are dune goons
Old 10-27-2010, 03:37 AM   #12

Quote:
Maybe we can camp close to your group! We are just a small group we are gonna try and go thanksgiving also! What can I say we are dune goons
Lots of open areas before the 1st finger dune, we use to camp between the 2 fingers and it just got too crowded and crazy in there. Most our friends still camp in a large group near bathroom 6, bunch of good people in there. They just party more than we like, we are pretty boring lol.

There is also a meet and greet on saturdays at 2pm at the South pole...if you don't know where the south pole is, it's not south lol. It's directly opposite of the north pole, just follow the back straight away from the north pole towards the highway.
Or go over the little dunes behind (as your facing comp hill) comp hill and turn left (westish) once you get to the flats. There is a pole with a mailbox to collect letters that get sent to military members overseas.
There is usually a nice fast paced dune run from the south pole to the north pole after the meet up, just depends on the size of the crowd and who wants to go, just watch for them to start heading out. Sandrail lead, bikes and quads follow if they can keep up! Anyone is welcome.

Check out DumontDuneRiders.com, lots of cool people there and lots of douche bags just like any other forum lol.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:25 AM   #13
WTF

Did you say party ha ha... been goin to Dumont more than 5 years and just found out about the south pole last year! Saturday at 2 sounds fun. So you are camping in the first finger near bathroom 3 ?
Old 10-28-2010, 02:17 AM   #14

Quote:
Did you say party ha ha... been goin to Dumont more than 5 years and just found out about the south pole last year! Saturday at 2 sounds fun. So you are camping in the first finger near bathroom 3 ?
You looking for the party camp, it's near bathroom 6 between the fingers.

We camp in a quiet area around #3...not sure till we get there really cause some people in our group will be there before us and pick the spot.

I'm thinking it won't be very crowded this Halloween due to the economy, a lot of our friends aren't going. But it's always nicer to ride when the crowds are small.

Yup, there is always a meet and greet 2pm saturdays on holiday weekends.

Do you know about the Poker Run? It's Nov 13th this year.
Old 10-28-2010, 08:41 AM   #15
WTF

Yeah a lot of our friends our missing this trip. Sucks! Can't do the poker run and thanksgiving , gotta mortgage to pay... ha ha! Well maybe we will see you out there! Leaving in a hour or so!
Old 10-28-2010, 09:10 PM   #16
I will be between 9 and 10 on Friday and Saturday.
Old 10-29-2010, 06:45 PM   #18
WTF

Badass! We are here near bathroom 3 up against the dune

Quote:
Originally Posted by yfz450admirer View Post
I will be between 9 and 10 on Friday and Saturday.
Old 10-31-2010, 06:28 PM   #19
The dunes were great. My Tacoma did pretty well. I pulled out an Explorer that was deep into the dunes. It is kind of sketchy going deep into the dunes without any other vehicles. I saw some Jeep Cherokees that were tearing up the dunes, not holding anything back.
Old 11-02-2010, 05:23 AM   #20

Quote:
Badass! We are here near bathroom 3 up against the dune
Were you in one of those noisy camps??

We were near that area, but there were a lot of camps all cramped in together. We had trouble finding our own camp sometimes!