Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Airing up your tires

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-14-2010, 06:29 AM   #1
MadeInMaine
MadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Owen
MadeInMaine's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MadeInMaine
Airing up your tires

Hey fellas,

so I just wanted to know what units you all use when you go off roading, and have to drop the PSI in your tires.

What do you use to pump them up?

if there is a thread I missed, by all means, post that link.

Cheers
Old 11-14-2010, 06:35 AM   #2
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
I use my OBA, which consists of air compressor, tank, hoses. I think most people just carefully go to the next gas station.
Old 11-14-2010, 06:56 AM   #3
MadeInMaine
MadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
is that something that you can take in and out of your truck?
Old 11-14-2010, 06:59 AM   #4
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
No. My tank is mounted under the bed. I have one hose going from the tank to inside the cab and another hose that goes from the tank to the small box in the bed.
Old 11-14-2010, 07:02 AM   #5
MadeInMaine

EMS:
roger... i guess i was hoping for something more portable, so i could remove it after the offroading trip
Old 11-14-2010, 07:11 AM   #6
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
try on of the like sears pancake compressors....they plug into the bed outlet
Old 11-14-2010, 07:18 AM   #7

S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCaron View Post
roger... i guess i was hoping for something more portable, so i could remove it after the offroading trip
You can make it anyway you want. I wanted a more permanent system.

Also there are CO2 systems that are just tanks and I hear they last a good while before you have to re-fill them.
Here is a very popular brand: http://www.powertank.com/
Old 11-14-2010, 07:39 AM   #8
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

whats it cost to fill a tank???
Old 11-14-2010, 07:57 AM   #9
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalguyracing View Post
whats it cost to fill a tank???
Between $10 and $25 depending on size.
Old 11-14-2010, 08:07 AM   #10
BIG DADDY

dam thats not bad at all.....saw richs setup this weekend sweet n simple
and you could always cool your beer down quick in a pinch....as well
Old 11-14-2010, 08:08 AM   #11
Admiral of the JOLLY ROGER navy
micropiper is a splendid one to beholdmicropiper is a splendid one to beholdmicropiper is a splendid one to beholdmicropiper is a splendid one to beholdmicropiper is a splendid one to beholdmicropiper is a splendid one to beholdmicropiper is a splendid one to behold

Name: damion
micropiper's Tacoma Gallery
I use a masterflow mv50 portable compressor. Have mine mounted on passenger front wheelwell under hood. They are between 60 and 80 bucks . They come with everything you need. Had mine for 2 years and its never failed me. Can provide pics if interested.
Old 11-14-2010, 08:09 AM   #12
BIG DADDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by micropiper View Post
I use a masterflow mv50 portable compressor. Have mine mounted on passenger front wheelwell under hood. They are between 60 and 80 bucks . They come with everything you need. Had mine for 2 years and its never failed me. Can provide pics if interested.
Old 11-14-2010, 04:18 PM   #13
Admiral of the JOLLY ROGER navy
micropiper is a splendid one to beholdmicropiper is a splendid one to beholdmicropiper is a splendid one to beholdmicropiper is a splendid one to beholdmicropiper is a splendid one to beholdmicropiper is a splendid one to beholdmicropiper is a splendid one to behold

Name: damion
micropiper's Tacoma Gallery
couple of the compessor

power wires zip tied above radiator

simple terminals at the battery

I made my own mounting plate for it. I had it in my cab for about 6 mos. but I needed the space so I put it under the hood.
Old 11-14-2010, 04:19 PM   #14
TxPreRunner is on a distinguished road
Name: Karl
TxPreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
I just have a little compressor that plugs into the 12v in the dash. Takes a little while, but it works damn good.
Old 11-14-2010, 04:47 PM   #15
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxPreRunner View Post
I just have a little compressor that plugs into the 12v in the dash. Takes a little while, but it works damn good.
x2. Easy and cheap. You can pick one of those up at about any advance auto, sears, etc. They take a while to fill up a tire and some of the really cheap ones won't bring a tire up to full pressure but overall not a bad option at all.
Old 11-14-2010, 04:51 PM   #16
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B. View Post
You can make it anyway you want. I wanted a more permanent system.

Also there are CO2 systems that are just tanks and I hear they last a good while before you have to re-fill them.
Here is a very popular brand: http://www.powertank.com/
If you don't mind weight you can get a co2 Steel tank from welding and get a regulator and have the same set up for cheaper. Or get an aluminum tank like this and a pre set regulator

http://www.amazon.com/Aluminum-Tank-.../dp/B0036BJKFG

You can also run an impact gun off it if you need to.
Old 11-14-2010, 04:55 PM   #17
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
check in the second page of my build

Old 11-14-2010, 04:57 PM   #18

S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmrider View Post
check in the second page of my build

I thought about doing that, but didn't want it to have the chance of it hitting a rock.
Old 11-14-2010, 04:58 PM   #19
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
its pretty tucked up in there, Id have to check but I would say Im going to crush my exhaust before I hit that tank, just from the picture it doesnt look like that,
Old 11-14-2010, 05:07 PM   #20
MountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bryan
MountainEarth's Tacoma Gallery
The MV-50s are great. Just alligator clip it to the battery (the ones that plug into the cig lighter are much slower .. direct clip to battery gives more power).

http://amzn.com/B000BM8RT8

Products Discussed in this Thread