Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

I understand the jeep thing...thats why i drive a TOYOTA!

Old 03-20-2011, 11:06 AM   #21
kinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GM1(sw/exw), USS Tortuga 01-04, NSWDG 04-09.
Name: Josh
kinetik873's Tacoma Gallery
Here are some shots from Tinker Troy of the recovery, My fairlead mounting bolts broke in the process, cheap chinese crap!! but, everything worked out.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/mid...ml#post2901729
Attached Thumbnails
I understand the jeep thing...thats why i drive a TOYOTA!-076.jpg   I understand the jeep thing...thats why i drive a TOYOTA!-075.jpg  
Old 03-20-2011, 11:13 AM   #22
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
most every toyota owner i talk to say they have a guilty pleasure for jeeps..Including me.
Old 03-20-2011, 11:15 AM   #23
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tinker_troy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinetik873 View Post
Here are some shots from Tinker Troy of the recovery, My fairlead mounting bolts broke in the process, cheap chinese crap!! but, everything worked out.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/mid...ml#post2901729
a few more for ya...

Old 03-20-2011, 04:34 PM   #25
Underprepared and Overconfident
DubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DubyaDawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Since ya'll are bangin on Jeeps, I'll play.....

My jeep pulling out an 85 toyota.

urdoinitwrong
Old 03-20-2011, 04:57 PM   #26
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogiboy View Post
why the jeep bashing. jeeps are great off road vehicles
The way I take it is kinda like Chevy drivers, there is nothing wrong with the brand, not that I like them, but it's the attitude behind it I cant stand. You know what I mean, there is nothing better and wont drive anything else. I like Jeeps, have no personal experience with them, but I know they are very capable off road vehicles. To me it's hard to compare a Jeep to a Tacoma, (Wrangler that is) It was deigned for off roading, the Tacoma is a truck first, made into an off roader. If I was buying for off roading alone, I probably would have bought a Jeep. Notice you dont really see Jeep trucks? I know they did make them for a short spell, but what happened to them?
Old 03-21-2011, 08:29 AM   #27
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDawgfan View Post
The way I take it is kinda like Chevy drivers, there is nothing wrong with the brand, not that I like them, but it's the attitude behind it I cant stand. You know what I mean, there is nothing better and wont drive anything else.
You're right. Because it isn't the same exact way with some people who have toyotas.

I'd rock a jeep in a heart beat.
Old 03-21-2011, 08:43 AM   #28
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
I see it like this. People who dont wheel/wheel occasionally and only with toyotas are more likely to hate on jeeps. People who do wheel are pretty much going to be with jeeps and other 4wds and aren't stuck up little bitches.
Old 03-21-2011, 08:51 AM   #29
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
I like the 04-06 Wrangler Rubicons.... Cherokees are ghey IMO
Old 03-21-2011, 09:03 AM   #30
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tinker_troy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittim View Post
I see it like this. People who dont wheel/wheel occasionally and only with toyotas are more likely to hate on jeeps. People who do wheel are pretty much going to be with jeeps and other 4wds and aren't stuck up little bitches.
Here's how I see it
You all are making this into more than what it is.
Golly Gee Wiz, it's a Toyota site!... imagine that! all be damn!

No different than people talking trash about their sports teams or what have you. Sure there are people who take it too far but I don't think this thread crossed any lines.

BUT what the hell do I know.
I know I typed more than three words so the likelyhood of anyone actually reading it goes in the sh*tter after that.
Old 03-21-2011, 09:07 AM   #31
come on fhqwhgads

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinker_troy View Post
Here's how I see it
You all are making this into more than what it is.
Golly Gee Wiz, it's a Toyota site!... imagine that! all be damn!

No different than people talking trash about their sports teams or what have you. Sure there are people who take it too far but I don't think this thread crossed any lines.

BUT what the hell do I know.
I know I typed more than three words so the likelyhood of anyone actually reading it goes in the sh*tter after that.
i realize this is a toyota site.

but toyotas are held to a cult status by many on here (not really sure why) and for the most part they say jeeps are shit, my toyota can out wheel any jeep, bla bla bla...meanwhile they are rocking bullbars drop brackets and MTs with tireshine on them.

the people on here that actually do wheel dont care who the fuck they wheel with, they're just happy they're wheelin.
Old 03-21-2011, 09:15 AM   #32
A_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Medicaly Discharged 13M
A_Ninja_Racer's Tacoma Gallery
I love Jeeps. I think they are great offroad Vehicles. When I was looking for my truck I couldn't find any Tacomas in the bairly used market with 4x4. So Now i'm looking for an old used Jeep. Something I can tinker with and alway's know that I will have my Tacoma ready to tow it home if/when I break something.
Old 03-21-2011, 09:19 AM   #33
snoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shed

snoope's Tacoma Gallery
That is the BEST rivalry going..."Jeep -v-Toyota" it sometimes consumes 1/2 out thread times locally ....

Funny part is ,JEEP owners "wheel" them while their DD or family rides are Toyota.....Households have both and have VERY DIFFERENT ideas on which one is be$t ....

Toyota owners are a special breed.loyal to a fault....but then again why not....

WHEEL WHAT YOU GOT............................................... ...TREAD LIGHTLY and bring out what you brought in,if not more
Old 03-21-2011, 09:31 AM   #34
woodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shed
woodygg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by David K View Post
Yet, you have a Toyota???

Jeeps are great... when they are working... they are just built very poorly (or some are)... I owned one, my dad owned two.
Agreed...

I learned to drive on a ranch in a 69 Willy's jeep...
we owned a 76 CJ5
I owned an 86 CJ7 (last year the CJ was made)
owned a TJ...

one of my best friend owns a Jeep dealership
I love the 4 door Jeep Wrangler...

that being said, I own a Tacoma!!
Old 03-21-2011, 09:36 AM   #35
jcrazy425 is a splendid one to beholdjcrazy425 is a splendid one to beholdjcrazy425 is a splendid one to beholdjcrazy425 is a splendid one to beholdjcrazy425 is a splendid one to beholdjcrazy425 is a splendid one to beholdjcrazy425 is a splendid one to beholdjcrazy425 is a splendid one to behold

Name: JC
jcrazy425's Tacoma Gallery
i was a jeep nut for a long time

Old 03-21-2011, 10:08 AM   #36
ROLL TIDE
Jo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud of

Name: Jo Dog
Jo Dog's Tacoma Gallery
been everywhere in my 4 banger jeep for the last 4 years with no problems
Attached Thumbnails
I understand the jeep thing...thats why i drive a TOYOTA!-truck-003.jpg  
Old 03-21-2011, 10:11 AM   #37
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
If I got back into wheelin again..... I'd buy a jeep again and build it similarly to the last one I had (and better).

It's sooooooooooooo much easier building a jeep for rock crawling than it is for a Toyota - primarily because of the IFS. And - the fact that the aftermarket stuff available for Jeeps is HUGE compared to Toyotas.

Rivalry - yeah....because there isn't anyone else on the trails as much as Toys & Jeeps.
Old 03-21-2011, 10:12 AM   #38
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
If I got back into wheelin again..... I'd buy a jeep again and build it similarly to the last one I had (and better).

It's sooooooooooooo much easier building a jeep for rock crawling than it is for a Toyota - primarily because of the IFS. And - the fact that the aftermarket stuff available for Jeeps is HUGE compared to Toyotas.

Rivalry - yeah....because there isn't anyone else on the trails as much as Toys & Jeeps.
Old 03-21-2011, 10:13 AM   #39
CelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kate
CelticTaco151's Tacoma Gallery
i have a 2000 4.0 inline 6. love it. the thing goes anywhere. you get ahole nuts/narrow-minded enthusiasts with any type of vehicle, besides a ranger. who the hell likes a ranger? jk
Old 03-21-2011, 10:28 AM   #40
P-Hill Tacoma is on a distinguished road

P-Hill Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I have one of each. In 1 1/2 years I put 3,000 miles on the jeep and 25,000 on the tacoma. Yea, its a jeep thing alright!