Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Western KY

Old 01-14-2011, 01:08 PM   #1
arrowthrower is on a distinguished road
Name: Logan
arrowthrower's Tacoma Gallery
Western KY

Anyone from Western KY or around. I also have gone to Turkey Bay several times. It is a great ride. I have also been to Black Mt. in Eastern KY. It is way advanced and great scenery for the women. I have never been to Ride Royal Blue but heard it was great also. Would love to hear some stories/see pics of Kentucky experiences.
Old 01-16-2011, 10:33 AM   #2
No Kentucky boys on here. That is strange. I have seen a lot of nice Tacomas running around here.
Old 01-16-2011, 04:07 PM   #3
gtrotter is a splendid one to beholdgtrotter is a splendid one to beholdgtrotter is a splendid one to beholdgtrotter is a splendid one to beholdgtrotter is a splendid one to beholdgtrotter is a splendid one to beholdgtrotter is a splendid one to beholdgtrotter is a splendid one to behold
gtrotter's Tacoma Gallery
From Henderson, eh? I'm from Indiana, about 40 minutes north of Evansville. You might want to check out Interlake sometime, it's in Lynnville, Indiana. Also, you could check out ttora.com since there is an active group of us down here.
Old 01-17-2011, 08:20 AM   #4
Hey thanks man. I have been to Lynnville about 10 years ago on an ATV. It was pretty good. I have a bunch of buddies that ride in the Toys for Tots ride around Thanksgiving or first of Dec. I will join them next year. You ever rode in that event?
Old 01-17-2011, 08:40 AM   #5
gtrotter is a splendid one to beholdgtrotter is a splendid one to beholdgtrotter is a splendid one to beholdgtrotter is a splendid one to beholdgtrotter is a splendid one to beholdgtrotter is a splendid one to beholdgtrotter is a splendid one to beholdgtrotter is a splendid one to behold
Yeah, I was at the 09 Toys for Tots, but had to work this year. You might have seen my truck running around the Tri-State, it's an 09 white regular cab 4x4, lifted, 33" Km2's on steelies, black toolbox and tint.
Old 01-18-2011, 01:02 PM   #6
Do you have a build on here? I will be updating mine this weekend. I am having the RCD lift installed tomorrow and 33" duratrac with 17x8 Ion 136. Should look good.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:08 PM   #7
Yeah, just look up my posts in my profile, should be one of my recent posts. If all goes well, I will have a highe clearance rear bumper, sliders, and fron bumper within the month.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:23 AM   #8
Wandering But Not Lost
Rattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to behold

Rattler's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure how far it is for you but I got friends up here in MI that go to here a few times a year.

http://www.harlancountytrails.com/blackmountain.php

A good friend of mine that goes has been bugging me to go. He said all the hardcore stuff has bypasses. Weather I make it there is another thing. I am not a huge ORP guy. I would rather trailride and see the sites at say Daniel Boone Forest or something.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:25 AM   #9
Hunter'06FLKY is on a distinguished road

Name: Matt
Hunter'06FLKY's Tacoma Gallery
I've got a ton of family in the Hopkinsville area so I normally make it up that way a few times a year. I want to go to Turkey Bay sometime when I'm up there but I don't know anyone else that has a truck for offroading up that way.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:54 AM   #10
MattN03 is a jewel in the roughMattN03 is a jewel in the roughMattN03 is a jewel in the roughMattN03 is a jewel in the rough

MattN03's Tacoma Gallery
I live about 30 minutes south of Lexington, but I don't do any real off-roading in the Taco. That is what I have two quads for
Old 01-25-2011, 02:48 PM   #11
I have been to Black Mountain. Actually just went in August. It was great. It has great trails that are scenic that go by all the hardcore offroading so you can watch everyone. It also has miles of trails so you can just get lost and see some awesome views. My wife loved. I have a year membership so we will definetly go back. That cabins are also awesome.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:09 PM   #12
comiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

comiesutra's Tacoma Gallery
I would be interested in tagging along, but may not be able to keep up. I will be glad to give it my best shot though. I haven't done more than fire roads above 8000ft in the rockies.
Old 01-27-2011, 05:05 PM   #13
dramey is on a distinguished road
Name: Darren
dramey's Tacoma Gallery
I am from Princeton, KY but live and work in Nicholasville, KY now. My folks still live in WKY so I come down several times a year, mainly in the summer for the lake. I just got a 03' Tacoma 4wd and put mud terrians on, however I am a complete novice when it comes to off-road. I have been wanting to go, but dont know where to start and I dont want to get into anything over my head.
Old 01-27-2011, 05:07 PM   #14
mattcombs is a glorious beacon of lightmattcombs is a glorious beacon of lightmattcombs is a glorious beacon of lightmattcombs is a glorious beacon of lightmattcombs is a glorious beacon of light
Name: matt
mattcombs's Tacoma Gallery
im in southeastern, bout 45mins from black mt
Old 02-02-2011, 09:31 AM   #15
I think we are all novices!! We should setup a time to meet at Turkey bay. I will talk with some folks around here and then post something once i know.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:39 AM   #17
You happen to be a Johnston??? I like what you did with the truck. I haven't seen you either. You trail ride much?
Old 02-03-2011, 08:43 AM   #18
MAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MAXTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I have been to Ride Royal Blue. I took my quad. There were some great trails but most of the trails were just gravel paths so no real skill was required. They did have great views as you climb the mountains. Have you been?
Old 02-03-2011, 08:54 AM   #20
Failure is the result of letting setbacks stop you
MedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
MedlinAround's Tacoma Gallery
Southeastern, KY here Corbin!