Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

I understand the jeep thing...thats why i drive a TOYOTA!

Old 03-19-2011, 08:27 AM   #2
Jigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
Old 03-19-2011, 08:33 AM   #4
Jigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98fourbangertaco View Post
thanks very much fellow jeeper, i love cookies
I may be a Jeep owner but I am not one of those Jeep douches. That's why I still hang out here and not on Jeep forums. Those people are retarted, I could glue a pencil to the dash and they would think that's the coolest thing since sliced bread.
Old 03-19-2011, 08:40 AM   #5
0wrx2 is on a distinguished road
0wrx2's Tacoma Gallery
the jeep in the pic doesnt look too stuck...
Old 03-19-2011, 09:29 AM   #7
Betty White Edition Heep ZJ
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jonny's Tacoma Gallery
nice
Old 03-19-2011, 09:32 AM   #8
RoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed
RoyB's Tacoma Gallery
i had to get pulled out by my buddys wrangler a couple times when I had my tacoma I also had a hell of a time in tight trails because of the length.
Old 03-19-2011, 10:52 AM   #9
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigzor View Post
I may be a Jeep owner but I am not one of those Jeep douches. That's why I still hang out here and not on Jeep forums. Those people are retarted, I could glue a pencil to the dash and they would think that's the coolest thing since sliced bread.
LOL thanks for the smile!

I am a former Jeep owner and learned that J E E P stood for Just Empty Every Pocket!

I have a friend with a Rubicon who leads other Jeep owners on desert and Baja runs... and asked me a few years ago (in a Tacoma) to lead this one run in Baja... One other non-Jeep guy was along, in an Isuzu Trooper...

We took a break where there was a boulder... and it was like cat-nip to the guys in Jeeps... all taking turns driving one tire up the boulder for photos. That made their day! We didn't need to continue to the planned destination.

The Isuzu guy and I just stood together and watched this circus, shaking our heads... He told me he comes along with the Jeeps because they need at least one reliable vehicle along for emergencies or to tow one of the Jeeps out.

Old 03-19-2011, 10:58 AM   #10
Say no to Bro
kirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clayton
kirkofwimbo's Tacoma Gallery
haha I dont think theyre really bashing their capabilities, just the fact that they are notoriously unreliable now days. The old 4.0 straight 6 they had was a beast though
Old 03-19-2011, 11:10 AM   #12
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogiboy View Post
why the jeep bashing. jeeps are great off road vehicles
Yet, you have a Toyota???

Jeeps are great... when they are working... they are just built very poorly (or some are)... I owned one, my dad owned two.
Old 03-19-2011, 11:12 AM   #13
Banned
TacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoMatt02's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigzor View Post
nom nom nom
Old 03-19-2011, 03:08 PM   #14
98fourbangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed98fourbangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed98fourbangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed98fourbangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed98fourbangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed98fourbangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed98fourbangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed98fourbangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed98fourbangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed98fourbangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed98fourbangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
98fourbangertaco's Tacoma Gallery
i have nothing against jeeps, infact my dad has owned a couple and they are great offroad with their size and solid front axles, its really nothing to me but just like the classic ford and chevy battle, theres always room for a lil fun pokeing the other side
Old 03-19-2011, 03:17 PM   #15
navysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 11 Bang Bang Infantry
Name: Zach
navysealboy93's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogiboy View Post
why the jeep bashing. jeeps are great off road vehicles
I think this is more so bashing the "douchey" jeep drivers. I know a few..and gotta say the community alone kept the jeep brand out of my option list when going to buy a new 4X4. Not to say there isn't cool jeep drivers though...
Old 03-19-2011, 03:46 PM   #17
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by David K View Post
Yet, you have a Toyota???

Jeeps are great... when they are working... they are just built very poorly (or some are)... I owned one, my dad owned two.

Some are, not all of them though. 1999-2004 Grand Cherokees are tanks. The 4.7L V8 in those are pretty damn bullet proof. And the 4.7L HO puts out really good numbers.
Old 03-19-2011, 05:23 PM   #18
Betty White Edition Heep ZJ
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jonny's Tacoma Gallery
dear god people...
take the pic for what it was meant for... shits and gigs
lol

I agree,and most will as well, Jeeps are bad ass offroad... when they are running
Ex- XJ owner here
Old 03-19-2011, 05:31 PM   #19
jcremeans11 has much to be proud ofjcremeans11 has much to be proud ofjcremeans11 has much to be proud ofjcremeans11 has much to be proud ofjcremeans11 has much to be proud ofjcremeans11 has much to be proud ofjcremeans11 has much to be proud ofjcremeans11 has much to be proud ofjcremeans11 has much to be proud of
Name: Jon
jcremeans11's Tacoma Gallery
Jeeps are great for their offroad use, but as people mentioned, pretty unreliable. My folks own a Commander, and it's a beast offroad, BUT the a/c unit doesn't work 85% of the time, and to get it started you basically have to find every pothole and ride the rumble strips on the highway for a mile to kick it on. Still great offroad though
Old 03-19-2011, 06:14 PM   #20
kinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GM1(sw/exw), USS Tortuga 01-04, NSWDG 04-09.
Name: Josh
kinetik873's Tacoma Gallery
ooh-ooh, I wanna contribute! We were at little sahara and one of the guys in our group has a stock wrangler. He slid into a bowl and I had to winch him out. It was pretty cool, I learned a lot more about my truck today than I though I knew. Pics to follow, once I get em.