Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

I understand the jeep thing...thats why i drive a TOYOTA!

Old 03-27-2011, 08:57 AM   #121
pavement is boring....
lotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jace
lotsoftoys's Tacoma Gallery
i wheel without a seat belt most of the time... until i get to a difficult obstacle then i buckle up
Old 03-27-2011, 01:04 PM   #124
Drop it Drop it Low
Dmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Branden
Dmonkey's Tacoma Gallery
that's a rare factory color actually lol I'd love a pumpkin jeep ;p

I always wear my seat belt. I'll accidentally put it on when I'm sitting in my truck tuning my stereo or something. lol

people have a nasty habit of getting half ejected from jeeps and at the very least paralyzed but most of the time killed. So for that reason, my belt is always on when I'm wheeling
Old 03-30-2011, 10:20 AM   #126
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown View Post
Lol, saw this a while back and was about to post this till i saw you already did. He can totally stop that jeep from that steep incline from flipping with his leg
Old 03-30-2011, 10:58 AM   #127
.<>./
capetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

capetaco12's Tacoma Gallery
Iv never actually wheeled with another tacoma All the guy's i wheel with drive jeeps, I went to the jeep jamboree in CT saw some nice built rig's... And then some that are.
Old 03-30-2011, 10:59 AM   #128
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know what the hell that guy was thinking but it wasn't right for sure. Needs serious training & practice before he ever gets back on the dirt...

Knee-jerk reactions like this is what can turn a somewhat comical situation into a real tradgedy.....
Old 03-30-2011, 01:11 PM   #129
Drop it Drop it Low
Dmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Branden
Dmonkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by capetaco12 View Post
Iv never actually wheeled with another tacoma All the guy's i wheel with drive jeeps, I went to the jeep jamboree in CT saw some nice built rig's... And then some that are.
oh man look how much grip those tires can get! love low center of gravity builds with MASSIVE tires.. man, i bet he tears shit up with those boggers.
Old 03-30-2011, 01:21 PM   #130
tired
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by capetaco12 View Post
Oh my. There is a whole lotta bad going on right there. If anyone ever ends up on the same trail with that guy (yeah right) please do not alowhim to attempt any sort of recovery using those D-rings. Attached with tiny u-bolts, and even if they held, I'm not sure the bumper would.
Old 03-30-2011, 01:41 PM   #131
rjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Riley
rjclemen's Tacoma Gallery
Wait...is that an ATV winch?
Old 03-30-2011, 02:20 PM   #132
.<>./
capetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

capetaco12's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjclemen View Post
Wait...is that an ATV winch?
Harbor freight atv winch yep. I dont even know where that bumper began to go wrong. I think the stock bumper would be stronger.
Old 03-30-2011, 02:22 PM   #133
Betty White Edition Heep ZJ
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jonny's Tacoma Gallery
holy crap...
that bumper is soo effing sweet.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:06 PM   #135
C2T is one of the sharper tools in the shedC2T is one of the sharper tools in the shedC2T is one of the sharper tools in the shedC2T is one of the sharper tools in the shedC2T is one of the sharper tools in the shedC2T is one of the sharper tools in the shedC2T is one of the sharper tools in the shedC2T is one of the sharper tools in the shedC2T is one of the sharper tools in the shedC2T is one of the sharper tools in the shedC2T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 313th MI BN, 82nd Airborne
Name: Richard
C2T's Tacoma Gallery

Oh man...that is just too sad and scary. And then he has to top it off with a Live to Jeep sticker.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:53 PM   #136
MP40 is on a distinguished road

Name: Robert
MP40's Tacoma Gallery
here is the jeep i traded for my Tacoma, it was a good vehicle but after 6 years it was time to move on.

some guy we ran into on the trail in a land cruiser challenged me. he bet i could not take the line I was on. I won

Old 02-10-2013, 02:08 PM   #137
Mike84 is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
Mike84's Tacoma Gallery
I think Jeep makes a decent product and there are some great ones out there... But it's a matter of preference. I wanted one as a weekend ride bought a 91 tj and started working on it and then sold it after one good weekend it was fun it was the 2.5l 4 banger with practically no lift but still able with over 211k and it was fun. Someone who saw me having a ball made me an offer and off it went. But back to preference Example I won't buy, rent or do anything with a GM vehicle. I had an S10 it died with 88k tranny died automatic fuel pump was weak ac quit shorly before and i had a tapping noise 2.2l on it at a moment in my life where I needed it to be dependable..hence why I own a Tacoma I said never again would I own one. Now I am looking for a project and I am set on buying an 80's Toyota 4x4 and making it look like back to the future . Someone can make an argument that well just cause my gm sucked shouldn't mean they all suck its just my preference to think that they do. I am sure someone out there had on that never had a problem...

The Penta star engine is a great engine and will help with the jeeps problematic 3.8...

I think your comparing apples to oranges compairing abilities and preferences it should be for the love of going out to the trail the comodority of running in the mud and the brotherhood of the sport... Yes a taco will get stuck a jeep will get stuck and we can all laugh at the guy driving the stock grocery getting hummer on the trails