Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

How should I paint my All-Pro Rear Bumper?

Old 12-13-2010, 10:56 AM   #1
Beeson is just really niceBeeson is just really niceBeeson is just really niceBeeson is just really nice

EMS:
Name: Ryan
Beeson's Tacoma Gallery
How should I paint my All-Pro Rear Bumper?

My bumper just got into the shop and I need to call the guy back ASAP and tell him how I want it painted. I'm getting this bumper for free, he used insurance because it is the same price as OEM (cheaper actually with the TW GB discount), so I highly recommend people remember that if insurance ever gets you a new rear bumper. I would think I would want it powdercoated for wheeling, but I just want to check with everyone in case anyone had any better ideas. Also, what do you think it would cost to have it powdercoated or whatever you suggest (not that I'm complaining, haha)?
Old 12-13-2010, 11:08 AM   #2
do w3rk!
deadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

deadbolt's Tacoma Gallery
i vote powdercoat. holds up real good and i believe is cheaper than getting it professionally painted.
Old 12-13-2010, 01:26 PM   #3
stroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
stroM-'s Tacoma Gallery
Powder coating is a pretty good option for long term durability.

If you want to be able to touch it up from rock rash, etc then rattle can is the way to go!

Old 12-13-2010, 01:35 PM   #4
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Something like this:
Old 12-13-2010, 02:00 PM   #5
DueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
DueNorth's Tacoma Gallery
If your actually going to use the bumper for its intended purpose, then rattle can is the way to go. Powder coating is nice and durable but the moment that bumper touches some rocks, touching it up is a pain and the getting the color to match probably wont happen.
Old 12-13-2010, 11:30 PM   #8
McGrubber
woody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Blacksheep of the DOD
Name: Beau
woody6047's Tacoma Gallery
I just did Linex i believe it will hold up well, and its fairly cheap just takes a few minutes to do it.

Old 12-14-2010, 04:59 PM   #11
Hogzilla is on a distinguished road
Name: Michael
Hogzilla's Tacoma Gallery
Black.