Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Trail markers like this a little sketchy

Old 01-27-2011, 02:36 AM   #2
MountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bryan
MountainEarth's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah there are a bunch of those around the campgrounds and surrounding forest by Camp Hale between Leadville and Vail, CO.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:08 AM   #5
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
The sign isn't the spooky part. The spooky part is that the government will allow recreational activities in areas they feel the need to post up one of these signs just to cover their ass and say you were warned. Then the spookier part is people just going on in and having fun anyway like nothing will blow up. Good luck with that. I find there are many ordinance free areas to have my fun Then the suck part is that the government fucks up cool natural areas conducive to recreation in this manner. Shouldn't they be made to pick up all their toys when done as we were instructed to as children?
Old 01-27-2011, 04:36 AM   #6
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
im going to tell my wife there is a diamond under that shiny thing.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:28 AM   #7
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
The sign isn't the spooky part. The spooky part is that the government will allow recreational activities in areas they feel the need to post up one of these signs just to cover their ass and say you were warned. Then the spookier part is people just going on in and having fun anyway like nothing will blow up. Good luck with that. I find there are many ordinance free areas to have my fun Then the suck part is that the government fucks up cool natural areas conducive to recreation in this manner. Shouldn't they be made to pick up all their toys when done as we were instructed to as children?

This trail is about 18 miles one way & this sign was posted 7 miles in, shoulda been at the entrance..
Old 01-27-2011, 06:33 AM   #8
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Who gives a shit what the reason is-You should know enuf to stay on roads and trails. I managed to range over a good 1/2 the 265,000 or so acres of Eglin that is open to the public...with signs like this all over the place...and I did not get blowed up-cause I stayed on the roads/trails.

If they only posted "Stay on roads and trails" would it change anything?? Nope.

Additionally-My guess is you are on the military reservation at that point...which is required by law to be allowed to some degree. If you don't like how they use they land....Stay off of it.
Old 01-27-2011, 07:03 AM   #9
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Who gives a shit what the reason is-You should know enuf to stay on roads and trails. I managed to range over a good 1/2 the 265,000 or so acres of Eglin that is open to the public...with signs like this all over the place...and I did not get blowed up-cause I stayed on the roads/trails.

Additionally-My guess is you are on the military reservation at that point...which is required by law to be allowed to some degree. If you don't like how they use they land....Stay off of it.
Actually I think it was a training area during WW2 & later relinquished to BLM & USDF ( Cleveland National Forest ) the thing that was odd , was the location posted, I'd think it would've been at the trailhead warning that you're entering this type of area, seems to me thats where you'd expect it, not halfway down a trail you've been driving on, people do like to get out once in awhile. Military ordinants aren't new in San Diego, shit we just had a meet at Superstition which borders an active naval bombing range, which is fenced & posted in most spots & I sure as hell wouldn't venture far past it just to see if their lying or not.. just common sense I reckon....
Old 01-27-2011, 07:11 AM   #10
Ainokea
RecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
RecklessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

That location is actually where a military helicopter carrying large amounts of ammunition crashed two or three years ago and they finally opened the trail head back up at the end of last year. Not a military reservation at all, but close to a indian reservation!
Old 01-27-2011, 07:18 AM   #11
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RecklessTaco View Post
That location is actually where a military helicopter carrying large amounts of ammunition crashed two or three years ago and they finally opened the trail head back up at the end of last year. Not a military reservation at all, but close to a indian reservation!
IS that why that fucking thing was out in the middle of nowhere Matt ?

La posta or campo ?
Old 01-27-2011, 07:23 AM   #12
Ainokea
RecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
RecklessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
IS that why that fucking thing was out in the middle of nowhere Matt ?

La posta or campo ?
Exactly why! I say next time up there we go collect us some military ammo! JK
Old 01-27-2011, 07:24 AM   #14
hellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rob
hellrazor004's Tacoma Gallery
Hah, It's the damn environmentalists trying to keep you on designated trails...

Great way to do it....
Old 01-27-2011, 07:29 AM   #16
TacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoDaTugBoat's Tacoma Gallery
I had a job where we had to hammer flags into the ground where we thought there were unexploded munitions. It was an old Winchester Arms factory where they tested motar shells for the first and second World War. Interesting job! Didn't get blown up. Only found 2 or 3 actual munitions.
Old 01-27-2011, 07:37 AM   #17
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
The Tierra Santa developement, Murphy Canyon, Admiral Baker field, Hwy 52, all these places STILL have munitions scattered all over from the de commissioned Camp Elliot pretty sure...
Old 01-27-2011, 07:56 AM   #18
4X4_TRD has a spectacular aura about4X4_TRD has a spectacular aura about

Navy: Survival Instructor
Name: Justin
4X4_TRD's Tacoma Gallery
You're wheeling without me Doug? I see how it is. Haha
Old 01-27-2011, 09:44 AM   #19
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by RecklessTaco View Post
So slightly different In this case- That sign is a CYA because of litigation happy America.
If the crash was that recent- There is very little chance that anything explosive is still there cause post crash investigations are very through. If there is some scrap of metal or something left behind- Hopefully people won't play with it.
Old 01-27-2011, 10:34 AM   #20
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
...and I did not get blowed up-cause I stayed on the roads/trails.

If you don't like how they use they land....Stay off of it.
I wouldn't go on trails like that there anyway and be runnin thru everyone's doody and stuff since they stayed on the trail to not get all blowed up. No need to go all hyper serious, we all know what the signs mean & I post lots of shit in jest, it's the internet, have fun widdit. Al Gore would have it no other way would he?