Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Off-Roading with your dog!

Old 01-09-2011, 08:37 PM   #1
T-REX
ninorth is a splendid one to beholdninorth is a splendid one to beholdninorth is a splendid one to beholdninorth is a splendid one to beholdninorth is a splendid one to beholdninorth is a splendid one to beholdninorth is a splendid one to beholdninorth is a splendid one to behold

Name: Nick
ninorth's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to ninorth Send a message via Yahoo to ninorth
Off-Roading with your dog!

Does anyone Off-Road with their dogs? I have a new dog 6 months old. I took him off-road for the first time today and he puked twice. Do they ever get used to it? Or should I give up being him?
Old 01-09-2011, 08:39 PM   #2
The Welfare Cadilac
Max-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Max-4_Yota's Tacoma Gallery
Our dog took a crap in my dads old truck once when they went to town. Shes never been anywhere since.
Old 01-09-2011, 08:40 PM   #3
Someone didnt put the tailgate down!
THROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
THROUGHITALLDUDE's Tacoma Gallery
motion sickness my 1 year old german shep. throws up everytime i give him a ride around town
Old 01-09-2011, 08:42 PM   #4
Rainman998 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainman998 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainman998 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainman998 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainman998 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainman998 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainman998 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainman998 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainman998 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainman998 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainman998 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0331/1391
Rainman998's Tacoma Gallery
I took my 3 year old Lab and my new 6 month old Lab on Tuesday and they were fine. I have never had problems but my parent's dog used to get sick. It took him a while to get him used to it. They started with long car trips. Their vet said sometimes it can just be anxiety.
Old 01-09-2011, 08:48 PM   #5
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
My golden retriever loves going wheelin with me.

Going for rides in the truck is one of his favorite things to do.

Old 01-09-2011, 08:49 PM   #6
Artificial Intelligence beats natural stupidity
easyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
easyeatlanta's Tacoma Gallery
my golden retriever is chill but he usually realizes that he is going to the vet then he starts to freaks but when he gets out he cant get to the truck fast enough
Old 01-09-2011, 08:57 PM   #7
T-REX
ninorth is a splendid one to beholdninorth is a splendid one to beholdninorth is a splendid one to beholdninorth is a splendid one to beholdninorth is a splendid one to beholdninorth is a splendid one to beholdninorth is a splendid one to beholdninorth is a splendid one to behold

Name: Nick
ninorth's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to ninorth Send a message via Yahoo to ninorth
My dog lived at the pound his whole life until a week ago. Maybe I will take him on shorter off road trips till he gets used to it..
Old 01-09-2011, 09:02 PM   #8
CaptMorgan has a brilliant futureCaptMorgan has a brilliant futureCaptMorgan has a brilliant futureCaptMorgan has a brilliant futureCaptMorgan has a brilliant futureCaptMorgan has a brilliant futureCaptMorgan has a brilliant futureCaptMorgan has a brilliant futureCaptMorgan has a brilliant futureCaptMorgan has a brilliant futureCaptMorgan has a brilliant future
CaptMorgan's Tacoma Gallery
Ironic thread to post

I just got a dog from my mom that she rescued. She is about a 5 hour drive from me and he didn't take the trip so well, having various orifices leak on the ride over.

I am really hoping he can become a good travel pet. Happy somebody mention anxiety, he was new to her and we don't know how many times he has been in a vehicle before.

To dig a little deeper into the title, for people whose dogs don't get sick normally, how do your dogs take offroading?
Old 01-09-2011, 09:09 PM   #9
Alaskan Assassin
907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bobby
907taco's Tacoma Gallery
thats normal, make sure you open window for good air flow, motion sickness is key, once they get used to riding and get more comfortable they will get over it, "remember when driving that you have a dog in your truck" so go easy around corners and especially starting and stopping.
Old 01-09-2011, 09:10 PM   #10
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Mine used to get sick just traveling around town. After about third ride she was fine
Old 01-09-2011, 09:11 PM   #11
Bmxcast00 is a name known to allBmxcast00 is a name known to allBmxcast00 is a name known to allBmxcast00 is a name known to allBmxcast00 is a name known to allBmxcast00 is a name known to all

Name: Raymond
Bmxcast00's Tacoma Gallery
my 9 month old husky does well with everything from a drive to the store to a 2 hour drive on winding roads. but my old basset hound would barf just going down to the corner. maybe its a breed thing.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:42 AM   #13
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Jaeger rides in the bed of the truck everywhere I go. He always goes wheeling with me. Rain or Shine. He loves it.

Old 01-10-2011, 11:49 AM   #14
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
well the first time i took my roti out on the boat jumped the first wave and he crapped all over the place......
after that trip he never had any problems again......he would hold his head over the side and eat the waves of the side of the boat..........
good luck

rip scooby
Old 01-10-2011, 09:55 PM   #15
Swab
LBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant future

Name: Winter
LBPtaco's Tacoma Gallery
my bull terrier goes in the truck all the time, on road or off he loves it. he sits up front or i let him sit in the back seat when the GF is with me.
no pics of him in the truck, but he knows what to do when we stop...
Old 01-10-2011, 10:08 PM   #16
toytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant future
Name: Jason
toytacoma22's Tacoma Gallery
I'll have to look around I have a picture of my husky sick as shit on porcupine rim in Moab. She did not throw up but she was drooling all over the place and you could tell she was wishing she was dead.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:11 PM   #17
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Read title as "Off Roading with your dong".

All those pictures I was excited to post up are useless now
Old 01-10-2011, 10:13 PM   #18
You think I was rollin out here naked?
ToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MA
ToucanV13's Tacoma Gallery
I had a doberman that would get sick all the time if the ride was over 10min. Started putting him in the bed and he'd claw up the roof and shit all over as well as puke
Old 01-11-2011, 10:36 AM   #19
bass turds
Veccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Veccster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToucanV13 View Post
I had a doberman that would get sick all the time if the ride was over 10min. Started putting him in the bed and he'd claw up the roof and shit all over as well as puke
What a disaster! Safe to say that I would never again bring that dog in the truck with me. When absolutely necessary, I'd get a cage to keep him in so I can just hose it out.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:37 AM   #20
hillbilly ways, outlaw style
Rebeltac is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebeltac is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebeltac is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebeltac is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebeltac is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebeltac is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebeltac is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebeltac is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebeltac is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebeltac is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebeltac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: joby
Rebeltac's Tacoma Gallery
my great dane "Dozer" goes everywhere since he was seven weeks old, never got sick or shit or anything just tried to eat the taco from the inside out

he even drives
Attached Thumbnails
Off-Roading with your dog!-img_0200.jpg