Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

lsd in front ifs?

Old 02-24-2011, 04:22 PM   #1
98fourbangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed98fourbangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed98fourbangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed98fourbangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed98fourbangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed98fourbangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed98fourbangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed98fourbangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed98fourbangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed98fourbangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed98fourbangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
98fourbangertaco's Tacoma Gallery
lsd in front ifs?

Hey guys i have a 98 extra cab 5 speed 4cyl 4x4 non trd and i instaled a detroit truetrac gear type limited slip in the rearand i love it! However the time has arrose for a front traction aid as well, i know everybody will jump to say get the arb but thats not what i want or need, too pricy for me and i dont want the air lines and compressor. I would love to have the truetrac in the front too for the reason of the limited slip being easier to steer than a locked arb and in the situation where u had the front all binded up it would "slip" instead of break a cv axle like the arb. My truck has manul hubs as well, has anyone ran a limited slip in the front? I do a lot of 4H highway driving in the snow as well and would be worried about it pushing me all over the road or down the hill in off camber situations on the trail when the front breaks loose, is anyone currently running this setup or have any imput, thanks for the opinions in advance
Old 02-24-2011, 08:53 PM   #2
Say no to Bro
kirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clayton
kirkofwimbo's Tacoma Gallery
i'm pretty sure you can only do it if you have manual locking hubs...but if you do then I think it would be fine

EDIT- i reread the post and saw that you do have manual hubs. i think it would be fine offroad but not really to great driving in bad road conditions in 4H
Old 02-24-2011, 08:54 PM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
You shouldnt have an issue running an LS diff in the front, even with ADD