Notices

Smokey Mountains weekend trip with the Wife

Old 10-29-2010, 06:37 AM   #1
Jreays is on a distinguished road
Firefighter: Firefighter 2/EMT-B
Name: Jeremy
Jreays's Tacoma Gallery
Smokey Mountains weekend trip with the Wife

I am trying to plan a little weekend trip to Gatlinburg with my wife. Looking at getting a little cabin in the mountains. I know they have some scenic drives around the area but does anyone know of some trails that only 4x4s could drive. I'm not looking for anything crazy. Also... does anyone have any lodging suggestions?

Thanks!
Old 10-29-2010, 06:40 AM   #2
If it flies it dies!!
duckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
duckcmdr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jreays View Post
I am trying to plan a little weekend trip to Gatlinburg with my wife. Looking at getting a little cabin in the mountains. I know they have some scenic drives around the area but does anyone know of some trails that I only people with 4x4 could drive. I'm not looking for anything crazy. Also... does anyone have any lodging suggestions?

Thanks!

Not sure about trails.

Try cabinfever for the cabin they are sweet.
http://www.cabinfevervacations.com/
Old 10-29-2010, 06:48 AM   #3
Jreays's Tacoma Gallery
The cabinfever cabins do look nice! I like the one with the theater! Have to have the hot tub and jacuzzi to!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckcmdr View Post
Not sure about trails.

Try cabinfever for the cabin they are sweet.
http://www.cabinfevervacations.com/
Old 10-29-2010, 06:53 AM   #4
10PreRunner will become famous soon enough10PreRunner will become famous soon enough
Name: Kevin
10PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
I live not far from Gatlinburg in Knoxville and don't know of any trails up that way. There might be some rough logging trails but nothing to exciting. I hope this helps. Have a safe trip.
Old 10-29-2010, 06:53 AM   #5
If it flies it dies!!
duckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
duckcmdr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jreays View Post
The cabinfever cabins do look nice! I like the one with the theater! Have to have the hot tub and jacuzzi to!

I stayed five days down there in a cabin it was great!! Nice views off the deck while sitting in the hot tub.
Old 10-29-2010, 06:55 AM   #6
Jreays's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the insider info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10PreRunner View Post
I live not far from Gatlinburg in Knoxville and don't know of any trails up that way. There might be some rough logging trails but nothing to exciting. I hope this helps. Have a safe trip.
Old 10-29-2010, 02:27 PM   #7
daggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nice
daggertats's Tacoma Gallery
go to pigeonforge.com web site. they got a load of listings for any kind of accomodation you need. cabins usa is one place ive used in the past,ive also known people to use fireside chalets.
Old 10-30-2010, 11:58 AM   #8
JML50 has much to be proud ofJML50 has much to be proud ofJML50 has much to be proud ofJML50 has much to be proud ofJML50 has much to be proud ofJML50 has much to be proud ofJML50 has much to be proud ofJML50 has much to be proud ofJML50 has much to be proud of

JML50's Tacoma Gallery
Cades Cove is pretty cool. Go early in the morning or in the early evening and may see some wildlife. Not really wheeling but a nice drive.
Old 10-30-2010, 12:15 PM   #9
bishes love my haircut
Gr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Gr8WhiteTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Gr8WhiteTaco
Yeah I don't know of any 4x4 trails up there. Cades cove is def a must. Dollywood is really nice this time of year. I wish I could remember the company that owned the cabin i Stayed at a few years ago. It had an indoor pool, hot tub, pool table and everythig you'd want. Here's the one we stayed at its called Victoria's Other Secret from Timber Tops Cabins:http://www.vacation-cabin-rental.com...ps-cabins.html
Old 10-30-2010, 12:23 PM   #10
bishes love my haircut
Gr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Gr8WhiteTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Gr8WhiteTaco
http://www.yourcabin.com/715VictoriasOtherSecret.aspx
There's the actual site for the company