Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

San Diego east county Pancake Rock

Old 02-02-2011, 02:11 PM   #21
Must go to Mountains, Desert
Crom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. Sir
Crom's Tacoma Gallery
Doug, thanks for clarifying the location a bit. I think I know where the trail is now. I am sending you a PM with a map I have created and you can tell me if I understand correctly.

This trail looks fun. I like slightly technical trails in my stock Tacoma. I have sliders so I should be good to go.

David, It may be possible for me to do the Tuesday thing.
Old 02-02-2011, 03:22 PM   #22
Must go to Mountains, Desert
Crom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. Sir
Crom's Tacoma Gallery
I found a youtube of a jeep and a chevy doing the pancake rock trail. Doug, not that I ever doubted you, but the video confirms everything you have told us about that trail. Extremely rough trail Also, it appears that after you climb up the trail connects to Forest Route 16S03 which winds its way over to Carveacre Rd and ultimately gets you to Japatul Road which makes for a really nice big loop trail.

I like the video of them climbing up the steep pancake rock feature.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfiPr5Cmi4U

Edit:

For a map, Pancake Rock trail is between points A & C (NOT THE BLUE LINE) in this map,
Old 02-02-2011, 04:27 PM   #23
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Crom,the guy in the jeep on the video you found is the same guy that I followed up it when I went with another member Sean (S B) thats his brother in the jeep...

You have sliders HUGE PLUS, locked or open diff.? going to be tuff without a locker & hate to see you get sideways on that trail cause only way to go is down, the hard way, not trying to discourage you guys just giving you the heads up on what to expect....
Old 02-02-2011, 04:35 PM   #25
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
HI!!!!!! Ya thats me taking most of the video (and the one who fell). I have all the info you may need of how to get there and all of the coordinates of the trail head, the meeting place (That I used and is pictured), and of the end of the trail. Just let me know if you have any questions about it. And the trail is MUCH more difficult now then when the video was taken.
Old 02-02-2011, 04:43 PM   #26
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B. View Post
HI!!!!!! Ya thats me taking most of the video (and the one who fell). I have all the info you may need of how to get there and all of the coordinates of the trail head, the meeting place (That I used and is pictured), and of the end of the trail. Just let me know if you have any questions about it. And the trail is MUCH more difficult now then when the video was taken.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

x2 What he said.. Thanks Sean for responding, hit me up when you get back so's we can hit another trail buddy !~!
Old 02-02-2011, 04:46 PM   #27
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

x2 What he said.. Thanks Sean for responding, hit me up when you get back so's we can hit another trail buddy !~!
I sure will! But it will about 4 months from now.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:11 PM   #29
06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kenney
06rubi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B. View Post
I sure will! But it will about 4 months from now.
No need to be mad, there is plenty wheelin up here! Plus you are closer to Moab where you can spend days on slickrock like that climb.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:39 PM   #30

S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06rubi View Post
No need to be mad, there is plenty wheelin up here! Plus you are closer to Moab where you can spend days on slickrock like that climb.
Not mad about being here. Just how long it is until I can put my new rear suspension in and see family.
Old 02-02-2011, 07:48 PM   #31
06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kenney
06rubi's Tacoma Gallery
I totally get missing the family. If you need help wrenching on your truck let me know I'll be glad to help.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:20 PM   #32
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Quote:
I totally get missing the family. If you need help wrenching on your truck let me know I'll be glad to help.
Nice !! There you go Sean , even in your neck of the woods (for now)

Only on TW, this place rocks !!
Old 02-02-2011, 08:23 PM   #33

S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks for the offer!! I will definitely hit you up if I need any help.

Quote:
Nice !! There you go Sean , even in your neck of the woods (for now)

Only on TW, this place rocks !!
Hel ya!! This place is great!
Old 02-02-2011, 10:33 PM   #34
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Very cool.. looks like San Diego's version of Moab or Rubicon!

Crom, where did you have in mind if I can play Tuesday noon-afternoon?
Old 07-20-2011, 01:03 PM   #35
BmanDad is on a distinguished road
BmanDad's Tacoma Gallery
Is this trail and pancake rock something a bone stock taco OR 4x4 with ATRAC and rear lockers can tackle?
Old 07-20-2011, 01:15 PM   #36
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BmanDad View Post
Is this trail and pancake rock something a bone stock taco OR 4x4 with ATRAC and rear lockers can tackle?

I def. would not recommend any stock 4x do this one , even if lifted I recommend sliders as well.. Despite what you may hear, there are no good lines to follow this rocker panel eating trail up, you pick the best of the worst on this one...
Old 07-20-2011, 02:30 PM   #38
BmanDad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
If alot of this & big pointy rocks sticking up waiting to punch your panels doesn't bug you then enjoy I guess...

Ummm....

Well now then.... LOL

What trails in the area do you recommend for a bone stock Taco? I know there's the otay truck trail... what others?
Old 07-20-2011, 04:05 PM   #40
BmanDad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What exactly are you driving ? It'll make this real simple, & where in SD are you ?
I'm getting a 2011 Taco TRD OR, DC, 4x4 with the locking rear, ATRAC, etc. I'm in Chula Vista.

*thanks for your help, btw