Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

in cab winch control

Old 01-16-2011, 09:06 PM   #1
j83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: joshua
j83soldier's Tacoma Gallery
in cab winch control

I know I have seen it on here but have been searching for an hour and cant find it. I am looking for a detailed write up on how to wire a winch to in-cab control switches. I suck at wiring and was hoping to find a decent write up. My orginal idea was to just run the stock controller from warn through the firewall to an empty switch and call it good but there is no way in hell that fat wire will fit through the firewall. Thanks
Old 01-16-2011, 09:11 PM   #2
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
I wired one up. What kind of winch do you have? I have a Warn M8000

The way I ran it was the 12v to activate the solenoids to a switch first then to momentary on/off double pole double throw switch.

The switch(s). The controller is between the cup holder and 4WD shift lever and the 12v switch is the black switch on the right under the ash tray.
Old 01-16-2011, 09:26 PM   #3
Tim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant future

Air Force: TSgt
Tim A's Tacoma Gallery
Search for barlowrs build
Old 01-16-2011, 09:46 PM   #4
j83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilted Chiken View Post
I wired one up. What kind of winch do you have? I have a Warn M8000

The way I ran it was the 12v to activate the solenoids to a switch first then to momentary on/off double pole double throw switch.

The switch(s). The controller is between the cup holder and 4WD shift lever and the 12v switch is the black switch on the right under the ash tray.
yea I have a warn M8000 do you have a write up on it
Old 01-16-2011, 09:57 PM   #5

Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim A View Post
Search for barlowrs build
found it yea like I said fucking with electrical worries me and because of that I shy away from it, thus suck at it. I am hopping to find a write up that shows step by step. As in taking the selinoid apart, running the wires ect. Thanks though.
Old 01-16-2011, 10:07 PM   #6
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
The good thing is you don't have to take the solenoids apart. You can take the cover off of the controller box and have access to the electrical connections. Let me get on it tomorrow and I can get a writeup for you.
Old 01-17-2011, 06:02 AM   #7
Southern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
Southern01Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Check out 12voltguy.com. He has install kits to wire your winch inside.
click here
Old 01-17-2011, 06:17 AM   #8
Mall Krawler
coppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Travis
coppert's Tacoma Gallery
I was looking into this as well, but ended up going with the Warn wireless controller. So you have the best of both worlds, can control from inside the vehicle or outside when the need arises. Couldn't be happier with the choice.
Old 01-17-2011, 08:41 AM   #9

Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilted Chiken View Post
The good thing is you don't have to take the solenoids apart. You can take the cover off of the controller box and have access to the electrical connections. Let me get on it tomorrow and I can get a writeup for you.
awesome man thanks a million. thats why this site is awesome.