Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

2011 "off road" controls

Old 01-23-2011, 07:18 AM   #1
kansas is on a distinguished road
Name: Bill
kansas's Tacoma Gallery
2011 "off road" controls

I've had my Tacoma for a few weeks. I've done a lot off 4X driving, but am a little mystified at the features and especially the owners manual for this Tacoma. Many of the instruction are written in the negative, i.e. "to activate the XYZ system turn on the ABC off switch." A better orgainization might have listed the features under a description of when they would be used. Anyway, anyone willing to go over some of the features of the Tacoma 2011 off road package, manual transmission? I guess the basic question is are there any switch I need to have on for normal driving and is there a light that flashes on the dash and a beep that sounds if the wheels slip or slide, even when I do not have a special driving system engaged? Sorry for the long email. Thanks. Bill
Old 01-23-2011, 07:19 AM   #2
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
David K will be with you shortly. Have a seat right over there ---->

This is the post you're looking for, it's a bit of a read, but it does help people understand the massive number of options the newer TRD OR trucks have in terms of traction tools:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...nd-i-hope.html
Old 01-23-2011, 07:38 AM   #3
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
David K will be with you shortly. Have a seat right over there ---->

This is the post you're looking for, it's a bit of a read, but it does help people understand the massive number of options the newer TRD OR trucks have in terms of traction tools:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...nd-i-hope.html
someone say A TRAC
Old 01-23-2011, 07:44 AM   #4
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalguyracing View Post
someone say A TRAC

SHHHHHH. God dammit. You know, somewhere in the southwest someone just sat bolt upright in their bed.

I hope you're happy.