Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Lets see your TRAIL DAMAGE

Old 03-02-2011, 06:59 AM   #41
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
i take it you've since thrown away the hosed WEs?
Old 03-02-2011, 07:03 AM   #42
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
I was using them as doorstops, but somebody actually bought them! They approached me and I tried 3 separate times to talk them out of it. They wouldn't take no for an answer so I got a few bucks for my troubles.

They rebuilt the things and I saw them for sale on this site a few months later. I can't imagine it was worth the rebuild cost.

The things rode great when I had them, and they would have been ok if I weren't running the jounce shocks. Those bumps allowed the suspension to cycle way more than the shocks could handle.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:04 AM   #43
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'll post a little more of my wheeling carnage...

Upper oil pan

Front differential mount

UCA mounting bolt

Bent gusseted spindle

My stupidity

UCA

Limit strap

Limit strap on the other side

Bent a coilover

I always liked these threads.
wtf do you do to your trucks? that's some serious carnage!
Old 03-02-2011, 07:05 AM   #44
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Race.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:05 AM   #45
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCO View Post
wtf do you do to your trucks? that's some serious carnage!
He races in the desert.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:07 AM   #46
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I was using them as doorstops, but somebody actually bought them! They approached me and I tried 3 separate times to talk them out of it. They wouldn't take no for an answer so I got a few bucks for my troubles.

They rebuilt the things and I saw them for sale on this site a few months later. I can't imagine it was worth the rebuild cost.

The things rode great when I had them, and they would have been ok if I weren't running the jounce shocks. Those bumps allowed the suspension to cycle way more than the shocks could handle.
damn...was going to see if i could get the remote resi off them getting ready to rebuild mine and putting on the king 16"x700# coils on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
He watches races in the desert.
fixed

Old 03-02-2011, 07:10 AM   #47
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Race.
either you reallly suck...you do some bad ass sh!t

you race in that white taco?
Old 03-02-2011, 07:10 AM   #48

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
damn...was going to see if i could get the remote resi off them getting ready to rebuild mine and putting on the king 16"x700# coils on them.
Damn! I'm bumping up to 650lb coils on my truck. What rate are you running currently?

Quote:
fixed

Old 03-02-2011, 07:13 AM   #49
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
Damn! I'm bumping up to 650lb coils on my truck. What rate are you running currently?
the stock WE coils...supposedly by them they are 600#, but the part number on the coils themselves have a 650 in it also want less preload on the coils, so i got them slightly longer. DSM is tha shit!

plan on running full ATO skids and ATO or relentless front in the future too. right now running that all pooh front and the ATO IFS skid (70# of beefcake).
Old 03-02-2011, 07:13 AM   #50
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
wouldnt have happened if you had ATRAC.......
Old 03-02-2011, 07:13 AM   #51

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCO View Post
either you reallly suck...you do some bad ass sh!t

you race in that white taco?
Yep, that's the truck. It's been through hell and the build has been trial and error. At this point the suspension is solid and has held up beautifully through quite a bit of punishment.

Next up is some custom skidplate reinforcements as there's nothing on the market that'll survive racing in as-delivered form. I'm thrilled with the BudBuilt design, and with some square tube welded to the back for additional support they should hold up perfectly.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:47 AM   #52
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Horrible thing to do to an almost flawless body.... (it was then anyway)

Courtesy of some big ass rock on the side of a BIGGER ass mountain (PJ Peak) Corral Canyon OHV

Old 03-06-2011, 02:55 PM   #53
GSK9 B1T3 is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard:
Name: Another One
GSK9 B1T3's Tacoma Gallery
Bump
Old 03-08-2011, 10:53 PM   #55
MxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MxRacer190's Tacoma Gallery
I noticed it the next morning after a night of wheeling. I didn't even know I hit anything. Definitely a tree though lol.

after applying some scratch remover.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:57 PM   #56
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MxRacer190 View Post
I noticed it the next morning after a night of wheeling. I didn't even know I hit anything. Definitely a tree though lol.

after applying some scratch remover.
Are you sure... looks like it was a motorcycle helmet from here!
Old 03-09-2011, 10:57 PM   #57
"Change is inevitable, but growth is optional."
tacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
tacomarotto's Tacoma Gallery
damn....... thats shitty
Old 03-17-2011, 09:13 PM   #58
84socal is on a distinguished road

Name: the hated mother fucker
84socal's Tacoma Gallery
i can play here

and have cracked the frame twice in the front end now
Old 03-17-2011, 09:58 PM   #59
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84socal View Post
i can play here

and have cracked the frame twice in the front end now
Nice! Is that what my new truck (to me 1980) will look like next year?
Old 03-17-2011, 10:03 PM   #60
Ban Pending

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post
Attachment 93147

i got hit...by a jeep...in a parking lot. Does that count as trail damage??
That's considered Mall Damage.