Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Latest offroad trip (Big Bear, CA)

Old 08-29-2008, 11:49 AM   #1
J4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

J4RR's Tacoma Gallery
Latest offroad trip (Big Bear, CA)

Here is a small amount of pics taken, no real action shots since I was busy trying to get my truck through.

Gold Mountain

White Mountain

Meeting before trail runs:
Old 08-29-2008, 11:52 AM   #2
"Living life in the FAST lane..."
05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 05PreRunner
Looks like fun man...
Old 08-29-2008, 12:18 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
looks like ya'll had a great time. what psi were you running in your tires??
Old 08-29-2008, 12:42 PM   #4
Senior Citizen
Oscar 319 is a glorious beacon of lightOscar 319 is a glorious beacon of lightOscar 319 is a glorious beacon of lightOscar 319 is a glorious beacon of lightOscar 319 is a glorious beacon of light

Oscar 319's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

That is bad ass! What kind of lift do you have, and do the 285's rub? Nice truck by the way....
Old 08-29-2008, 01:12 PM   #5
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
man i wish i could offroad as much as you J4RR always having fun, awesome pics hope to see you at the meet! when ever you want to trade trucks you let me know lol.
Old 08-29-2008, 03:26 PM   #6
silver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: COIL
silver07taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to silver07taco
Taco looks sweet, Looks like a good old time.
Old 08-29-2008, 04:15 PM   #7
J4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

J4RR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
looks like ya'll had a great time. what psi were you running in your tires??
I run at 18psi, I've done very well at that psi especially with alot of rocks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar 319 View Post
That is bad ass! What kind of lift do you have, and do the 285's rub? Nice truck by the way....
Icon coilovers set at 2.75, TC UCA's, Icon 3 leaf add a leaf and Icon resi shocks.
Even at my caster set a 3.0 my 285's still rub the body mounts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmer View Post
Yeap Gold MTN is a fun trail .

I was up there (big bear) in may

did you guys do John bull as well ?

timmer
Gold mountain was great especially the rock garden.

We had 2 groups, med/hard and hard.
I went with the med/hard group ran white and gold mountains, the hard group ran the John Bull and glad I didn't they struggled getting through that trail, I guess they were saying that it has gotten beat up last couple years, all 3 fj's had body damage and the Lexus Cruiser busted the driveline.
Plus I don't have a locker, which hasn't stopped me yet but John Bull is a whole different game.
Old 08-29-2008, 05:17 PM   #8
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by J4RR View Post
I run at 18psi, I've done very well at that psi especially with alot of rocks.

Icon coilovers set at 2.75, TC UCA's, Icon 3 leaf add a leaf and Icon resi shocks.
Even at my caster set a 3.0 my 285's still rub the body mounts.

Gold mountain was great especially the rock garden.

We had 2 groups, med/hard and hard.
I went with the med/hard group ran white and gold mountains, the hard group ran the John Bull and glad I didn't they struggled getting through that trail, I guess they were saying that it has gotten beat up last couple years, all 3 fj's had body damage and the Lexus Cruiser busted the driveline.
Plus I don't have a locker, which hasn't stopped me yet but John Bull is a whole different game.
cool deal man!!
Old 09-02-2008, 09:30 AM   #9

J4RR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
reboxing the body mounts is a risky proposition for the unexperianced it isnt a job I would want to do with out a bunch of forthought.

are you mostly rubbing it at significant compression while hard turning?

I know some folks that ran it in May and they were saying that JB was in pretty sad condition. loads of people must have been up there this summer spinning out on the trail or there may have been some heavy rains or both.

I've seen loads of trails with big holes on the right side at the top of the inclines. people get up there and just spin their tires off
then they wonder why the Gov and the huggers want to close the trails down. F'in stupidity. get a yank, put in a locker, modulate the brake. load some weight on the light side, back down and try a different line. Somke a "J" and think about it awhile. do someting Just dont tear up the trail even more.

Think thanks
Yeah, I rub at full compression but I've gotten used to it, I was close to having my body mounts trimmed and reboxed but I will deal with the rubbing.

I know what you mean trials are getting jacked up by rigs and drivers who have no regard for the outdoors, anyhow I see more Sas'd rigs jacking up trials with there huge 37" Iroks, there diffs just hitting and dragging over obstacles and choosing ridiculous lines that tear up the trail.

I usually don't spin my tires just becuase I don't have a locker, I drive my rig well and have been able to master wheeling through obstacles by choosing the best lines, keeping a good steady foot on the gas and using the brake and gas at the same time.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:48 AM   #10
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
drive around least expensive
drive over more expensive
drive through most expensive.

stick to driving around and over obstacles and you'll be fine
That's some solid advice!
Old 09-03-2008, 03:57 PM   #11
Pepsi
Playz will become famous soon enoughPlayz will become famous soon enough

Playz's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Playz Send a message via Yahoo to Playz
I used to go to Big Bear on a bi weekly. I love it out there. Wish I knew you guys were going. I been without my truck for about 2 months but it's coming back friday. Can't wait!
Old 09-03-2008, 04:20 PM   #12
It's TACO time!
DFPTaco has a spectacular aura aboutDFPTaco has a spectacular aura about
Name: Josh
DFPTaco's Tacoma Gallery
That's bad, where is the trail! I want to go! Big Bear is like an 1 hour and 45 mins from my house. I'm jelous
Old 09-04-2008, 10:56 AM   #13

J4RR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playz View Post
I used to go to Big Bear on a bi weekly. I love it out there. Wish I knew you guys were going. I been without my truck for about 2 months but it's coming back friday. Can't wait!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFPTaco View Post
That's bad, where is the trail! I want to go! Big Bear is like an 1 hour and 45 mins from my house. I'm jelous
You guy's in SoCal should join us on our monthly official trail runs, PM me if you are interested.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:28 PM   #14
Pepsi
Playz will become famous soon enoughPlayz will become famous soon enough

Playz's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Playz Send a message via Yahoo to Playz
Quote:
Originally Posted by J4RR View Post
You guy's in SoCal should join us on our monthly official trail runs, PM me if you are interested.
PM sent. I'm hitting Azusa Canyon SAturday. Haven't been there in awhile. Anyone is welcome to join. Not thread jacking though. PM please..
Old 09-09-2008, 11:12 PM   #15
RiceRocket is on a distinguished road

Air Force: C-17
RiceRocket's Tacoma Gallery
i think ive been in the same trail