1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

All Pro rear with side pieces... line-x?

Discussion in 'Off-Roading & Trails' started by TheHansen, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Dec 16, 2010 at 9:07 AM
    TheHansen

TheHansen [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Mattapoisett, MA
    Vehicle:
    05 DC Sport
    dtrl mod Fog light mod Bed lights Under hood lights Rear window decals tint matched front windows Rear dif breather mod weathertech floor mats Bed mat Scan gauge 5100's and 885's lean spacer 1.5 in aal, 1" block and OME rear shocks Dynomax muffler (weld in) Truxedo lo pro qt bed cover Devil horn Emblem Plasti dip badges plasti dip radio plasti dip ac control all pro rear bumper with side pieces All pro front bumper All pro bolt on sliders illuminated 4x4 switch JBA long tube headers URD o2 Sim
    I got a Quote for $150 to have my all pro bumper with side pieces coated with line-x. Has any one done this with the side pieces of this bumper? Ive looked around but only seen the bumper with line-x without side pieces. I'm concerned with what the clearance will be between the body and the side pieces, because i've heard line-x is pretty thick. Any one have any insight on this?

Also i got a quote for powder coat and they said it would be anywhere from $250-$300 depending on the metals condition (because of how much prep work i assume)

2. Dec 16, 2010 at 9:29 AM
    TheHansen

Member:
    Mattapoisett, MA
    Vehicle:
    05 DC Sport
    dtrl mod Fog light mod Bed lights Under hood lights Rear window decals tint matched front windows Rear dif breather mod weathertech floor mats Bed mat Scan gauge 5100's and 885's lean spacer 1.5 in aal, 1" block and OME rear shocks Dynomax muffler (weld in) Truxedo lo pro qt bed cover Devil horn Emblem Plasti dip badges plasti dip radio plasti dip ac control all pro rear bumper with side pieces All pro front bumper All pro bolt on sliders illuminated 4x4 switch JBA long tube headers URD o2 Sim
    I doubt the bumper will ever come in contact with anything... i offroad, but there isn't anything extreme near me, since i live in Massachusetts.

I was initially going to use the rustoleum bed liner stuff in a can, but i have read mixed reviews about it on here.

The powercoat is too expensive for me anyways

3. Dec 16, 2010 at 10:07 AM
    TheHansen

Member:
    Mattapoisett, MA
    Vehicle:
    05 DC Sport
    doing it myself is beginning to look better and better. I might just stick to rattle can, because i painted a set of rims on my old Dakota, and they held up great.

Products Discussed in

To Top