Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Lets see your TRAIL DAMAGE

Old 08-06-2014, 10:40 AM   #422
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Cross member ?
Old 08-09-2014, 05:52 PM   #425
Keyboard commander
CohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
CohbsTaco's Tacoma Gallery
^^ ouch
Old 08-09-2014, 06:49 PM   #426
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
Yea holds the transfer case.
Just remove & make it a full floating transfer....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliBluTaco View Post
Trail Damage this past Wednesday
First the front fender...

Then the rear bedside...

DAYUMM !! & not a scratch on the slides probably...

yeah that sux, sometmes I wish we could just wrap our trucks in bubble wrap...
Old 08-09-2014, 10:55 PM   #427
CaliBluTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliBluTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliBluTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliBluTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliBluTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliBluTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliBluTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliBluTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliBluTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliBluTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliBluTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathanael
CaliBluTaco's Tacoma Gallery
DAYUMM !! & not a scratch on the slides probably...

yeah that sux, sometmes I wish we could just wrap our trucks in bubble wrap..

Yep! Not a scratch But i did use a bottle jack between the boulder and rock slider to push the truck off the boulder, that and a hi-lift in the rear to edge me off that sucker. Then winched myself out. Now i have more of an incentive to start cutting my truck for a hi clearance rear bumper and 35"s
Old 08-15-2014, 09:35 AM   #428
slander will become famous soon enoughslander will become famous soon enough
slander's Tacoma Gallery
Our trails are VERY tight around here and if the trees dont get you the rocks and side hills will and body damage is something you just have to expect unless you want to just bomb down gravel roads. Add in the fact that evreyone in my wheeling group has an SAS and 37"+ tires, its something i have accepted, i always did like raisened up toyotas though.
Heres a good shot of the pax side. That seems to be a pivot point that i grab almost evreytime i go wheeling:

This kept me from flopping at the entrance of a trail in TN:

The truck on 37s in front of me had to winch, so i tried this and flopped:

Only damage is right below tool box looks like someone got pissed and kicked the door in you can barely see it in this pic:

This was taken a few years ago same trip as the above pics, lots more damage since:

This isnt all of it, just the stuff i have pics of. The only panel that is not dented is my hood and tailgate.
Old 08-15-2014, 10:23 AM   #429
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
For some dents you guys can yank them out with a $1.99 glass cup... Being a glass guy I have cups and just last week yanked a nice sized dent out of a members truck. Also fixed some of mine. Clean the dent, spit on it, and use the cup to yank them out. Some dents require multiple cups and a few hands.

Old 08-15-2014, 10:54 AM   #430
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
For some dents you guys can yank them out with a $1.99 glass cup... Being a glass guy I have cups and just last week yanked a nice sized dent out of a members truck. Also fixed some of mine. Clean the dent, spit on it, and use the cup to yank them out. Some dents require multiple cups and a few hands.

I knocked in my entire passenger door and popped it out with a suction cup. Still eaves the kinks where body lines were but IDGAF
Old 08-15-2014, 10:56 AM   #431
DCLBFTMFW ;)
scottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottalot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

We have some cups at work that are for bent glass. Max carry weight is like 500 lbs. Had a friend with a big dent in the side of his truck once. We put one of out cups on it and hooked a tow strap from it to another truck and popped it right out. Woods makes great cups
Old 08-15-2014, 12:53 PM   #432
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NwiTACO View Post
I knocked in my entire passenger door and popped it out with a suction cup. Still eaves the kinks where body lines were but IDGAF

PSUtaco85's fender was about 1" dented in from his flares and it looked like poop. Pulled it right out, but same with yours the crease is there. Now it's only 1/8" fromthe flares

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottalot View Post
We have some cups at work that are for bent glass. Max carry weight is like 500 lbs. Had a friend with a big dent in the side of his truck once. We put one of out cups on it and hooked a tow strap from it to another truck and popped it right out. Woods makes great cups
Jesus...you'll rip a door off with one of them.

I just ordered (4) woods power grips yesterday We get the cheap plastic ones here because the guys trash them. When I was a PM I would buy my guys the good steel ones, but they had pride and took care of their tools.
Old 08-16-2014, 07:15 AM   #434
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. DTOM
xaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zac
xaqori's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahshiet View Post
Add me to the list
Can't have a snorkel and no body damage...
You should see all my pinstripes. And "pivot point" damage (DCLBs aren't the best on tight trails). Also dropped the back end on a ledge. Looks really good. Might post a pic after work
Old 08-16-2014, 07:17 AM   #435
Banned
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Add me to the list

that's why I bought white... no matter what you hit the scratch is usually white

good way to pop her cherry - thats a good one
Old 08-16-2014, 08:34 AM   #436
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I like to spit on C cups but don't enjoy yanking nearly as much as plunging.

Quote:
that's why I bought white... no matter what you hit the scratch is usually white

You are soooo right with these crappy water-based, two stage paints. All scratches reflect the entire spectrum or as commonly known as 'white.'

The funniest part, I didn't know your truck was white! lol
Old 08-16-2014, 02:39 PM   #437
Ahshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ahshiet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Her cherry was popped a long time ago but that wasn't my fault got rear ended on a muddy road had to replace the whole bed and back of cab was smashed had to respray the whole driver side to blend it cause the first time they sprayed it they used DuPont flakes and looked awesome was so sparkly but didn't match the stock paint I have dents on every panel already but nothing compared to this lol
Old 08-16-2014, 02:40 PM   #438
Ahshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ahshiet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xaqori View Post
Can't have a snorkel and no body damage...
You should see all my pinstripes. And "pivot point" damage (DCLBs aren't the best on tight trails). Also dropped the back end on a ledge. Looks really good. Might post a pic after work
I think the truck looks better with the smash like you said the whole snorkel theme flows with the smash! Lmfao I'm not gonna pay to fix it I rather buy other stuff like install my 4:10s and buy a locker for the rear
Old 08-16-2014, 04:01 PM   #439
He gotta real perty mouth aint he
HBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Allen
HBtaco02's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
Yea holds the transfer case.
Didn't we weld that up?
Old 08-16-2014, 06:07 PM   #440
Banned
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBMurphy View Post
I like to spit on C cups but don't enjoy yanking nearly as much as plunging.

You are soooo right with these crappy water-based, two stage paints. All scratches reflect the entire spectrum or as commonly known as 'white.'

The funniest part, I didn't know your truck was white! lol
matte white..FTW!

Can barley see a shimmer of reflection in a night shot.

Quote:
Her cherry was popped a long time ago but that wasn't my fault got rear ended on a muddy road had to replace the whole bed and back of cab was smashed had to respray the whole driver side to blend it cause the first time they sprayed it they used DuPont flakes and looked awesome was so sparkly but didn't match the stock paint I have dents on every panel already but nothing compared to this lol
Yea, that's a nice one.

I added a dent today, but she was on jackstands so it wasn't fun adding it to the list. Took my 4# mini sledge and bashed a rear fender while punching out the shackle bracket rivets. Dented it out and spider cracked the paint.