Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Jeep Commercials

Old 03-09-2011, 02:09 PM   #1
ShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shane
ShaLor's Tacoma Gallery
Jeep Commercials

I know it is Tacoma, or even Toyota for that matter, but I have to say that I have been impressed with Jeeps advertising campaign as of late.
This is the first time I can remember seeing commercials aimed at people who actually take their off road vehicles off road.

Skid Plates:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGUKYormFL0?fs=1

Water Fording:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7suzXENcoDs?fs=1

Wheel Basse:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVumQ1-OMLc?fs=1

I just think it is smart advertising.
Old 03-09-2011, 02:14 PM   #2
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
impressive
Old 03-09-2011, 02:19 PM   #3
NetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NetMonkey's Tacoma Gallery
interesting, however.... those videos look much more impressive when its slowed down like that. but at full speed, meh... it just looks like a simple water crossing and going over some rocks.
Old 03-09-2011, 02:32 PM   #4
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
I must say that I considered the new GC when I got the Taco. I like them a lot but a bit pricey, knowing they wont hold their value near as good and the fact I knew I wouldn't be happy w/o a truck.
Old 03-09-2011, 04:14 PM   #5
Fenrisulfr is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenrisulfr is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenrisulfr is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenrisulfr is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenrisulfr is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenrisulfr is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenrisulfr is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenrisulfr is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenrisulfr is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenrisulfr is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenrisulfr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Fenrisulfr's Tacoma Gallery
Four words:

Just
Expect
Every
Problem
Old 03-09-2011, 04:16 PM   #6
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetMonkey View Post
interesting, however.... those videos look much more impressive when its slowed down like that. but at full speed, meh... it just looks like a simple water crossing and going over some rocks.
don't know if you saw my reply to your TW Live pic, but what i've always said about the JGC ad when they talk about the skid plates is that they should actually say "it has a skid plate, something your mechanic will charge you more for labor when they have to keep taking it off to fix your piece of shit jeep!!"
Old 03-09-2011, 04:54 PM   #7
siskiyou blues is on a distinguished road

Name: Carl
siskiyou blues's Tacoma Gallery
Makes me wonder why Toyota completely F'ked up the door seals in the new tacoma. Kind of a joke.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:33 PM   #8
That's some tight butthole
malander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: max
malander's Tacoma Gallery
I don't really believe that garbage. Not bashing jeep, but I'm sure a ridgeline could have done all that.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:44 PM   #9
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrisulfr View Post
Four words:

Just
Expect
Every
Problem
Also:

Just
Empty
Every
Pocket

Old 03-09-2011, 06:47 PM   #10
Banned
bowhunter11199 is a splendid one to beholdbowhunter11199 is a splendid one to beholdbowhunter11199 is a splendid one to beholdbowhunter11199 is a splendid one to beholdbowhunter11199 is a splendid one to beholdbowhunter11199 is a splendid one to beholdbowhunter11199 is a splendid one to beholdbowhunter11199 is a splendid one to behold
bowhunter11199's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgwheeler17 View Post
don't know if you saw my reply to your TW Live pic, but what i've always said about the JGC ad when they talk about the skid plates is that they should actually say "it has a skid plate, something your mechanic will charge you more for labor when they have to keep taking it off to fix your piece of shit jeep!!"

not defending them but thats why you do your own work.... and i really like the idea of stock skid plates.

i wish i had one today. smacked a big rock in about 4 feet of snow with about 12" of mud below that. but luckly it only dented a corss member or something in the front and didnt get my pumpkin or drive shaft

my budy behind me wasnt as lucky... he has a sas and it dented his pumpkin. he deserved it
Old 03-09-2011, 06:48 PM   #11
StandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Prior service. KC135 Crew Chief
Name: John
StandingCow's Tacoma Gallery
Its advertising, it is going to make it's product look awesome. Hell, the toyota commercials had tacomas falling off cliffs and not having a mark, lol.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:51 PM   #12
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
It's well done marketing, but that's the point of marketing...

And yes, everything looks better in slo-mo with retouched sound editing...but again, that's the point of marketing...to trick you into giving them your money.

Jeeps are very capable offroad in stock form...when they're running.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:06 PM   #13
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhunter11199 View Post
not defending them but thats why you do your own work.... and i really like the idea of stock skid plates.

i wish i had one today. smacked a big rock in about 4 feet of snow with about 12" of mud below that. but luckly it only dented a corss member or something in the front and didnt get my pumpkin or drive shaft

my budy behind me wasnt as lucky... he has a sas and it dented his pumpkin. he deserved it
i was shitting on jeeps, not skid plates. i love skid plates
Old 03-09-2011, 07:15 PM   #15
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
As for those "skid plates", I wanna see 'em in person. I doubt I'll be impressed.