1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

North florida trails?

Discussion in 'Off-Roading & Trails' started by Oh_Six_Taco_4x4, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Sep 11, 2008 at 8:27 PM
    Oh_Six_Taco_4x4

Oh_Six_Taco_4x4 [OP] Professional High Fiver

Member:
    Orange Park, FL
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport 4x4
    OEM skid plate. 3" Toytec lift with AAL. Trail Gear Rock Sliders Rechargable Maglite
    Does anyone know any good spots for off roading in the North Florida Area. (Jacksonville) I'm new to the scene and need to find some spots and possibly some people to go with.

2. Sep 11, 2008 at 8:35 PM
    Khaos

Khaos Big Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryant
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD SPORT Prerunner
    3” spacer lift, 285/75/17 KO2, Spidertrax 1.25” spacers
    You familiar with the St. Johns town center? Theres some wheeling in that area. Not much, just powerline roads and some easy hill climbs, but it beats nothing but mud. I've heard of a few other areas, but haven't got around to checking them yet, and probably wont until I get get some decent tires.

Theres also some stuff out at Nocatee (powerline roads) but since your in OP thats a bit of a drive.

3. Sep 11, 2008 at 9:36 PM
    Oh_Six_Taco_4x4

Oh_Six_Taco_4x4 [OP] Professional High Fiver

Member:
    Orange Park, FL
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport 4x4
    OEM skid plate. 3" Toytec lift with AAL. Trail Gear Rock Sliders Rechargable Maglite
    The drive isn't a problem. I was thinking about taking a trip to Palatka with some buddies. I'll go anywhere we're not trespassing...can't lose my job. I'm getting my lift and tires put on tomorrow. I should have some pictures up by tomorrow night.

4. Sep 12, 2008 at 2:24 PM
    bentley

bentley Member

Member:
    JAX, FL
    Vehicle:
    07 BLK X-Runner
    I'm from the OP area as well. If I wasn't in a X-Runner I'd be happy to take a ride but I don't think it would be a wise idea. I'll check with a few buddies of mine and see what they know.

5. Sep 12, 2008 at 2:28 PM
    HerNameIsLucy

HerNameIsLucy I miss Lucy. :-(

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Equador. Don't know why.
    Vehicle:
    RIP Lucy.
    She's gone but not forgotten.
    Ocala national forest ain't but a 3 hour ride away...less if you drive like i do...

6. Sep 24, 2008 at 9:08 AM
    NavyNate06

NavyNate06 yeah i fix F/A-18s

Member:
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Vehicle:
    99 Tacoma SR5
    Toytec 3 inch coilovers, OME springs/shocks, Toytec shackles, rattle can paint job, lc headers,
    i'm over in OP for a while longer too. once i get my truck running again lets hook up. I'd love to hit dirt with some other tacos. i've got the only modded truck out of my group. i had a place over on taylor feild road but they fenced it off. really pissed me off cuz it was REALLY good wheeling. had the truck off the ground a few times it was that good.

7. Oct 1, 2008 at 5:48 PM
    Jeffman1991

Jeffman1991 Active Member

Member:
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Vehicle:
    '08 Blue Pre-Runner TRD
    Standard Profile Black Toolbox, Straight Pipes with Borla Tips, Secondary air filter removal, K&N Air Filter, CB Radio with 4 foot whip, 50 watt PA, two 8 inch JL Subwoofers, Pioneer Headunit, Jensen 400 watt speakers all around. 3 inch lift coming soon.
    I live in baymeadows and there is a sick spot over by the deerwood office buildings off of Centurion Road or something. Lets mud sometime!!!!! But yea its a big empty field with bogging spots and good easy off road runs. JEA uses part of it but its not closed off or anything and people are always there. Ive got an '08 pre runner Double Cab

8. Oct 1, 2008 at 5:50 PM
    Khaos

Khaos Big Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryant
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD SPORT Prerunner
    3” spacer lift, 285/75/17 KO2, Spidertrax 1.25” spacers
    Glad to see some more North Florida members.

9. Oct 1, 2008 at 5:53 PM
    311offroad

311offroad Stock Taco For Now

Member:
    Milledgeville, GA
    Vehicle:
    2005 TRD OffRoad SR5 4x4 Short Bed Debadged
    20% tint, Debadged, Pioneer AVIC-Z110BT, Infinity component door speakers, MagLite mod
    Im in south Georgia, looking for some trails also! Not to big into mud tho... I'll watch others play in that stuff

But let me know if ya'l find something of in North Florida that might be close to me

10. Mar 28, 2012 at 2:00 PM
    2010TRD

2010TRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Thomas
    Waldo, FL
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM trd offroad DCSB
    Billistein 5100 front/rears, Toytec 2" AAL Custom grill, All Pro rear bumper, All Pro sliders, Anytime elocker/foglights, Rear diff vent relocated, W/O seat covers, weathertech mats/visors, nfab tire racK, cobra 75 stealth CB, Custom engine/trans skids 3/8", Hella and HID behind grill, LED bar backup light, LED pods under cab (rocklights)
    Not to bring a 'dead' thread back.............

But Osceola is a good place to ride...... mainly easy offroad trails....not much technical spots to it.......

Its FLORIDA.........what do you expect..........but MUD its the swamp .....

Ocala NF is a bit of drive.......but isnt muddy.......rather its SAND.........again this is FLORIDA...

If you want some technical, challanging trails then you need to see "hard rock" in Ocala........you tube it.....lots of videos...
    Its a private park, mainly for Motorcross dirtbikes......but they have an area exclusive to trucks/jeeps and is very difficult ive seen jeeps roll over before.....

Products Discussed in

To Top