Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

High Desert Wheeling - CO

Old 01-11-2011, 10:19 PM   #1
sooner02r1 is just really nicesooner02r1 is just really nicesooner02r1 is just really nicesooner02r1 is just really nicesooner02r1 is just really nice
sooner02r1's Tacoma Gallery
High Desert Wheeling - CO

I just got back from Colorado where we went snowboarding in the largest winter tourist trap I've ever been to: Breckenridge. Snow and mountain were great, but the douchebag/frat *** levels were high. We did however stop to visit a friend in Alamosa, which is in a flat desert valley that's at 7,000 ft. Pretty awesome. His GMC has Fox mid-travel, and it made me realize 1. how underpowered the Taco is at elevation, and 2. how bad bilstein 5100s suck compared to Fox stuff. My wife even took a turn behind the wheel and scared the crap outta me at 60mph on tight twisty bumpy two-track. The scenery there was gorgeous, but I was driving most of the time, so I only got a few pictures:

Pose with a 14,000ft peak:

My buddy's (random hero on the forums) GMC on Foxes and Methods. Fire gets to run lights and sirens on their private trucks in CO:

And we eventually made it to the destination. From 12,800ft in the clouds, looking down onto Breckenridge:

Old 01-12-2011, 11:00 AM   #2
sooner02r1 is just really nicesooner02r1 is just really nicesooner02r1 is just really nicesooner02r1 is just really nicesooner02r1 is just really nice
Vid of my wife scaring me on the trails:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XWSWmBkAjc?fs=1
Old 01-12-2011, 11:10 AM   #3
Give 'er
wtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
wtbthree's Tacoma Gallery
Nice man, yea Breck can be downright terrible, try out Keystone or A-basin next time you're up here, but looks like you had fun nonetheless
Old 01-12-2011, 11:58 AM   #4
Yeah man I've been to all the Summit county resorts, none of them are my favorite actually, Vail is prob my favorite out of those. Winter Park is another favorite of mine. Will probably hit up Wolf Creek next. I like to steer clear of the crowds, I go to get away from people.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:45 PM   #5
Give 'er
wtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner02r1 View Post
Yeah man I've been to all the Summit county resorts, none of them are my favorite actually, Vail is prob my favorite out of those. Winter Park is another favorite of mine. Will probably hit up Wolf Creek next. I like to steer clear of the crowds, I go to get away from people.
Wolf Creek's a good place to do so. Telluride and Crested Butte are great spots, but expensive to stay
Old 01-14-2011, 11:28 AM   #6
NegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NegroTundra's Tacoma Gallery
Wolf creek for the win! I live just south of there in NM...awesome place and no crowds ever!
Old 01-14-2011, 06:19 PM   #7
Give 'er

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegroTundra View Post
Wolf creek for the win! I live just south of there in NM...awesome place and no crowds ever!
Nice, I'm actually from Taos, just go to school in the Springs, so I've made that trip quite a few times myself
Old 01-14-2011, 06:24 PM   #8
jeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: BM3 1st Div.
Name: Jeff
jeff b's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like fun but why would you want lights or sirens?