1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

lsd in front ifs?

Discussion in 'Off-Roading & Trails' started by 98fourbangertaco, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Feb 24, 2011 at 4:22 PM
    98fourbangertaco

98fourbangertaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Taylorsville, NC
    Vehicle:
    98 toyota tacoma, 4wd, SR5, 2.7L, 5-speed
    daystar 2.5in suspension lift kit, detroit truetrac in rear, custom transfer case skidplate, deckplate mod, green high-performance drop in filter, Huskyliner floor mats, 31x10.50 wild country radial mtx tires, yakima roof rack, load warrior basket, stubbs welding rock sliders, arb front bumper with warn 9,000lb winch and procomp black series 100w offroad lights, trail-gear rear bumper, borla exhaust, blacked out factory wheels, shovel mounted on roof rack, de-mudflaped
    Hey guys i have a 98 extra cab 5 speed 4cyl 4x4 non trd and i instaled a detroit truetrac gear type limited slip in the rearand i love it! However the time has arrose for a front traction aid as well, i know everybody will jump to say get the arb but thats not what i want or need, too pricy for me and i dont want the air lines and compressor. I would love to have the truetrac in the front too for the reason of the limited slip being easier to steer than a locked arb and in the situation where u had the front all binded up it would "slip" instead of break a cv axle like the arb. My truck has manul hubs as well, has anyone ran a limited slip in the front? I do a lot of 4H highway driving in the snow as well and would be worried about it pushing me all over the road or down the hill in off camber situations on the trail when the front breaks loose, is anyone currently running this setup or have any imput, thanks for the opinions in advance

2. Feb 24, 2011 at 8:53 PM
    kirkofwimbo

kirkofwimbo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Clayton
    Wimberley, TX
    Vehicle:
    ‘21 Tundra SR 4x4
    i'm pretty sure you can only do it if you have manual locking hubs...but if you do then I think it would be fine

EDIT- i reread the post and saw that you do have manual hubs. i think it would be fine offroad but not really to great driving in bad road conditions in 4H

3. Feb 24, 2011 at 8:54 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    You shouldnt have an issue running an LS diff in the front, even with ADD

4. Feb 25, 2011 at 12:37 PM
    98fourbangertaco

98fourbangertaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Taylorsville, NC
    Vehicle:
    98 toyota tacoma, 4wd, SR5, 2.7L, 5-speed
    daystar 2.5in suspension lift kit, detroit truetrac in rear, custom transfer case skidplate, deckplate mod, green high-performance drop in filter, Huskyliner floor mats, 31x10.50 wild country radial mtx tires, yakima roof rack, load warrior basket, stubbs welding rock sliders, arb front bumper with warn 9,000lb winch and procomp black series 100w offroad lights, trail-gear rear bumper, borla exhaust, blacked out factory wheels, shovel mounted on roof rack, de-mudflaped
    Thanks for the coments guy, and yes larry ik, give me some money!!! Haha, i would really like to find someone that is running the setup but seems like no one on here is

Products Discussed in

To Top