Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Epic Baja Off Road Trip with 4 Toyotas + 2 web page

Old 12-28-2010, 08:41 PM   #1
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Epic Baja Off Road Trip with 4 Toyotas + 2 web page

I just made a web page to display the wild off road trip to Mision Santa Maria made with HB Murphy, myself, and 4 other vehicles. This trip was over Memorial Day weekend, 2010... Enjoy! The web page contains photos and maps, not posted here on TW before.

http://community-2.webtv.net/vivabaja/msm2010/

(This is a temp. url, when changed a link will be provided)

Sample:

Old 12-28-2010, 08:48 PM   #2
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Damn David, that is some wickedly fun stuff you guys went thru, I can see how your rear bumper turned into a pretzel !!! Great pics !!!
Old 12-28-2010, 09:02 PM   #3
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
It was awesome... I put links on the last page to the 3 previous trips in to the mission... see them. The 'road' get tougher each time. The water was deepest this time and is why I did the rear differential breather mod when I got back!!!
Old 12-28-2010, 09:52 PM   #4
Crankey Old Yacht Jockey
Timber has a brilliant futureTimber has a brilliant futureTimber has a brilliant futureTimber has a brilliant futureTimber has a brilliant futureTimber has a brilliant futureTimber has a brilliant futureTimber has a brilliant futureTimber has a brilliant futureTimber has a brilliant futureTimber has a brilliant future

Name: Tim
Timber's Tacoma Gallery
Very Nice !!!
Old 12-29-2010, 07:24 AM   #6

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks! Baja is all about adventure... for us, it is the final frontier!!!
Old 12-29-2010, 04:43 PM   #7
in2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 4/27th FA... MLRS.... Wertheim Germany
Name: James
in2nite's Tacoma Gallery
Epic!!!! great pics..
Old 12-29-2010, 05:21 PM   #10
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
Location: Wisconsin, Hawaii, California, North Carolina...everywhere
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

aSeeing more of HBMurphy's Shrockworks bumper makes me want one more and more!
Old 12-29-2010, 05:33 PM   #11
06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
06HAOLE's Tacoma Gallery
I will be on all those trips when I finally get to Camp Pendleton.
Old 12-29-2010, 05:42 PM   #12
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
Location: Wisconsin, Hawaii, California, North Carolina...everywhere
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06HAOLE View Post
Count me in as well! April can't come any sooner! Hey we need a passport to get into Mexico now right?
Old 12-29-2010, 06:11 PM   #14

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGrimm View Post
Count me in as well! April can't come any sooner! Hey we need a passport to get into Mexico now right?
Technically yes... or a passport card (North American card)...

However, it is the discretion of the officer at the border to accept your word and at least a birth cirtificate and driver's license, as identification. He may send you to secondary if he believes the ID is not valid to further ascertain your citizenship and indentity.

The bottom line is they cannot keep an American out of America... A passport greatly speeds up the process of making sure you are an American!

Our 25 y/o son was pitting at the Baja 1000 last month... and he does not yet have his passport... but had his birth certificate and photo ID... and there was no problem for him crossing back north at Calexico.
Old 12-29-2010, 06:12 PM   #15

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 757southpaw View Post
That was a great read and good pictures to boot. Thanks for sharing!
You are welcome!

BAJA is awesome!
Old 12-29-2010, 06:13 PM   #16

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06HAOLE View Post
I live just a couple miles from the back gate at Camp Pendleton, here in Oceanside... I will be happy to 'dial-you-in' for a Baja trip!
Old 12-29-2010, 08:40 PM   #17
06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
06HAOLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by David K View Post
I live just a couple miles from the back gate at Camp Pendleton, here in Oceanside... I will be happy to 'dial-you-in' for a Baja trip!
Old 12-29-2010, 08:57 PM   #18
HungarianDave will become famous soon enough

HungarianDave's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by David K View Post
I just made a web page to display the wild off road trip to Mision Santa Maria made with HB Murphy, myself, and 4 other vehicles. This trip was over Memorial Day weekend, 2010... Enjoy! The web page contains photos and maps, not posted here on TW before.

http://community-2.webtv.net/vivabaja/msm2010/

(This is a temp. url, when changed a link will be provided)

Sample:

love it!
Old 12-29-2010, 09:59 PM   #19

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Great...!
Old 01-07-2011, 07:31 AM   #20
I rather be wheelin'
ChrisInVT is a jewel in the roughChrisInVT is a jewel in the roughChrisInVT is a jewel in the rough

Name: Capt'n Awesome
ChrisInVT's Tacoma Gallery
That custom GMC motorhome is AWESOME