Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

4 Peaks - AZ (pics)

Old 12-12-2010, 09:06 PM   #1
CaptMorgan has a brilliant futureCaptMorgan has a brilliant futureCaptMorgan has a brilliant futureCaptMorgan has a brilliant futureCaptMorgan has a brilliant futureCaptMorgan has a brilliant futureCaptMorgan has a brilliant futureCaptMorgan has a brilliant futureCaptMorgan has a brilliant futureCaptMorgan has a brilliant futureCaptMorgan has a brilliant future
CaptMorgan's Tacoma Gallery
4 Peaks - AZ (pics)

Finally got around to checking out 4 Peaks off hwy 87.
Awesome trail, was really happy to have found it. The trail is not to far from my home and the scenery was amazing. Perfect trail for me since I like being able to go kinda fast, not the crawling type. Just purchased some coilovers today, can't wait to get them in and go back.

Here is a Google Map

Couple pics

Old 12-13-2010, 06:38 AM   #2
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
I was just there a few weeks ago, nice time of year for it! What shocks did u yet? Toytec? That's what I'm running.

Mike
Old 12-13-2010, 06:54 AM   #3
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
Great trail !!
Old 12-13-2010, 07:00 AM   #4
CaptMorgan has a brilliant futureCaptMorgan has a brilliant futureCaptMorgan has a brilliant futureCaptMorgan has a brilliant futureCaptMorgan has a brilliant futureCaptMorgan has a brilliant futureCaptMorgan has a brilliant futureCaptMorgan has a brilliant futureCaptMorgan has a brilliant futureCaptMorgan has a brilliant futureCaptMorgan has a brilliant future
Do you know of any other trails similar to 4 peaks? Aside from this and some running around in the desert, the only other trail I have been on was the one for the Trail Day where like 40 Taco's showed up.

I am picking up the Leeper coilovers (Donahoe design) that are listed in the Buy / Sell / Trade section. Hope all works out with them.

Are you running the toytec shock assembly like the 5100's? I am coming from the stock bilsteins with the OME 884 coils and the small spacer, looking forward to the upgrade
Old 12-13-2010, 07:17 AM   #5
Ive got tiger blood
0BlackTaco6 is a splendid one to behold0BlackTaco6 is a splendid one to behold0BlackTaco6 is a splendid one to behold0BlackTaco6 is a splendid one to behold0BlackTaco6 is a splendid one to behold0BlackTaco6 is a splendid one to behold0BlackTaco6 is a splendid one to behold

0BlackTaco6's Tacoma Gallery
i went to AZ for the first time in May. Im from NH myself dont have scenery like that around here. Although I never got to 4 peaks itself, I saw it from a distance and it was my favorite piece of scenery Ive ever seen. Wish I could get my Taco out there.
Old 12-13-2010, 03:15 PM   #6
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Just starting to get out more myself.......recently did Table mesa Road and it was pretty cool. Seems like lots of places to explore out there. Check out the book "AZ Backroads & 4-Wheel Drive Trails". It's got everything from easy to hardcore. Want to get to Sedona at some point too. Will be in Tucson this weekend and I'm looking at Chimney Rock off Redington Rd. Back way seems easier then main route. I'll post some pics!

Checkout the AZ section for more ideas!

Mike
Old 12-14-2010, 06:38 PM   #7
Definitely going to pick up that book next time I see it. Think Desert Rat carries them

If you go into Strawberry and at the main intersection go left, take that out and there are some nice trails. You can get down to the Verde river and there are even hot springs, fun little trip
Old 12-14-2010, 06:48 PM   #8
Chewie is my Co-pilot
YumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
YumaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
you went off roading and didnt invite us!?!?!?!?!
theres fun trails very close to home, but its best to go with at least another truck for safety.
lets go try out the coilovers soon
Old 12-14-2010, 07:27 PM   #9

Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks man, i'll have to check out the hot spings. I'd be willing to hit up some trails. Pretty new to offroading and looking forward to exploring more!
Old 12-14-2010, 07:43 PM   #10
AZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
AZBACKCOUNTRY's Tacoma Gallery
Try the queen valley rd up to Rogers trough.you can make a loop back to us 60. Close by moderate 4x4 trail. Did u see any deer or critters up there? Nice pics!

Azbackcountry
Old 12-14-2010, 08:32 PM   #11
Chris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Chris
Chris(NJ)'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptMorgan View Post
Finally got around to checking out 4 Peaks off hwy 87.
Awesome trail, was really happy to have found it. The trail is not to far from my home and the scenery was amazing. Perfect trail for me since I like being able to go kinda fast, not the crawling type. Just purchased some coilovers today, can't wait to get them in and go back.

Here is a Google Map

Couple pics

Awesome man! Thats definitely a fun spot.... I took pics in these same exact spots, lol.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:42 PM   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by yumatrd View Post
you went off roading and didnt invite us!?!?!?!?!
theres fun trails very close to home, but its best to go with at least another truck for safety.
lets go try out the coilovers soon
I'm totally down. I cannot wait to get these coilovers in :-)
Just need to find somewhere to do it, my buddys garage has been decommissioned until Mid January since he is the process of moving :-(

Don't think I will make it that long having parts in hand lol
Old 12-16-2010, 08:47 AM   #13
DesertRatOffroad is on a distinguished road

DesertRatOffroad's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Captmorgan, Chris at Desert Rat here, yes we have a couple of trail books available that have alot of good trails. Here are some pics of my 4Runner at 4 peaks. Nice trail, you should also check out the Montana mountain trail. Let me know if you want one of these books, I work at the Tempe location, 480-838-7800.
Attached Thumbnails
4 Peaks - AZ (pics)-four-peaks-2010-006.jpg   4 Peaks - AZ (pics)-four-peaks-2010-009.jpg  
Old 12-16-2010, 09:54 AM   #14
DesertRatOffroad is on a distinguished road

DesertRatOffroad's Tacoma Gallery
By the way, we also offer full install and can take care of those coilovers if needed. Call me for install price.
Old 12-16-2010, 04:18 PM   #15
Yotas For Life!
06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
06RedComa's Tacoma Gallery
You should try 4 peaks out when it snows, and montana mountain is fun just be ready for a nice water crossing if you go after a bunch of rain or when the snow melts up north
Old 12-16-2010, 06:18 PM   #16
Nice pics there Chris. Always liked the looks of the 4Runner with the headlights and grill like yours.

Where is Montana mountain, first time I have heard of it. Im just rocking the 2wd so mud and snow probably arent my thing lol
Old 12-16-2010, 06:47 PM   #17
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
Heading out there with my friend and one or two of his buddies ( Jeep guys cough ) on Sunday, Sunday, Sunday.

I have been twice before with Oliver leading once and by myself and the wife once, lost the trail and had to turn back when we went lonesome.

Have a map and folks that know the way this time!!!!
Old 12-16-2010, 06:49 PM   #18
Yotas For Life!
06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Take the 60 to Queen Valley road just pass florence junction and turn left if coming from the valley, go right on hewitt station road, on to gravel, and then left on FS 172, cross queen creek and you're there! Nice trail, its a lot like 4 peaks in time and terrain and will take you up into some nice pines. There is also a cool stone house off the trail that you can drive back to and check out
Old 12-17-2010, 04:37 AM   #19
AZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
AZBACKCOUNTRY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Take the 60 to Queen Valley road just pass florence junction and turn left if coming from the valley, go right on hewitt station road, on to gravel, and then left on FS 172, cross queen creek and you're there! Nice trail, its a lot like 4 peaks in time and terrain and will take you up into some nice pines. There is also a cool stone house off the trail that you can drive back to and check out
The View from up top- Spectacular!

Old 12-17-2010, 11:40 AM   #20
Yotas For Life!

Here is a pic from the house along the trail of Montana Mountain