Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

San Diego east county Pancake Rock

Old 04-25-2013, 07:49 PM   #61
Mike330R has much to be proud ofMike330R has much to be proud ofMike330R has much to be proud ofMike330R has much to be proud ofMike330R has much to be proud ofMike330R has much to be proud ofMike330R has much to be proud ofMike330R has much to be proud ofMike330R has much to be proud of

Mike330R's Tacoma Gallery
I'm only doing a rear ARB for now. Should be more than enough.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:56 PM   #62
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike330R View Post
I'm only doing a rear ARB for now. Should be more than enough.
indeed
Old 04-25-2013, 07:56 PM   #63
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike330R View Post
Lots of skinny pedal. Looking forward to trying it again once the locker is installed. Will be headed up in a few weeks for a test run.

This old thread pops up so does mike ..haha so you've been recently ? the start is waay more eroded than i remember but the rest of it hasn't changed much ??
Old 04-25-2013, 07:59 PM   #64
4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Connor
4Running Daily's Tacoma Gallery
Love that trail.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:00 PM   #65
Mike330R has much to be proud ofMike330R has much to be proud ofMike330R has much to be proud ofMike330R has much to be proud ofMike330R has much to be proud ofMike330R has much to be proud ofMike330R has much to be proud ofMike330R has much to be proud ofMike330R has much to be proud of

Mike330R's Tacoma Gallery
The start is more eroded than I remember from a few years back when I had a Chevy. The rest is more eroded but not as bad as the start.

It was a challenge that's for sure, even added my 1st 'dings' on the sliders!

May have been easier if I aired down, guess I was feeling frisky that day
Old 04-25-2013, 08:02 PM   #66
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Old 04-25-2013, 08:10 PM   #67
4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed

A year ago I did this whole trail with no armor and open diffs and made it all the way up.

Anyone have any more recent pictures?
Old 04-25-2013, 08:16 PM   #68
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
I punched my rocker pretty good (small but deep) shit the way my bedsides & BOTH rockers look now I shouldn't care anymore, at least i've got some slides now so feel a little better, I was pretty much stock other than 5100's in front, pretty sure I hadn't done my springs yet, I just remember kinda crazy lines , there wasn't any real line to it , just tire tracks all over the place so that told me ya gotta "pick" your way thru I guess, thats what i did anyway but would love to hit it again tho'..
Old 04-25-2013, 08:21 PM   #69
Mikie is on a distinguished road

Name: Mike
Mikie's Tacoma Gallery
does anyone know if motorcycles are aloud on this trail??? or licensed vehicles only??
Old 04-25-2013, 08:21 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
I punched my rocker pretty good (small but deep) shit the way my bedsides & BOTH rockers look now I shouldn't care anymore, at least i've got some slides now so feel a little better, I was pretty much stock other than 5100's in front, pretty sure I hadn't done my springs yet, I just remember kinda crazy lines , there wasn't any real line to it , just tire tracks all over the place so that told me ya gotta "pick" your way thru I guess, thats what i did anyway but would love to hit it again tho'..
Ya, my rig is pretty darn clean, check my build for a pic.
I think I'll weld on some sliders before I head back up.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:26 PM   #71
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikie View Post
does anyone know if motorcycles are aloud on this trail??? or licensed vehicles only??

Licensed yes, ORoad not street legal no
Old 04-25-2013, 08:43 PM   #72
Banned
Doug im thinking this weekend may net a run over there and check it out
Old 06-24-2013, 02:56 PM   #74
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
Location: Wisconsin, Hawaii, California, North Carolina...everywhere
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Is there a gate that has this trail closed off?
Old 06-24-2013, 03:09 PM   #75
Pelfreybilt Off-Road
Socalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
Socalduckslayer's Tacoma Gallery
Gate gets closed from time to time, I think during fire hazard times and when some yahoos trashed it out last year and had bonfires up there. Gate was open 2 weeks ago.

Contemplating a run there the weekend of the 4th depending on fishing conditions, that may take priority.

Pretty certain I'm going to put together a run there in late July however, as long as its open
Old 06-24-2013, 04:51 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socalduckslayer View Post
Gate gets closed from time to time, I think during fire hazard times and when some yahoos trashed it out last year and had bonfires up there. Gate was open 2 weeks ago.

Contemplating a run there the weekend of the 4th depending on fishing conditions, that may take priority.

Pretty certain I'm going to put together a run there in late July however, as long as its open
I'm currently setting up a run right now in July, let me get the link.

Edit- http://www.fjcforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13134
Old 06-24-2013, 04:55 PM   #77
Pelfreybilt Off-Road
Socalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
Socalduckslayer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Running Daily View Post

Ok great, I vote for 20th, thats when Im thinking. You take the lead on the run. Ill stay tuned, thanks
Old 06-24-2013, 06:13 PM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socalduckslayer View Post
Ok great, I vote for 20th, thats when Im thinking. You take the lead on the run. Ill stay tuned, thanks
Your vote has been counted!
Old 06-24-2013, 06:32 PM   #80
LensCap
92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
92shawman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Running Daily View Post

I'll most likely be in for a run on the 20th, as well. I've been wanting to check this area out.