Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

My first offroad photos in Nashville area! First time offroading experience....

Old 01-17-2011, 08:47 PM   #1
moulin6801 is just really nicemoulin6801 is just really nicemoulin6801 is just really nicemoulin6801 is just really nice
moulin6801's Tacoma Gallery
My first offroad photos in Nashville area! First time offroading experience....

Hey guys, I am pretty excited from my first offroad experience today!!
This is my 2nd time in this trail, I discovered it this weekend but I did not ride it much. Went there today again after a light rain, and what a blast!
First of all, I am so glad I have a 4x4, Now I know that the extra money for a 4x4 was a good investment!!!
Talk about another good investment, now I appreciate all this talk about offroad and all terrain tires, as you can see from the photos, it was not long into to it, I start loosing most of my traction when my tires got covered by mud. I did not know that is what happen to them! Keep in mind that my tires are pretty new! My 2010 TRD Sport only has 10K miles. So, next set of tires, will be more of a offroad type than street, as I have on TRD Sport.

It was fun to struggle to go uphill even with the 4x4 on. Almost did not make it at one point, it was sliding side to side and crawling uphill very slowly.
It was fun to turn the wheel to the sides and still keep going straight! The truck would follow the grooves more than my steering commands. It worried me for a few secs as I was going downhill...heading to a big whole.
I have a 4 doors, long bed, and I was glad to see that was not an issue when going on double dirt mounts. I read it before that the long beds hit the back fender... not an issue today.
I love my Taco !!! Can wait to go back. Hopefully next time I will have one of you guys there!
Like I said, it is in Hendersonville, just outside Nashville if you would like to join me.
Cheers
David
Attached Thumbnails
My first offroad photos in Nashville area! First time offroading experience....-img_0421.jpg   My first offroad photos in Nashville area! First time offroading experience....-img_0420.jpg   My first offroad photos in Nashville area! First time offroading experience....-img_0428.jpg   My first offroad photos in Nashville area! First time offroading experience....-img_0424.jpg   My first offroad photos in Nashville area! First time offroading experience....-img_0430.jpg  

Old 01-17-2011, 08:51 PM   #2
topgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
topgun155's Tacoma Gallery
Wow looks like a good. Next time I would bring a friend in case of stuckage. Also with the tires you have don't be afraid to spin them to clear the mud.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:39 PM   #3
moulin6801 is just really nicemoulin6801 is just really nicemoulin6801 is just really nicemoulin6801 is just really nice
I don't know... the more I span the tires, the slippery they felt!!
I wonder if the TRD OFF Road tires would look/feel the same in mud situation?!?
Old 01-19-2011, 08:52 PM   #4
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
The TRD off road tires are garbage. Mine had crap traction on pavement and off pavement was even worse. I love my A/Ts though!
Old 01-19-2011, 09:03 PM   #5
Tennessee Member
Jeremy92 has a spectacular aura aboutJeremy92 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Jeremy
Jeremy92's Tacoma Gallery
That's awsome dude. I live close to nashville, I'm in smyrna and would like to go on some trails around here. But I would have to go on a dry day. Since I have stock tires with just a 2wd I would most defintely be spinning and get stuck. You should check out the windrock meet thread its march 10 - 13 just search for it and you'll find it. I'm gonna try my best to get out there, I'm sure you would have a good time check it out.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:15 AM   #6
06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kenney
06rubi's Tacoma Gallery
Uh oh, looks Luke someone caught the wheelin bug! Just to warn ya, its gonna cost you. Welcome to the dirt side of the force!
Old 01-20-2011, 04:07 AM   #7
MAtrdguy is on a distinguished road

Army: 101st Airborne Div
Name: Pete
MAtrdguy's Tacoma Gallery
Where did you go ?? i lived in Nashville for 15yrs....use to go out in West Nashille to narrows Of the Harpeth....
Old 01-22-2011, 09:20 PM   #8
Thanks guys! Yes, anytime you want to come over to Hendersonville we can go do some offroad in this place. It is a fun one and nothing hardcore, my Taco is stock and my daily commuter, so I am not doing anything crazy. Just let me know...
I have just learned that the Windrock meet will be during school's Spring brake, so it will not work out for me, I have 3 boys...
It sucks because I was looking forward to do it. Maybe we can go there some other time...
Cheers
David
Old 01-22-2011, 09:32 PM   #9
afd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtrdguy View Post
Where did you go ?? i lived in Nashville for 15yrs....use to go out in West Nashille to narrows Of the Harpeth....
where at out there? I hunt on some property that borders the river on the the narrows. Seen plenty of 4 wheeler trails on the hunting property.....
Old 01-29-2011, 11:37 AM   #10
Doing some offroad this weekend. If you want to go there Sunday afternoon let me know.
Cheers.
Old 01-29-2011, 11:41 AM   #11
plee33 will become famous soon enoughplee33 will become famous soon enough
Name: Peter
plee33's Tacoma Gallery
Never break the most important rule in off-roading, "Never go alone!"
Old 01-29-2011, 11:48 AM   #12
ky taco
chopper is on a distinguished road

Name: chop
chopper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by plee33 View Post
thats the dam truth i done that once and got in a world of hurt!!
Old 01-29-2011, 12:02 PM   #13
Lgs79 is on a distinguished road
Name: Luis
Lgs79's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by plee33 View Post
That's so true, I went offroad once by myself; didn't get stuck but man I was driving so careful and taking easy trails cause I didn't have that peace of mind
Old 01-29-2011, 12:05 PM   #14
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know, that's some pretty..... easy stuff there, I think your fine to go alone on a wet dirt road
Old 01-29-2011, 02:59 PM   #15
BoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alex
BoostingMS6's Tacoma Gallery
^^^ True. But I know the few times I've gone alone, I've never gotten great pics because I'm afraid that once I stop, I won't get moving again.

OP, glad you enjoyed yourself! I had signed up for Vanderbilt in Nashville, but came back home for a girl. I fell in love with Nashville and the surrounding areas. Plan to get my butt to Tennessee in the next few years.
Old 02-05-2011, 08:24 AM   #16
Fireguy68 is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Fire
Name: A Brown Guy
Fireguy68's Tacoma Gallery
Funny how a girl will do that to you. I made the mistake of four wheeling alone.....at night....and got stuck. I was 17 and almost freaked walking through the woods back to the road. Found a guy at the 7-11 with a jacked up Chevy who helped out and un-stuck me. Thanks dude....whoever you are. I live down south of Nashville in Spring Hill. I'll drive up and throw some mud some time.
Old 05-18-2013, 07:56 AM   #17
TRDTundra13 is on a distinguished road
TRDTundra13's Tacoma Gallery
Where in Nashville was this? I also live in Hendersonville and am interested in meeting up. I just bought my truck from Ron Hibbard Toyota and I'm looking for some places to offroad.

Thank you!
Old 12-18-2013, 09:53 AM   #18
Nashville4Runner is on a distinguished road
Name: Jason
Nashville4Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDTundra13 View Post
Where in Nashville was this? I also live in Hendersonville and am interested in meeting up. I just bought my truck from Ron Hibbard Toyota and I'm looking for some places to offroad.

Thank you!

Hey man I used to live in Hendersonville but now live in Franklin, Ky. Those trails are right off exit 12(Station Camp exit) on Vietnam Vets. If you are coming from Nashville just get off exit 12 and go left. It is that land to your right. If you take a left go down until you see Station Camp HS and the fire department on the left and look directly on the right side of the road and you will see the beginning part of the trail. Let me know if you want to go out there. I have been itching to take my 4runner out there. They are pretty easy trails but fun. There are some fun hill climbs, tight trails and also a nice creek crossing.
Old 12-19-2013, 03:25 AM   #19
TRDTundra13 is on a distinguished road
TRDTundra13's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome man thanks! I'm going to drive out there this weekend and check them out. I live less than 10 minutes from there.
Old 12-19-2013, 02:10 PM   #20
TheGoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGoat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
TheGoat's Tacoma Gallery
I've been stuck twice, both times I was alone. I guess I haven't learned my lesson, went again yesterday morning...alone. lol