Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Help finding trails?

Old 12-19-2010, 07:12 PM   #1
Paint me back in Wyoming again...
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Help finding trails?

I'm looking at taking a job transfer and moving to Lander, WY. The town is situated near the base of the Wind River mountain range. I can't seem to find anything that mentions good off-roading trails in the area. The BLM site has a map for ATVs but that looks to be about it. Any help?
Old 12-19-2010, 07:19 PM   #2
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Jason'sLawnCare's Tacoma Gallery
I use google maps and look for the forests in green letters. The google the forests name and try to find the pdf with the maps. It will usually say what is and isn't allowed. Many of the forests will probably be just simple fire roads but it's all part of exploring.

You could also see if any of these are close by
http://www.offroadnorthamerica.com/parks.asp#WY
Old 12-19-2010, 10:28 PM   #3
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
There are trails and roads all over Lander and the Windrivers. Make sure to check out the sinks near town. Lander is beautiful I'm very jealous, but you should know that coming from Torrington. Plenty of areas on the other side too, near Big Sandy and South Pass all the way up towards Pinedale.

I have the DeLORME Wyoming Gazetteer and it's showing quite a few fire and unimproved roads all throughout the Shoshone Nat't Forest and just outside Lander. If you don't have this map book, I highly recommend picking it up. Also, if there is an outdoors/sporting goods store you might ask them about some local trails.

Maybe check out some of the trails mentioned here:
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=789680

Lastly, maybe you could meet up with this guy from the ExPo.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/member.php?u=10
Old 12-20-2010, 07:37 AM   #4
Paint me back in Wyoming again...
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome info! Thanks
Old 12-21-2010, 04:27 AM   #5
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
No problem.

I think you can find the map in the automotive/tire section of walmart. Maybe...?