Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Snatch strap attachment on stock 1st gen

Old 01-14-2011, 11:13 PM   #1
v1ndictiv3 is a name known to allv1ndictiv3 is a name known to allv1ndictiv3 is a name known to allv1ndictiv3 is a name known to allv1ndictiv3 is a name known to allv1ndictiv3 is a name known to all
v1ndictiv3's Tacoma Gallery
Snatch strap attachment on stock 1st gen

Hello.

So I've tried searching to little avail and now I beg of you to please give me some pointers. My question is: how would you recommend attaching a snatch strap(s) to a stock 1st gen tacoma to pull someone out of mud.

From all the info I've read it seems that one can attach the tow hook for some light/gentle pulling, but for something stickier the tow hooks might get bent. I don't have a hitch on the back so I can't fit a d link there. So, what are you suggestions for attachment points on both front and rear?

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-15-2011, 09:17 AM   #2
v1ndictiv3 is a name known to allv1ndictiv3 is a name known to allv1ndictiv3 is a name known to allv1ndictiv3 is a name known to allv1ndictiv3 is a name known to allv1ndictiv3 is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oplaydamian View Post
is your truck still stuck ? Please post photos
Haha... If it was stuck I'd be busy digging it out and not posting.

This is for future reference, a hypothetical scenario. Perhaps any d links which can bolt on where the factory tow hooks are?
Old 01-15-2011, 10:00 AM   #3
Something like the D ring anchors at the bottom of the page here: http://www.sdori.com/SDORI_Products.html
Old 01-15-2011, 10:04 AM   #4
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Get a damn hitch, I pulled my buddies 1997 F-350 4door longbox out of a 3 foot deep ditch with snow, took about 100 pulls only thing it bent was the stupid ball on the hitch..

Ps. that pig ways 10k+
Old 01-15-2011, 02:51 PM   #5
takern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: marine corps
Name: Tanner
takern's Tacoma Gallery
In a dire situation for the rear you can use the shackles or the axle. just be extra careful with these locations because if you mess somethin up you are probably effed. the front has holes drilled on both left and right sides that are meant to be yanked on. its a tight fit but you can fit a snatch strap in there and loop it around itself. but for the rear you really do need a hitch or stout bumper
Old 01-18-2011, 05:37 PM   #6
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by takern View Post
In a dire situation for the rear you can use the shackles or the axle.
i really don't think you want to do that.